Just glanced at the remainder of the schedule...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
GULP :shock:

@ Texans (Slightly overrated team, but D is good & O can handle us)
@ Panthers (Improving team, not great. But is a road game)
vs Seahawks (We're not even in their league at this point)
vs Titans (May be a dark horse for AFC WC. Young talented team)
@ Colts (Smart football team that makes few mistakes. Andrew Luck is the future of the NFL)
vs Bears (D looks solid again. Cutler is a meh QB, but can get it done with improved OL & skill players)
@ 49ers (See Seattle)
@ Cardinals (We squeeked by them on opening day. Better team than us at this point)
vs Saints (Nightmare waiting to happen defensively unless we can pull some 2011 magic again)
vs Buccaneers (Easiest game the rest of the way. Talented skill players on O, rookie QB. Solid D)
@ Seahawks (Three words: HOUSE OF HORRORS (est. 2005))

Theway this team is playing I can easily see us only mustering 1-4 wins the remainder of the year (including JAX). This team has started way too slowly for us to anticipate playoffs especially with the schedule we have ahead of us. I count 8 games the remainder of the way vs potential playoff teams (and we've already lost to 3). Idk what would be worse the hiccup of 2011 or a hiccup this year... I'm leaning toward this years team (if this continues) because we had limited talent heading into 2011, which was only magnified once we started signing guys off the street on a weekly basis. This team has little room for excuses and I've grown quite tired of the "young team" talk. I heard a few weeks ago that Seattle is actually the youngest team in the NFL & we're second. What's their excuse?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I see 9 wins on that list. :tooth: :spz: :shhhhh:

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
rams24/7 said:

@ Colts (Smart football team that makes few mistakes. Andrew Luck is the future of the NFL)
vs Bears (D looks solid again. Cutler is a meh QB, but can get it done with improved OL & skill players)
@ 49ers (See Seattle)
@ Cardinals (We squeeked by them on opening day. Better team than us at this point)
vs Saints (Nightmare waiting to happen defensively unless we can pull some 2011 magic again)
vs Buccaneers (Easiest game the rest of the way. Talented skill players on O, rookie QB. Solid D)

Theway this team is playing I can easily see us only mustering 1-4 wins the remainder of the year (including JAX). This team has started way too slowly for us to anticipate playoffs especially with the schedule we have ahead of us. I count 8 games the remainder of the way vs potential playoff teams (and we've already lost to 3). Idk what would be worse the hiccup of 2011 or a hiccup this year... I'm leaning toward this years team (if this continues) because we had limited talent heading into 2011, which was only magnified once we started signing guys off the street on a weekly basis. This team has little room for excuses and I've grown quite tired of the "young team" talk. I heard a few weeks ago that Seattle is actually the youngest team in the NFL & we're second. What's their excuse?
Put on your big boy pants and ride it out with the rest of us :-D

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
We gotta gotta get a lot better in all phases of the game to even have a decent chance of a good record. The time is now and the team understands that, I beleive. I just don't know if it will matter because the coaching has been very bad at making the propper adjustments and the players are playing very sloppy, undisciplined, football right now. All w can do is hope they can repair the gashe in the armor.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
If Bradford doesn't show dramatic improvement, then 4-12 is a likely result this year.

It will interesting to hear what Fisher has to say if he is drafting 3rd overall. I guess he could say I told you we wouldn't be drafting 2nd overall again.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
max said:
If Bradford doesn't show dramatic improvement, then 4-12 is a likely result this year.

It will interesting to hear what Fisher has to say if he is drafting 3rd overall. I guess he could say I told you we wouldn't be drafting 2nd overall again.
Yes, but, what if Bradford does improve dramatically and the defense, special teams & penalties remain constant?
Little bit of algebra for ya there, Maximus.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can't figure out if I'd rather we went 7-9/8-8 again with average play from Sam or 2-14 and get the #1 pick with terrible play from Sam. If those were the two options.

TexRamFan

Rookie
My theory is the only game that matters is Jax.

Who knows what happens weeks down the road (injuries, suspensions, slumps), you just never know. Who thought Atl would be 1-3, NYG 0-4, I could go on and on. Win Sunday then focus on Hou. Sunday is all that matters right now.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Saw a fun stat while watching the Browns and Bills game last night. They were saying that neither team wants to FALL to 2-3, because only 21% of teams that start 2-3 make the playoffs. The Rams ASPIRE to be 2-3, haha. Oh the huge manatee.......

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
jrry32 said:
I can't figure out if I'd rather we went 7-9/8-8 again with average play from Sam or 2-14 and get the #1 pick with terrible play from Sam. If those were the two options.

I'd take average play from Sam ,cuz you could use that #1 overall for someone worse , if Sam plays average ,ya gotta believe he'll get better, his arm and attitude make him worth waiting on longer than a guy like Freeman.
Many teams have won SB's with average QB's, I'd rather we progress as a team and giterdun with Sam

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
max said:

The only way Bradford improves is if the running game improves

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
BuiltRamTough said:
max said:

The only way Bradford improves is if the running game improves

So you're gonna hold the rah rah speech all new coaches who come into a bad situation give against the guy?
Really max, c'mon man, I can't see you that way, pissed ,but vindictive?
nah, unless you really think the guy needs to go.

V3

Hall of Fame
jrry32 said:

I can tell you right now the Rams won't use that pick for a different QB. They're so stubborn/blinded that they'll re-sign him to a new contract.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
V3 said:
jrry32 said:

I can tell you right now the Rams won't use that pick for a different QB. They're so stubborn/blinded that they'll re-sign him to a new contract.

I would have agreed with you 100% till this season. Now I'm not 100% sure. Just looking from the outside it seems some of the dynamics have changed.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
V3 said:
jrry32 said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=PASSING&conference=null&season=2013&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=PASSING_YARDS&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats? ... 447263-n=1</a>

Review the stats and tell me Sam is the problem.

V3

Hall of Fame
Ky Ram said:
V3 said:
jrry32 said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=PASSING&conference=null&season=2013&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=PASSING_YARDS&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats? ... 447263-n=1</a>

It's his fourth season. I've seen enough to know what Bradford is. He isn't a franchise QB. I'm sorry. I defended Bradford for years but I can't do it anymore. He has to have everything perfect in order to do anything and that's just not going to happen in the NFL. He misses easy throws, stares down his receivers and never uses the pump fake so he gets WAY too many balls batted down at the line, isn't very good at going through his progressions, doesn't see open guys too many times, etc., etc.

If you want to continue to believe in him, I'm not going to blast you like the Bradford trolls on the other site. I'm just saying that I've seen enough to form an opinion. I feel like I know what he is and it isn't enough, IMO. I'm not sure he's progressed much at all since his rookie season. I keep seeing the same mistakes EVERY year.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
V3 said:
It's his fourth season. I've seen enough to know what Bradford is. He isn't a franchise QB. I'm sorry. I defended Bradford for years but I can't do it anymore. He has to have everything perfect in order to do anything and that's just not going to happen in the NFL. He misses easy throws, stares down his receivers and never uses the pump fake so he gets WAY too many balls batted down at the line, isn't very good at going through his progressions, doesn't see open guys too many times, etc., etc.

If you want to continue to believe in him, I'm not going to blast you like the Bradford trolls on the other site. I'm just saying that I've seen enough to form an opinion. I feel like I know what he is and it isn't enough, IMO. I'm not sure he's progress much at all since his rookie season. I keep seeing the same mistakes EVERY year.
I'm fine with that assessment - my issue is that by your definition of a franchise QB there are 22 other guys who don't fit that bill. 22 guys who aren't up to par - so what exactly makes a franchise QB?
He is far from perfect and yes he needs to improve. But to place the blame on him when we have the worst running game in the league doesn't make sense to me. When there is no threat of a run you can't pump fake, you don't get time to make the perfect throw, you face a four or five man front that can get it done against our line. That leaves everyone else in coverage - what is he supposed to do?
Now I'm from the new school as far as the run game is concerned. i'd be fine without it and there are plenty of teams that excel offensively with little to no run game at all. If we want to be one of those teams I'm all for it but it will not happen with a head coach who wants to commit to the run and shy away from the no huddle. It simply gives the defense too much of an advantage.
Thats why Sam is the QB he is today IMO - nothin to do with skill, the scheme is killin us. JMHO of course.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Ky Ram said:
V3 said:
jrry32 said:

I wouldn't say Sam is THE problem. I would say we have issues with performance and execution at MULTIPLE positions on this team, including at QB.

iced

rams24/7 said:

@ 49ers (See Seattle)

Bolded games are ones I can see us winning

Titans - Fitzpatrick at QB on the road in our house with no running game working for them, defense still needs work besides verner

Cards - they are not a better team than us, and they just made it an even easier day for robert quinn.

Bucs - well I live in the Tampa area so i've heard a lot of this circus lol

Italized games are toss ups but not out of reach

Panthers - Good front 7, injury riddled in secondary, offense has spurts and the fans hate their OC. Run,run,pass , the Mike shula offense.

Vs Seahawks - yea Seattle looks like a good team, but they're only dominant at home. They're extremely beatable on the road. Carolina almost beat them week 1, held them to 12-7. Seattle is a bad road team...If Schaub isn't such an idiot with his pick 6's (one pick 6 three weeks in a row), Seattle loses the game and the hype dies down.

Saints - they're also not the same team on the road that they are at home...we'll find out more about them this weekend, but I do view this as a potential loss..

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
V3 said:
jrry32 said:

I doubt that.