Kaepernick, RGIII, or Manziel in STL in 2016?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I think if the Rams had a decent QB, the OL would be talked about as ok to good. ;)

Foles sucks on this team, but he's made the line look better with his evasion of the sack. He's one of the most hit and least sacked QBs. At least give the dude credit where it's due. Nobody is going to talk about this line being good under any circumstances, especially after the injuries.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With Boldin, Gore, Vernon Davis, Crabtree, a killer D, and a good Oline.
Quit playing Madden, Kapernick is crap.

I haven't played Madden since 2010. What will stop us from doing the same? We already have a killer D and a better HB. We have talent in place on the OL once it gets healthy and a full off-season to improve it. And we have an opportunity to bring in some talent at WR/TE.

I don't see the best offense ever there. I see an offense with good but not elite talent. And not so shockingly, when they used Kaepernick right, he looked decent and they won games.

That's all we need until we develop a real QB of the future.

But...I'm open to suggestions. What QBs available to us offer more than Kaepernick next year?(ignoring rookies)

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I've never played Madden. But I get your point - it was more rhetorical than anything.

If I had to choose? - Manzeil.

But that's like choosing between syphilis, ghonorrea and crabs.

We fucked up with Foles, but I'd stay with him and start Mannion. (And draft one of the big three, or keep Keenum).

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
I'm quite shocked at the amount of people that would rather roll with foles/keenum again over one of these guys. IMO, if he only options are guys that arent accurate, might as well take a guy that at least can offer you something with his legs. And a lot of people seem to be blaming he oline for poor qb play this year, but wouldnt that be more reason for a scrambling qb?

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Not blaming the Oline, though they had issues.

Foles...don't know wtf happened. Maybe the early games were an illusion. New system, so-so WRs, 1st year OC, spread in college and shotgun at Philly - too many variables.

I just (still) cannot believe he is that fucking bad, but maybe he is.

Keenum hasn't really had a shot yet.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've never played Madden. But I get your point - it was more rhetorical than anything.

If I had to choose? - Manzeil.

But that's like choosing between syphilis, ghonorrea and crabs.

We freaked up with Foles, but I'd stay with him and start Mannion. (And draft one of the big three, or keep Keenum).

I'm not asking who you would choose from the three named in the thread.(you made it clear you don't like these guys) :)

I'm saying...what's your solution to the QB problem next year? Who do we start? Without counting the rookies. Because I want us to bring in Kaepernick AND one of the top rookies.(as I'd prefer we didn't throw the rookie to the wolves before he's ready)

But Foles? Hell no. I don't want him on this team.

As for Mannion, I get that he hasn't proven that he's bad...but he hasn't proven that he's good either. He hasn't proven anything. For all the heat Kaepernick gets around here, he's at least proven he can get the job done at the NFL level. Mannion hasn't. And like I said, I'm done with Foles. He needs to go. I bet we'd be in the playoffs this year if we had Kaepernick at QB and actually used his mobility. Foles has managed to make Kaepernick look like a good passer this year. And that's saying something.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The question asked to Charles Smith....
For me it's
1) Kap
2) RGIII
3) Manziel

Draft another QB(Goff) and make it an open 3 way race in training camp with Mannion.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I had to rank Manziel 3rd there but i really don't want any part of him.
Ask me about Josh Gordon though...:)

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
With Boldin, Gore, Vernon Davis, Crabtree, a killer D, and a good Oline.
Quit playing Madden, Kapernick is crap.
The bolded are the only difference in what he had and what we've got now....Gurley is better than Gore, our defense is as good as anything the Niners rolled out there and Crabtree sucks.
The OLine will improve. We do need to find a couple of legit targets to throw to. I'd bring Welker back and have him do nothing in training camp except suit up and play catch with shorts on. Draft a WR.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Crabtree is having a career season with Carr, just pointing that out, nothing more. Extension now included.

nighttrain

Legend
Could be.
I am sure he is guilty of general douchebaggery.
I think the whole locker room was poisoned in general and Harbaby may have something to do with that.
My point was, the short comings in his game don't have to do with work ethic and he has been, until now I suppose, healthy. But, the running QB is not something I love, so, it would be a last resort move to me.
If the Rams FO arnt desperate they oughta be
train

Rainram

Starter
Ugh.

This thread sucks.

Both in terms of the fact that it even exists...and the options we have to choose from at this position.

Let me see your gifs for 'this thread sucks'!

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I'd go for Manziel and that's about it. RG3's knees are never going to be the same and Kaep just sucks so bad like Foles the guy who entrusted the offense to him immediately wanted to take it away from him after seeing 2 seasons of it.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The question asked to Charles Smith....
For me it's
1) Kap
2) RGIII
3) Manziel

Draft another QB(Goff) and make it an open 3 way race in training camp with Mannion.

This^ Doubt they get Goff, but even Carson Wentz and go into 2016 with:
  1. Colin Kaepernick
  2. Sean Mannion
  3. Carson Wentz
Then have Kaepernick change his name to Forrest and when the play breaks down all Ram fans can yell in unison..."Run, Forrest, Run."