Josh Gordon faces season-long suspension

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Dumb as a sack of hammers!
---------------------------------
Josh Gordon ticketed for speeding
Posted by Mike Florio on May 30, 2014

speedracer.jpg

As the appeal of Josh Gordon’s reported suspension moves along slowly, Gordon himself was recently moving very quickly.

Allegedly.

According to Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, police ticketed Gordon for speeding over Memorial Day weekend. A passenger in the vehicle was cited for marijuana possession after the officer detected the odor of it in the vehicle.

Gordon allegedly was driving his Mercedes Benz SUV 74 miles per hour in a 60-mph zone on Sunday, May 25.

The third-year wideout faces a one-year suspension under the league’s substance-abuse policy. His appeal is pending and, in theory, a decision could come at any time.

Regardless of whether he beats the current suspension, Gordon must submit to up to 10 drug tests per month. If Gordon is around marijuana smoke, he could end up testing positive even if he didn’t actually smoke it.

If, as Cabot recently told PFT Live, Gordon is in Stage 3 of the substance-abuse program, any positive result would result in a minimum suspension of one-year.
74 in a 60 is considered the slow lane on I-95.

SierraRam

Recreational User
"If Gordon is around marijuana smoke, he could end up testing positive even if he didn’t actually smoke it."

It's all who ya roll with:

images

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Stupid is as stupid does....

Sometimes. :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• IMG_12385085483336.jpg
    IMG_12385085483336.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 180

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

True. I drove 3 hours round-trip tonight on Highway 68/70 in Maryland and it's more like 90 in a 65 speed limit zone. But if I'm in Gordon's shoes I'm hiring a driver and he won't be speeding or smoking a doobie that's for sure. This guy is just asking to have his career over and done with.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yeah, >10 over you are putting yourself at risk for a cop's ticket... but I'd hardly consider 74 in a 60 reckless.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I know, I was thinking the same thing. I definitely go more than 14mph above the speed limit in I-95 when I go to work and back home each day. Considering that invariably there are several cars going faster than me, I would be shocked if I got ticketed for going 74 in a 60 on I-95