Jenkins takes blame, says 'It won't happen again' --PD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I don't like him. Especially when he throws a jab at the offense while he is trying to man up and take the blame. Jenkins is a risk taker and it has cost the Rams on many occasions. He needs to grow up and play the system with discipline and be part of the team. His freelancing is getting very old for me.
I don't think he was referring to our offense, but the 49'ers offense.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
People seem to forget how good Lloyd really is . He is an excellent route runner and the busted coverage in Dallas was never Jenkins fault. One bad game from Jenkins and he needs to be replaced by a rookie. WOW

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At least he's taking responsibility would love to think it won't happen again but it's happened too many times to think it won't.
This year is completely different. He wouldn't have taken the loss so badly last year. He seems more focused and more committed to learning the position and being the best. You have to give credit to the other player too.

This year is completely different. He wouldn't have taken the loss so badly last year. He seems more focused and more committed to learning the position and being the best. You have to give credit to the other player too.

He's not learnt much about his position because that's the exact same crap that has happened multiple times throughout his career.

I'll give him credit that 3 years in he cares enough to accept the blame for unacceptable play.

fearsomefour

Legend
It will happen again because this is his nature as a player. It probably will not happen again in that situation because he is not a fool.
I like JJ and think he brings a lot to the table. When Tru gets back the CB may be a real strength of the team.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jenkins is a risk taker and it has cost the Rams on many occasions. He needs to grow up and play the system with discipline and be part of the team. His freelancing is getting very old for me.

Not sure if my memory serves me correctly, but he has made plenty of good plays also...He's had what?? 4 pick 6's, that last 3 years and this third year isn't even over yet. I'd much rather have him play for us than the other team.

WoodsideRam

Rookie
First of all, Jenkins seems like a good guy. And his gaffe didn't cost the Rams the game. Did it contribute to the loss? Absolutely. I guess what's frustrating as a fan is...this is year three for this guy. He's a vet. He's been biting on double moves since he's been in the league. So you know he's going to see a lot more. That's just football. Find a guy's weakness, and exploit it.

And this is where Fisher loses me. It seems like there is no sense of urgency by the players to not f#@k up. Look, I understand Fish is a laid back cool dude and he's very patient with player development. But it's not the time for patience anymore. Of course players don't make mistakes on purpose, Jeff. But this isn't preseason man. Jenks isn't a rookie. You don't have time to get it right. Your team is 1-4 and you have veterans freelancing out there at critical points in the game? Your season is hanging in the balance. How about some accountability? And not the kind where a guy steps up and says "that's on me."

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Not sure if my memory serves me correctly, but he has made plenty of good plays also...He's had what?? 4 pick 6's, that last 3 years and this third year isn't even over yet. I'd much rather have him play for us than the other team.

He needs to be disciplined and play within the system. What if that mistake was in the Super Bowl?

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I don't like him. Especially when he throws a jab at the offense while he is trying to man up and take the blame. Jenkins is a risk taker and it has cost the Rams on many occasions. He needs to grow up and play the system with discipline and be part of the team. His freelancing is getting very old for me.
I didn't see that at all. His comment about having "2 more quarters left", to me, said he could not dwell on this mistake because he had to continue to play the game. I heard him man up and take full responsibility. He made a mistake but all CBs get beat. I think he is a huge asset to this team and I love him as a player. His love of the game is obvious to me.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't think he was referring to our offense, but the 49'ers offense.

I think the reference was toward the Rams offense. Why say there were two more quarters and we all get paid? Is he suggesting the 49ers needed to make more plays in the second half?

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I think the reference was toward the Rams offense. Why say there were two more quarters and we all get paid? Is he suggesting the 49ers needed to make more plays in the second half?

I think he meant there WR's get paid just like they do and there's 2 more quarters for the D to make plays. But I could be wrong.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I like JJ, it's good to see him take responsibility for his play. Hopefully it's more than just words. I don't agree at all with those who say the Rams should bench him in favor of Gaines. It might teach him a lesson, but it would hurt the team. I like Gaines, he is going to be a great corner for us, but he is still a rookie. JJ bit on a double move, Gaines was torched twice on a double move by Crabtree, luckily the first one was incomplete. When Tru gets back, the corners are going to be a strength for the D. Maybe slide Joyner to FS?

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He needs to be disciplined and play within the system. What if that mistake was in the Super Bowl?

Hidden optimism in your message? hehheeh.. but yeah, lets worry about the Super Bowl when we get there in Feb.

BD-TomCat

Rookie
Jenkins wasn't burned by Bryant. That as we all know, was on McCleod.

Yes. McCloud also jump a short route on that play. He should have been deeper in that situation. McCloud is the one that needs to be replaced. Hopefully MoAx is almost ready.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's not learnt much about his position because that's the exact same crap that has happened multiple times throughout his career.

I'll give him credit that 3 years in he cares enough to accept the blame for unacceptable play.
This is the first time he truly got beat for a touchdown all year.tou can't tell me you haven't seen any improvements in his game. His tackling ability has improved he doesn't commit costly penalties so yes I think he means it when he says it won't happen again.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
GW's defensive calls require discipline, good comms and execution. And while yes you could say all defenses do, they're not just sitting back keeping the plays in front of them in the secondary. GW allows them to adjust and aggressively attacks the offense.

This defense will not get where it needs to be until these guys start playing what is called. JLau summed that up perfectly, IMO. Jenks represents a serious problem in that respect.
You touched on something about Williams' and his defense. He allows and encourages guys to "read" formations and anticipate, must like WRs and QBs get their presnap reads and make adjustments. EJ Gaines is the best on the team at doing this. Joyner not too far behind him. It's the same concept they utilize in Seattle, but they are playing primarily zone coverage. It's what allows Sherman to make so many plays. He comes off his coverage and reacts to something he reads, and makes a play on the ball. The difference there, is they have the Safeties reading the same things, and know they have help over the top.

When the Rams have given up the big plays, be it to Dallas, and now SF, in both cases our safeties jumped shorter underneath routes exposing the CB's who expected over the top help. You cannot tell me, that if they truly were in a Cover 3 coverage, that your FS is supposed 20 yards away from the play, and your MLB is the deepest help for the CB.

I am not absolving Jenkins for biting on the double move, but having his eyes on the QB is the proper technique in ZONE Coverage. Especially if you expect deep safety help.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Yes. McCloud also jump a short route on that play. He should have been deeper in that situation. McCloud is the one that needs to be replaced. Hopefully MoAx is almost ready.
Alexander is not the guy who will replace McLeod. He is TJ McDonald 2.0 a box safety who will support the run defense. If you are looking to replace McLeod, it will be C. Davis.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
People seem to forget how good Lloyd really is . He is an excellent route runner and the busted coverage in Dallas was never Jenkins fault. One bad game from Jenkins and he needs to be replaced by a rookie. WOW

Actually it was really just a couple of bad plays, he has been playing well this year and is doing better than last year.