It's still too weird to think about, but...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Our defense is gonna have to gear up to stop Steven Jackson this year. I wonder if Rams fans who thought he was expendable (and I'm not debating that), are confident that our defense can contain him, and Matty Ice, and Roddy White, and Julio Jones, and Tony Gonzalez.

That's gonna be one helluva test for this D. :shock:

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
X said:
Our defense is gonna have to gear up to stop Steven Jackson this year. I wonder if Rams fans who thought he was expendable (and I'm not debating that), are confident that our defense can contain him, and Matty Ice, and Roddy White, and Julio Jones, and Tony Gonzalez.

That's gonna be one helluva test for this D. :shock:

That whole offense is juggernaut. With the addition of SJ, they have the best offense on paper. And I dont think it's close. SJ will have that extra bit of motivation for our game too.

:nono: :nono: :nono:

Holding that offense to fewer than 30 might be considered a success. Im not looking forward to it. I know I wont be able to stand the sight of SJ in another uniform either.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Well the Falcons better score at least 30 if they want to win because Bradford is gonna light up their defense.

:bg: :bg: :bg: :bg:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
max said:
Well the Falcons better score at least 30 if they want to win because Bradford is gonna light up their defense.

:bg: :bg: :bg: :bg:
AND THAT MY FRIENDS is HOW to defense SJ39 score so much they have to throw.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Honestly the only way we can stop that offense is if the Rams D line can dominate their O-line (which is possible given that I think the Rams will have one of the best if not the best D line in the league next year). There are too many weapons on offense to be able to stop them all. If our D-line can dominate and we can hassle Matty Ice with just our front four and SJax doesn't have much running room then I think the D can do a good enough job to win.

PhxRam

Taking his past into consideration, the odds are fairly good that he will be banged up by that game.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I am sure the 2013 Ram defense knows the secret to stopping SJ. Make him do the hop & hop dance by that time the rest of the defense arrives!

I am sure that Ryan will get SJ outside on some screens where SJ will make many of a big play....Rams failed to do this wasted opportunities in this area for many yrs here.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
brokeu91 said:
Honestly the only way we can stop that offense is if the Rams D line can dominate their O-line (which is possible given that I think the Rams will have one of the best if not the best D line in the league next year). There are too many weapons on offense to be able to stop them all. If our D-line can dominate and we can hassle Matty Ice with just our front four and SJax doesn't have much running room then I think the D can do a good enough job to win.
Yeah, that's key. Gotta get to Matty. Do that and everything else falls apart.

I wonder who's gonna be the first guy to try and light Jackson up?

A55VA6

Legend
It will definitely be weird watching Rams uniforms take down Steven Jackson. I'm hoping we can stop him... but that whole game will just be weird.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
X said:
brokeu91 said:
Yeah, that's key. Gotta get to Matty. Do that and everything else falls apart.

I wonder who's gonna be the first guy to try and light Jackson up?
I think it will be Ogletree. He wasn't here last year and doesn't have the respect for SJax that the rest of our team has. Others might be a bit hesitant to hit him hard at first out of respect, but once Tree lays the wood, I don't think anyone else will think twice.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Its going to be weird, for sure.

Our DLine is good. With Brockers clogging up the middle, getting Jackson to the outside plays into our hands. Quinn and Long pressure Matt.

On the outside, we've got two of the games best; Finnegan and Jenkins to slow down Jones and White.

Should be a good game with our new offense!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
brokeu91 said:

We've got some guys who can cover too, so ATL won't be lighting up the Rams IMO.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
LesBaker said:
brokeu91 said:

We've got some guys who can cover too, so ATL won't be lighting up the Rams IMO.
I wasn't trying to disparage our cover guys. But, Julio Jones, Roddy White, and Tony Gonzalez are pretty damn good. I think we can put Finn on White and Jenkins on Jones and they would be good match-ups. However, I also believe that the Falcons WR are too good to be able to shut out. Furthermore our safeties will be good at stopping the run and tackling, but I'm not sure how well they will cover. A more negative person may say that our safeties are a coverage hole until proven otherwise (I on the other hand will give Snead, Fisher, and Cecil more credit and if they say that McDonald can be a FS then so be it). The Falcons can exploit our safeties with Gonzalez and let's face it, I'm not sure the Rams have ever been very good and stopping a good TE since they moved to St. Louis.

The one thing people are missing is our offense. I think our line will be better so we can hold onto the ball for longer/take more plays if we so choose. Also the Falcons secondary is suspect and though our WR are still a bit raw, they very well might be able to exploit their secondary. I also think Cook will be a huge problem for a team that doesn't have that great of coverage linebackers. Yes they signed Osi, but I'm also not too sure their D-Line will be that great or that much of a threat.

Lesson

Oh, really?
They're going to have to stop Bradford, Stacy/Pead/Richardson, Cook, Kendricks, Austin, Bailey, Givens, Quick, Pettis.

The Rams are loaded and ready to go.

bluecoconuts

Legend
PhxRam said:
Taking his past into consideration, the odds are fairly good that he will be banged up by that game.

Maybe, but with all the other weapons, he could be used less, keeping the damage down longer.

RamShack

UDFA
Dude the Falcons are legit, it's going to be a good early test for our young D. If we get some pressures on Matty Ice, I think we will be fine.

Lesson

Oh, really?
bluecoconuts said:
PhxRam said:

Maybe, but with all the other weapons, he could be used less, keeping the damage down longer.

If they don't have a running game, they are screwed. Their 2nd RB is Snelling, but a combo of him and Rogers doesn't seem appealing at all.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
brokeu91 said:
LesBaker said:
brokeu91 said:

I wasn't trying to disparage our cover guys. But, Julio Jones, Roddy White, and Tony Gonzalez are pretty damn good. I think we can put Finn on White and Jenkins on Jones and they would be good match-ups. However, I also believe that the Falcons WR are too good to be able to shut out. Furthermore our safeties will be good at stopping the run and tackling, but I'm not sure how well they will cover. A more negative person may say that our safeties are a coverage hole until proven otherwise (I on the other hand will give Snead, Fisher, and Cecil more credit and if they say that McDonald can be a FS then so be it). The Falcons can exploit our safeties with Gonzalez and let's face it, I'm not sure the Rams have ever been very good and stopping a good TE since they moved to St. Louis.

The one thing people are missing is our offense. I think our line will be better so we can hold onto the ball for longer/take more plays if we so choose. Also the Falcons secondary is suspect and though our WR are still a bit raw, they very well might be able to exploit their secondary. I also think Cook will be a huge problem for a team that doesn't have that great of coverage linebackers. Yes they signed Osi, but I'm also not too sure their D-Line will be that great or that much of a threat.

No worries I didn't think you were disparaging them at all.

TJohnson will be in the mix next year big time methinks. It'll be difficult to pass on this defense next year.

I don't think the Rams will totally shut them down, in fact I'm not even saying that I think they beat the Falcons. I'm saying they are not going to light this defense up if they take the next step we all think they will. With the DL and secondary I think points will be at a premium against the Rams. You better have a good kicker on your roster!

:bign:

jap

Legend
If the Rams can get up by two or more TD's over the original Dirty Birds, that should take the rock out of SJ's hands and put the onus for victory on Matt Ryan. I believe Matt is much better playing with a lead than he is from behind.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
We needed to grow AND be a sustainable team, and SJ was not willing to cosign, otherwise he'd still be here.