Josh Gordon

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would give up a 5th rounder for him. He has one year left on his deal for a little over $1mil. The Rams 5th round picks have a history of not working out anyway. Very low risk for a potentially high reward.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
If a team can get a Brandon Marshall for virtually nothing, we can throw a five or six and get this guy. I say, why not?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I figure the Rams need at least two more weapons on offense(WR/TE), and the general consensus is that we need to spend a high draft pick on a QB. Not a great class of WR's this year and we don't need to be drafting more #2 WR's in the early/middle rds in my opinion.

FA is going to be tricky trying to secure our own FA's on defense. If the Rams take one gamble/flyer on a guy this offseason Josh Gordon makes all kinds of sense to me if the opportunity presents itself.

My plan B in FA is Anquan Boldin.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This all makes sense. The Rams will need to use most of their available cap money on keeping their defense together. They can use most of their draft on the offense. If, this is the year they decide to go QB, they will most likely have to use more than just their first to get what they want. A shiny new QB would add a lot of excitement moving into their new home and probably help out in search of a new OC.

VilleDeal

UDFA
no way! he will only get your hopes up day one, just to let you down at some point shortly thereafter.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
If we could get him on the cheap? Hell yes. Absolutely bring him in and if he acts like a donkey again cut him. Unfortunately reality dictates that he will have suitors and so will not likely be able to be got cheap. That means he becomes a liability. I'd never trust this guy with a contract that he knows would hurt the team if he was cut - it's like a licence for him to be stupid. So probably no I wouldn't want him - unless he was on the street and no one else wanted to give him a shot. I'd be throwing money at Alshon Jeffrey instead and drafting one either round one if our QBOTF is not available, or round two early.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't know. He's not just trouble off the field. Got suspended for most of the season and finally got in then was criticized for not knowing the playbook(was running the wrong routes), being out of shape, and giving crappy effort. Then he gets suspended after having numerous issues with being late or missing meetings/practices.

I have a hard time taking a risk on a guy that gives that sort of crappy effort on the field.

Regarding the playbooks thing, was he allowed to even get the new playbooks while suspended?

Also, Fisher kept Jenkins on lockdown pretty well. For a cap friendly deal I say take him, but don't put all your eggs in his basket. I'd still draft one to play across from him. Nothing wrong with two outstanding receivers.

fearsomefour

Legend
I don't know. He's not just trouble off the field. Got suspended for most of the season and finally got in then was criticized for not knowing the playbook(was running the wrong routes), being out of shape, and giving crappy effort. Then he gets suspended after having numerous issues with being late or missing meetings/practices.

I have a hard time taking a risk on a guy that gives that sort of crappy effort on the field.
Depends what his mental state is. Has he gotten any help for himself or has just been hanging out smoking weed?
If he has progressed then give him some money up front and load the contract with performance bonuses and behavior stipulations.
Gordon in LA.........what could possibly go wrong?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I can't see his asking price being all that high being one more serious infraction may have him banned from the league for multiple years. I'd offer our 6'th this coming season or a conditional 4'th or 5'th the following year. Trading for Gordon and taking the best available free agent WR would just about settle that unit. I'm in.
jmo.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
After applying to be reinstated he'll most likely be approved and welcomed back to the Browns. Hue Jackson won't let him go at all. Boldin won't leave the Niners for our Rams. Time to wake up from these dreams.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I dont think he has that much left in the tank.
It's possible, but many felt that way 2 or 3 years ago and he keeps making plays. Same with Fitzgerald.

Also he usually gets shut down by peterson and Sherman.
Most WR's do. Also he hasn't had alot of help on the other side since Fitz in Arizona.

I'd love to be able to draft Treadwell or Boyd, but as i posted before, the Rams may have to sellout those picks to draft a QB.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo

Why go to a division rival with no set qb or chance at playoffs in place. Hell, where were we when the 6th round pick was offered. Brother to brother gift head coach. Boldin is past his prime now. No he's not done but jeez, really. I'm crazy but give me Britt over Boldin. And Gordon will never make it to our Rams.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
The Rams offense is so far from being competitive there is no way you cannot not try and get him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Just a head's up guys, this post was made over a year ago.

Ultimately, I don't think we'll have a chance at him. Browns will hold onto him and see if he can get his shit together. Because he's a great fit for Hue Jackson's scheme and still a very talented guy.

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79
No. It would cost too much, the Rams have the receivers they need now, and they have a critical problem at the OL that needs all the resources they can muster to fix it.
How come you say that? Seems like we have some good young talent on our O line that actually played really well towards the end of the season, especially considering their experience level. I'm actually fairly confident in our O line going forward. Brown, Wichmann, Havenstein--playing as rookies is not easy. Am I crazy?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
We are the Rams. ;)

Look, Britt worked out and his(Gordon's) talent is worth the risk for sure. I just worry that eventually, we're going to swing and miss on one of these chances.

I can totally understand why other people want him and won't be upset if we go after him. But players that don't give a crap really concern me.(and it bothers me)

Awhile back someone was beating up on the Browns in a thread and I couldn't help myself I had to point out that he was a Rams fan.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

No.

Because i own him in both my dynasty leagues and i don't want him stuck playing Fisher ball.

Disclaimer - i only say this because the browns will not let him go. If he came to the Rams I'd be doing backflips like those guys do down beale st in Memphis.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I would give up a 5th rounder for him. He has one year left on his deal for a little over $1mil. The Rams 5th round picks have a history of not working out anyway. Very low risk for a potentially high reward.

Well, … except that we don't have a 5'th round pick, I'd agree. Our 5'th went in the supplemental draft for OT Battle.