Jared Cook is Proof

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Cook just had his WORST year ever.

So what is he an example of?????????????????????????

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get it, you think he missed some catches. Happens to them all. Ask OBJ. Yet there he was when it counted.

cwclp.gif

Not think, I and everybody but you know that he dropped passes from having watched the game. Have a great night Ramsbro. I'm done with this topic of a former Rams player.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He's only played a few games w Rodgers
Twelve.

2 or 3 good games, 9 or 10 that were just average. He's like that with every team he's played on. Can't really convince me otherwise, but that's okay. You like him, think he's a hero, and that's all we need to know, right?

FRO

Legend
I'm not trying to take anything away from him. It was a great catch.
I just reject the notion that a better system and QB have made him a better player.
He's still the same guy. Had a better catch % with the Titans and Rams (barely).
He is being relied on less too and has less defensive attention.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Twelve.

2 or 3 good games, 9 or 10 that were just average. He's like that with every team he's played on. Can't really convince me otherwise, but that's okay. You like him, think he's a hero, and that's all we need to know, right?
not my hero. Green Bay's. He's has a QB for the first time ever. If you don't see the correlation, that's fine. I do.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
not my hero. Green Bay's. He's has a QB for the first time ever. If you don't see the correlation, that's fine. I do.
I don't. His production hasn't moved an inch yet.
Maybe next year or something, but yeah -- I don't see it.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Twelve.

Well, according you your own chart, he started 5 reg season games with Rodgers. 2 more productive playoff games.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well, according you your own chart, he started 5 reg season games with Rodgers. 2 more productive playoff games.
Started 5, played in 10. Plus 2.
That's 12. Guys do catch passes in games in which they don't start.
What was productive about the Giants game? 5 catches on 9 targets for 48 yards.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Started 5, played in 10. Plus 2.
That's 12. Guys do catch passes in games in which they don't start.
What was productive about the Giants game? 5 catches on 9 targets for 48 yards.
Fact is, he's been injured this year. Rodgers is getting more and more confident with him. We'll see what happens in Atlanta. He's best TE (stat wise) Rams have ever had. I'm not a Cook fan as a Ram and we were all left wanting more. However, the more is showing in his first season with a playoff team. I don't think it coincidental.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
These stats don't tell the whole story. How was the placement of the ball? Was it catchable? I still don't trust Jared Cook.

According to these stats, Brian Quick was the most reliable wide receiver on the Rams.

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2016/

Jared Cook: 30 catches/2 drops/3.9% drop percentage

Tavon Austin: 58 catches/7 drops/6.6% drop percentage

Brian Quick: 41 catches/1 drop/1.3% drop percentage

Lance Kendricks: 50 catches/6 drops/6.9 drop percentage

Kenny Britt: 68 catches/3 drops/2.7% drop percentage

Todd Gurley: 43 catches/ 2 drops/3.5% drop percentage

Tyler Higbee: 11 catches/2 drops/6.9% drop percentage

lockdnram21

Legend
He's only played a few games w Rodgers and he's been one of his favorite targets over the last couple. Gamewinner with Rams?? Not sure I recall one but maybe. Definitely stone hands though.
He should have had 1 I know and he dropped wide open pass... Remember when he got mad at Davis and Hayes had to put him in his place... He's still not that good

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Obfuscated by the pissing match over Cook is a fair point, we likely have some untapped potential on this offense due to the broken scheme, poor coaching, and bad QB play over the past few years. I hope to see it flourish in the future.

P.S. I'm glad Cook is gone. Brian Quick's lazy ass can follow him out the door.