It's still too weird to think about, but...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Just gotta graze his shoe strings, that's his weakness. And if you just give him a 40 yard TD on the first play he'll be out for a month.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
mr.stlouis said:
Just gotta graze his shoe strings, that's his weakness. And if you just give him a 40 yard TD on the first play he'll be out for a month.

ouch

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If not the Rams this year, I hope the Falcons make a serious run.

I'm excited about our youth at RB, but SJ will always have my respect for the way he left it all on the field each week. In an era of few role models, he is one.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Very weird.

I think we have a slight advantage, because we practiced against him so long. Idk though. Gonna be their home opener, and you can bet SJ's gonna come to play that day.

We played them pretty tough in 2010. We'll see. Should be fun. Atlanta's gonna have a good squad though obviously.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
You know what's very weird? Not a single person in this thread is concerned about our ability to compete against Atlanta. Last year there would have been some of us worried about a blow-out.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ram Quixote said:
You know what's very weird? Not a single person in this thread is concerned about our ability to compete against Atlanta. Last year there would have been some of us worried about a blow-out.
Oh I'm worried alright. If they get our defense on its heels, it's going to be very difficult to beat them.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
X said:
Ram Quixote said:
Oh I'm worried alright. If they get our defense on its heels, it's going to be very difficult to beat them.
Ok, but no one even mentioned they were worried until you did. 4 pages in? That's weird.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
brokeu91 said:
Honestly the only way we can stop that offense is if the Rams D line can dominate their O-line (which is possible given that I think the Rams will have one of the best if not the best D line in the league next year). There are too many weapons on offense to be able to stop them all. If our D-line can dominate and we can hassle Matty Ice with just our front four and SJax doesn't have much running room then I think the D can do a good enough job to win.

Bingo. The most important matchup of that game will be Quinn against Baker.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
SJ39 may get his yards but he's not breaking anything over 20 against our D.

Just ain't a gonna happen.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
EastRam said:

Let's hope not. But ... our D-line has its work cut out for it.
Can't really stack the box against them and let Ryan try to beat you.

nighttrain

Legend
stopping SJ is JL job, and the animal will do it along with super swift Ogletree
train

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
X said:
EastRam said:

Let's hope not. But ... our D-line has its work cut out for it.
Can't really stack the box against them and let Ryan try to beat you.
Unless you are run blitzing a lot ,Ogletree could be a huge key in that game,homecoming ?????????????

Ryan won't put our defense on it's heals if he's on his azz and OUR d-ends and "Tree" bring serious speed rush ability .

IMO SJ's greatest value in that game is gonna be pass protection.
If we go in healthy it's gonna be a damned good game.

F. Mulder

Starter
No way do I focus on Jackson. He will rip off a few 4-6 yard runs and throw the ball down with emotion but come the short yardage plays he can and will be stopped. For me to beat Atl you need to take away the intermediate routes (easier said than done). This is a team that almost always gets positive yards, has manageable 3rd downs and has down and distances where they can take a shot if they want to. Ryan rarely takes sacks and is safe with the ball. The key to beating Atl is to get up on them by more than one td and see how they respond. I actually think they are poorly coached given the talent they have. They can keep teams in games who have no business being in said games, and they can give teams chances in the 4th quarter. For me that is all we can ask playing a top team. Be within a score in the 4th and see how it plays out.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
F. Mulder said:
No way do I focus on Jackson. He will rip off a few 4-6 yard runs and throw the ball down with emotion but come the short yardage plays he can and will be stopped. For me to beat Atl you need to take away the intermediate routes (easier said than done). This is a team that almost always gets positive yards, has manageable 3rd downs and has down and distances where they can take a shot if they want to. Ryan rarely takes sacks and is safe with the ball. The key to beating Atl is to get up on them by more than one td and see how they respond. I actually think they are poorly coached given the talent they have. They can keep teams in games who have no business being in said games, and they can give teams chances in the 4th quarter. For me that is all we can ask playing a top team. Be within a score in the 4th and see how it plays out.
Sounds about right to me, Agent Mulder.

I do think Jackson will be extra pumped up for that game though, so expect him to stomp around after a few of those 5-6 yard gains. I always dug that about him though. He had a flair for the dramatic, and he always looked like a badass out there. Gotta respect that.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Depends. You want to stop Jackson, get penetration. His lack of burst at this point in his career makes him very vulnerable to being stopped at the LOS and in the back-field. He's dangerous when he picks up a head of steam but if you can stuff the LOS, Jackson will have major issues.

But their passing game will certainly make that difficult. Should be a fun game.