JT/Wagoner Tweets: Bradford's Presser

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Bradford deserves to be a top 3 QB in the league. I would feel the same way as he did about retirement. He's one of my favorite players ever just because of his work ethic and pure honesty. I don't think there's a single true fan out there that doesn't want Bradford to be part of a championship run. It wouldn't feel right without him.

Can we try not to use the term "true fan" when talking about Bradford and the Rams?

It seems unnecessarily devisive (at least to me, but maybe I'm just too sensitive).

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I want to see Sam succeed here. He's such a likeable guy.

But we desperately need a legit plan B.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Can we try not to use the term "true fan" when talking about Bradford and the Rams?

It seems unnecessarily devisive (at least to me, but maybe I'm just too sensitive).
I'm sorry, there was no intention of offending. I'm just speaking on terms with trolls who think he's the worst QB ever.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I will tear my ACL every year if it means Sam Bradford can be healthy.

FRO

Legend
Good to hear Bradford will be back. If healthy he wins the starting gig. He just has to stay healthy. I wonder who they bring in.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Fisher called OC Brian Schottenheimer "an outstanding play caller."

GAAAAAHHH!!!!!

2ff.gif

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Good to hear Bradford will be back. If healthy he wins the starting gig. He just has to stay healthy. I wonder who they bring in.
Hypothetically, if they were to bring every QB in the league to challenge his job, who would beat him out?

Walter

Rookie
Yeah, it was reported that the rehab was grueling for him. He was the first one in and last one out all offseason, and all through camp. Then to see it all fall to crap because his freaking knee gave out again (through no fault of his own) and then contemplate having to go through that entire process again? That has to be a drag. Especially if he has no guarantees that it won't all end up the same for him again next year. That's gotta suck. On the other hand, though, he's getting paid handsomely for it so that has to soften the blow a little. But only a little, because everyone knows he's all about football and competition. He'd probably give it all back and play for much less if he could stay healthy.
Maybe not give it all back... I would trade a couple ACLs for $60 million. And I am emotionally involved in the Rams like a 12 year old girl at a One Direction concert. They are still popular right?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I want to see Sam succeed here. He's such a likeable guy.

But we desperately need a legit plan B.
We're on the same page GGI....but I'm going to nitpick here and say we desperately need a plan 1a and 1b. Listening to Fisher's exit comments, he feels the same. Hill and Davis won't be who this team turns to in the event Sam doesn't work out again.

Listening to his comments i think they're going to go after someone via trade. Maybe Cutler, maybe a current young backup somewhere. I don't see Fisher using a high draft pick on a QB as plan 1b.
Just a gut feeling.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Maybe not give it all back... I would trade a couple ACLs for $60 million. And I am emotionally involved in the Rams like a 12 year old girl at a One Direction concert. They are still popular right?
I mean, give it all back and play for less. Like if he was drafted in 2012 and stayed healthy, or get drafted in 2010 and have his ACL rip twice.
He'd probably choose the first option.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
i think they're going to go after someone via trade. Maybe Cutler, maybe a current young backup somewhere. I don't see Fisher using a high draft pick on a QB as plan 1b.
Just a gut feeling.

I am sort of with you on that.

The only exception might be if they fall in love with Winston or Mariota. I can't see our plan 1b being a highly developmental rookie.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Certainly not at $10.5M.
Meh, I think it would be worth looking into. Anything to solidify the line. If he doesn't pan out we can always cut him, but this line needs to be fixed no matter the cost. Long on the inside is an intriguing possibility.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I am sort of with you on that.

The only exception might be if they fall in love with Winston or Mariota. I can't see our plan 1b being a highly developmental rookie.
True, and knowing Snead he would definitely enjoy the sound of that splash.

FRO

Legend
Hypothetically, if they were to bring every QB in the league to challenge his job, who would beat him out?
If Bradford plays the way he can there aren't many. I don't know how he will be mentally after the surgeries. There isn't a QB on the market that is better.

I watched Fisher's presser and it seemed like the competition would be from a vet. Fisher has to win in 2015 or he is done. I don't think a rookie in this draft would be ready to win next year.

FRO

Legend
I see people talking about Cutler. I doubt the Bears get rid of Cutler unless they get an offer they can't refuse. If the Bears move from Cutler who will be their QB in 2015. They aren't in Winston/Mariota range.

I think we are looking at Sanchez in free agency or Cousins via trade. I don't think we really are going to get that big name some people are clamoring for.