It's official. DRich is the starter...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
From JT
No surprise, but it's now official. Jeff Fisher names Daryl Richardson the opening day starter at running back for the Rams.

Fisher naming him now just clarifies what everyone expected. DRich is not competing against anyone for the RB1 job anymore.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
No surprise here.

He looks the part.

D Rich is an explosive runner and receiver out of the backfield. He's separated himself from the others.

PS: If anything, it's another shot across the bow to Pead.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
CGI_Ram said:
No surprise here.

He looks the part.

D Rich is an explosive runner and receiver out of the backfield. He's separated himself from the others.

Too bad for my fantasy draft, now I won't be able to steal DRich late.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
max said:
CGI_Ram said:
No surprise here.

He looks the part.

Too bad for my fantasy draft, now I won't be able to steal DRich late.

:lmao:

But, he's not the bell cow in STL. So, I think he's available later than most. The whole RB situation in STL is worth avoiding, IMO.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I remember 2 months ago, being eatin alive for saying Pead was nothing special and to think that d.Rich had this job on lock

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
You know that's earth shattering news considering Pead is suspended game one.

I agree that DRich is the starter.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
DR RAM said:

I thought of that, but I got the impression that Fisher means DRich is the Rams starting RB even after week one. This way he can rest DRich and focus on the other guys. They all know they are backups now. And DRich knows he's the man. And it's well deserved in comparison to the others.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
max said:
DR RAM said:

I thought of that, but I got the impression that Fisher means DRich is the Rams starting RB even after week one. This way he can rest DRich and focus on the other guys. They all know they are backups now. And DRich knows he's the man. And it's well deserved in comparison to the others.
It is probably what he meant. But Fisher has a sick sense of humor too.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Drich looks like the #1rb, by a fair margin. Fisher didn't really have to say anything.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Obviously (taking a phase Sam likes to use just a little too often),,, D Rich is starting game 1.

That said, he doesn't get enough credit for what he IS. Everybody is so concerned about Pead's progress that they fail to see what D Rich brings to the table.

Memphis Ram

Legend
kurtfaulk said:

Drich looks like the #1rb, by a fair margin. Fisher didn't really have to say anything.

Yep. That seemed obvious immediately after the draft, IMO.

A55VA6

Legend
Good. I like Daryl alot and he is FAR ahead of the other RB's. He's got potential to be a great, explosive runner as we saw some of last year.

I think some people write off D-Rich because he was a 7th round pick. :neh:

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
A55VA6 said:
Good. I like Daryl alot and he is FAR ahead of the other RB's. He's got potential to be a great, explosive runner as we saw some of last year.

I think some people write off D-Rich because he was a 7th round pick. :neh:

My only complaint about him is he is fast but he can't outrun the secondary and he doesn't make anybody miss.

I think he will be good, productive, but never great

I hope he proves me wrong.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I'm not quite sure why this quote is making such a HEADLINE, or is it just me? Doesn't sound like a resounding endorsement to me!!!!!

Jeff Fisher:
(On if the starting running back job is more clear defined at this point in the preseason)
“Basically from a starting standpoint, yeah, I think Daryl would probably take the first snap against Arizona. But, as far as who’s going to come in, that remains to be seen. We still have some more evaluating to do.”

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
CoachO not liking the lukewarm endorsement:
Jeff Fisher:
(On if the starting running back job is more clear defined at this point in the preseason)
“Basically from a starting standpoint, yeah, I think Daryl would probably take the first snap against Arizona. But, as far as who’s going to come in, that remains to be seen. We still have some more evaluating to do.”

True but then again he's treating him like the starter in terms of game reps and DR hasn't done anything to lose that designation. In fact, he's done a lot to cement it IMO.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
albefree69 said:
CoachO not liking the lukewarm endorsement:
Jeff Fisher:

True but then again he's treating him like the starter in terms of game reps and DR hasn't done anything to lose that designation. In fact, he's done a lot to cement it IMO.

I don't disagree with the premise of him "earning" the STARTER's role. From a pure rushing standpoint, he definitely is explosive. My concern with him is two-fold. With this running style, he is going to take a LOT of hits. He doesn't make people miss, doesn't break a lot of tackles, and runs as like a "power back" at 197 lbs.
I just don't think he is capable of being much more than a 12-15 carry a game guy.

The other thing, and IMO, the more important issue, he just doesn't get the job done in pass blocking. He gets over powered. Its THIS reason alone, that IMO, PEAD will be a big part of what they do. If only as a 3rd down back. So be it.

I believe that is what Fisher is referring to, when he says "as far as who going to come in", as it pertains to the other aspects of the position that Richardson just doesn't measure up to YET.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Pead can't be the starter week one even if he was named RB1.
Of course Richardaon will start against AZ.

Sent via Tapatalk2.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
CoachO with some good observations:
I don't disagree with the premise of him "earning" the STARTER's role. From a pure rushing standpoint, he definitely is explosive. My concern with him is two-fold. With this running style, he is going to take a LOT of hits. I just don't think he is capable of being much more than a 12-15 carry a game guy.

The other thing, and IMO, the more important issue, he just doesn't get the job done in pass blocking. He gets over powered. Its THIS reason alone, that IMO, PEAD will be a big part of what they do. If only as a 3rd down back. So be it.
I agree with that. I think Pead is going to get a lot of work as our #2.

lockdnram21

Legend
albefree69 said:
CoachO with some good observations:
I don't disagree with the premise of him "earning" the STARTER's role. From a pure rushing standpoint, he definitely is explosive. My concern with him is two-fold. With this running style, he is going to take a LOT of hits. I just don't think he is capable of being much more than a 12-15 carry a game guy.

I agree with that. I think Pead is going to get a lot of work as our #2.

I disagree I think either Cunningham or Stacy will end up being the number 2