Jt Chat Highlights: Doesn't See Rams Using High Pick On A Slb

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Rams trade:
Chris Long
#13 pick

to Atlanta for
#6 pick

Rams pick at #2 and #6

Atlanta gets Long and picks at #13
Some creative thinking there Mojo. I guess I haven't had enough coffee! And, while I understand the dynamics of C. Longs age/salary I just plain like the guy and would not be really excited about seeing him somewhere else. He doesn't have Clowney's athleticism but he's still a pretty darn good DE and a great teammate.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Rams trade:
Chris Long
#13 pick

to Atlanta for
#6 pick

Rams pick at #2 and #6

Atlanta gets Long and picks at #13
Ok got it and mojo, you know something about pain, 1 bottle of wine , 2 48 ounces of malt, and 2 double of Titos vodka and diet lemon lime. Not playing stupid, but you guys spelled it out. I don't see that happening, in fact, the Falcons already screwed themselves in giving up their whole draft for JJ, like Wash for RGMeE

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Like the out of the box thinking! Don't think Atlanta will take Long's salary. Think they'll trade for 2 if Clowney's available! Rams get their 15 # 1 as part of the trade.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Like the out of the box thinking! Don't think Atlanta will take Long's salary. Think they'll trade for 2 if Clowney's available! Rams get their 15 # 1 as part of the trade.
Yeah idk what their cap situation is. Not sure they could afford Long. They wouldn't be paying a top pick(#6) salary in this scenario,however...and T.Gonzales is gone. Not sure what his cap number was.

tonyl711

Starter
don't see why they would take what has been for the last 2 years one of the top Dlines in the NFL, and get rid of one of them in the hopes that a rookie will be better. not saying Clowney wont be better than Long, but you know what you have in Long. IMO if they take Clowney they keep Long too.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I applaud the creativity.

But it feels like the proposed Long trade is the equivalent of giving up a huge talent for a few draft spots. I don't like it. Atlanta would jump on it.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
That would essentially be us giving up a former #2 (borderline pro-bowler in my eyes) and a current #13 to move up 7 spots in this years first round. Seems a bit steep to me, but interesting thought none the less.