Jags planning to take Manziel at 3?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I think right now Mathews would be better for us anyway. So let them rant on....I got my fill of potential during the Jason Smith project. I think Robinson is better than that.....but........
Yeah, I'd prefer Watkins myself, but if the Rams were convinced they needed a T/G with that 1st pick, I'd rather have Matthews than the boom or bust Robinson.

Still, the howling would be entertaining.

rdw

Pro Bowler
Yeah, I'd prefer Watkins myself, but if the Rams were convinced they needed a T/G with that 1st pick, I'd rather have Matthews than the boom or bust Robinson.

Still, the howling would be entertaining.

Is Robinson seen as boom or bust? I know his pass blocking is currently seen as non-existent but is there a chance his run blocking alone elevates him to a pro-bowl level guard?

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Is Robinson seen as boom or bust? I know his pass blocking is currently seen as non-existent but is there a chance his run blocking alone elevates him to a pro-bowl level guard?
I've seen others apply that term to him. And I don't buy that the lowest possible result with him is Pro Bowl/HoF level guard.

rdw

Pro Bowler
I've seen others apply that term to him. And I don't buy that the lowest possible result with him is Pro Bowl/HoF level guard.

Just the fact that he's consistently been mocked and rumored as a top 5 pick with little to no pass blocking skills must say a lot about his run blocking doesn't it? I'm not talent guru so take anything I say take with a big bag of salt...

iced

Oh man, Internet Rams fandom would have a meltdown if the Rams traded down, and the team they tred with took Robinson at #2.

i hope thats how it works out - let someone else draft him and make him their project.

Alan

Legend
rdw with this:
Has there ever been a guard drafted at #2?

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Has there ever been a guard drafted at #2?
Jonathan Ogden was drafted at #4 overall, started at guard and eventually moved to tackle. He's brought up as the patron saint of those pushing for a tackle pick, primarily those who want Robinson.