Jeff Fisher: “We will bounce back”

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
He says this or something similar every week after a loss. In your opinion, what do you think the words "bounce back" mean to Jeff Fisher? This is what I've been saying for 5 weeks now. I don't like his "we'll fix that and move on" attitude. (when nothing gets fixed)

http://www.rams-news.com/jeff-fisher-we-will-bounce-back-video/

:(

Last edited:

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
And dang. I didn't realize he's getting $35 Million for his 5 years of coaching the Rams! Man!

jjab360

Legend
He says this or something similar every week after a loss. In your opinion, what do you think the words "bounce back" mean to Jeff Fisher? This is what I've been saying for 5 weeks now. I don't like his "we'll fix that and move on" attitude. (when nothing gets fixed)

No offense, but it seems like Rams fans always get so upset when coaches give the typical "we'll fix that and move on" answer. Realistically, what do you guys expect them to say? "We suck, I give up, it's over?"

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
what do you guys expect them to say? "We suck, I give up, it's over?"
No offense taken, and none meant in return.
I would expect Fisher to at least be real with us. Something like,

"We have not played well these first 5 games. We will keep trying. We've got to make better decisions. The O-line needs to block better. We're gonna do our best to win, and we're not going to be an undisciplined team anymore. Our defense has only one sack in 5 games so it's our job to figure out why that is, and get on a role. I'd ask the fans to please hang in there with us as we are determined to improve and start winning."

The above would be a WHOLE lot better than,

"We played really tough out there tonight. There were some good things to take into next week. We'll bounce back. We'll be ready this next week."

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Fisher is the best HC we've had since Vermiel, IMO, while that might not be saying a whole lot, I still don't think he is the problem.

He is far from perfect, but if we're going to be the youngest team and go through the turn over we have since he arrived, I think he is one of the best guys to have.

I also don't know what you want him to say.
Its called "Coach-speak" for a reason...

Speeps

Starter
This is Fisher's style. I don't have a problem with it.

However, I would appreciate a hard nosed response and stance, Fisher's not that kind of coach. He's as steady as they come. Problem is, when you lose, it's frustrating.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I wish that he would go back to coaching the way that he did when he first got here instead of his current coaching not to lose.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
If he was straight up the media would have a field day with him. We would hear the most coverage of the Rams since Sam lol.

I get you though, its frustrating hearing the same stuff over and over while we continue to lose.

the zohan

Rookie
Name
Macker
He is starting to sound like Spags.. I feel sorry for the players, they played hard yada yada yada yibit yibit yibit

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'd rather he didn't get up there and make an ass out of himself trying to get specific about what they are going to do. Is it really necessary? Does any one of us think he doesn't see what we saw? He is going to give generalities and one of them is that we'll bounce back. The last thing I want is one of our coaches going all Dennis Green on us.

And who the hell cares what he is getting paid? That is what coaches make these days and it doesn't affect the team in any way. Never mind the fact that Stephen Ross apparently offered him more to coach Miami.

Fish discusses what he sees and what happened in general terms. And in many cases, he says a heck of a lot more than some other coaches out there. Honestly, I am not sure what anyone really expects him to say and it seems this is just another way to bitch about the man. And though you think what you suggested he say as being a better alternative, I really don't see much of a difference from what he DOES say and don't think anyone would walk away from that presser thinking, "NOW Fisher gets it."

Sorry but this team has to stop shooting itself in the foot with dumbass plays/penalties and missed assignments. Nothing Fish says at a presser will change any of that.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Did he happen to mention which year the "comeback" is planned for?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'd rather listen to Fisher spew coach blather, instead of guys named Linehan, Spagnolo, Or Haslett.

Considering the mess the team was in, Fisher was the best available candidate for the job. A few of the new hires in the league are doing well, like the coaches for the Colts, Browns and Cardinals, but nobody knew at the time we hired Fisher that they were any good and there is no way to tell what they would have been able to do with the hot mess that this team was three years ago.

So I am okay with coach speak from Fisher for now.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I do think that the biggest difference between Fisher and prior coaches is that the team genuinely would give their all and more for him. I don't think that this is a "Shoot, we'll fix that" type of situation.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I prefer listening to that a thousand times instead of, "I'll have to check with Reggie".

Coach Speak doesn't bother me.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor

bounce back is latin for "here's hopin for an 8-8 season!" the latest bomb i put on the coaching staff. obviously the 49ers made adjustments during the game and at halftime that the rams coaching staff seem incapable of. 3 years ago i was excited about the new regime. now, not so much. however, the rams should have a good selection of possible qb's to draft from in april , so its not all gloom and doom..