Katy Perry to perform at 2015 Super Bowl half-time show

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11673709/katy-perry-play-half-super-bowl

Katy Perry to play Super Bowl

Pop star Katy Perry will be the halftime performer at Super Bowl XLIX, according to multiple reports.

The game will be played Feb. 1, in Glendale, Arizona.

The Wall Street Journal reported in August that Perry, Rihanna and Coldplay were asked if they were interested in playing the Super Bowl. The newspaper also had reported that the NFL was looking for artists to pay up to perform at the game, which draws massive ratings.

Perry, in an appearance on ESPN's "College GameDay" on Saturday, said she's "not the kind of girl to pay to play the Super Bowl."

A record 111.5 million viewers watched last season's Super Bowl between the Seattle Seahawks and Denver Broncos, during which Bruno Mars performed at the half.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F57P9C4SAW4

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Katy Perry? Now that's a wardrobe malfunction I wouldn't mind seeing... :whistle:

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Breast decision in a while for the halftime show. Did I mention the breasts?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I wonder if there going to make her "Pay for the honor of performing"? Like the NFL was talking about!o_O

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
She appears in my bedroom every week (in my mind of course)

Athos

Legend
Why don't we just call it the stripper halftime show? From Beyonce to Perry, you'll know that'll it'll just be gratuitous flashing of skin. Not that I mind, but I can't stand the music of either.

I guess I'l just mute and watch intently.

Alan

Legend
Nice looking woman but does she have any songs that actually sound good? The video above is the only tune I've heard hearing and I'm not impressed. Anybody know of one they like, musically speaking?

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Nice looking woman but does she have any songs that actually sound good? The video above is the only tune I've heard hearing and I'm not impressed. Anybody know of one they like, musically speaking?

I like "I kissed a girl", but I suspect it's for the content!:) As far as the group of pop stars she's in, I think she's the most tolerable. She has a lot of camp to her shows, and she doesn't pretend like what she's singing is deep. Not a lot of that "I'm Taylor Swift, take me seriously please" junk to her. I don't know if that makes sense or not.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
She sings too? Hell, I thought she was just great to look at. She understands what her assets are and uses them for our entertainment. I gotta like that. :censored::LOL:

Irish

Starter
Her stuff is actually really catchy, and she is really talented.

I am a full blooded american male. I eat my steak rare, barbecue at least twice a week, drink my whiskey neat and love my beautiful wife.

I, also, cannot get enough of Katy Perry

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The halftime show is seeking the bottom. Ugh this is awful but I understand trying to grab the female fans and the younger viewers that they are losing to soccer.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I don't know if she's a singer, but she's a good entertainer.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
The halftime show is seeking the bottom. Ugh this is awful but I understand trying to grab the female fans and the younger viewers that they are losing to soccer.

It can't possibly be worse than trotting out ancient Roger Daltry and Pete Townsend with replacements for one of the most influential rhythm sections of all time (certainly one of the greatest bassists, the Jimi Hendricks of rock bassists) and calling it The Who.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
It can't possibly be worse than trotting out ancient Roger Daltry and Pete Townsend with replacements for one of the most influential rhythm sections of all time (certainly one of the greatest bassists, the Jimi Hendricks of rock bassists) and calling it The Who.

That was difficult to watch. I think Daltry and Townsend were actually not really Daltry and Townsend, I think they were marionettes.