It doesn't matter if it's Goff or Keenum...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
...Gurley will still be the best RB in the NFL this season!

What I don't get is why he was killing teams at 22 carries per game the first 5 and they dropped him to 14 the last 5. Tired? Conspiracy? Stupid?

Anyone suspect Goff is going to be throwing a lot to Gurley? I do.

I can also see record seasons for Britt and Austin.

Last edited:

Athos

Legend
Meh.

It'll be a huge difference, at the very least, the latter third of the season between a Goff and Keenum effect on Todd.

Maybe the whole season. Goff has the height and vision and quick release.

He's gonna frustrate teams like Rodgers lite. Which will help Todd.

Though honestly, it'll be on the Oline to deliver. If Robinson remains in neutral, Todd won't have the kind of season he should.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
RamzFanz, I agree with your comments. But I couldn't view the Video because it's Blocked! Can you provide a Link!?(y);)

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Meh.

It'll be a huge difference, at the very least, the latter third of the season between a Goff and Keenum effect on Todd.

Maybe the whole season. Goff has the height and vision and quick release.

He's gonna frustrate teams like Rodgers lite. Which will help Todd.

Though honestly, it'll be on the Oline to deliver. If Robinson remains in neutral, Todd won't have the kind of season he should.

Best in the NFL or even better, it's a matter of scale, but either way I think he's going to lead the pack. Keenum could actual move him up higher with more running and less passing. Goff and a boost at WR could cut into his touches.

I agree about the line.

Frogbelly

Rookie
Name
Frogbelly
...Gurley will still be the best RB in the NFL this season!

What I don't get is why he was killing teams at 22 carries per game the first 5 and they dropped him to 14 the last 5. Tired? Conspiracy? Stupid?

Anyone suspect Goff is going to be throwing a lot to Gurley? I do.

I can also see record seasons for Britt and Austin.

I think that whenever Goff gets in, he's going to be throwing it around alot. Everyone is going to be expecting a heavy dose of Gurly to take the heat off Goff. But if he's as accurate as they say, expect alot of play action. If my memory is worth anything, NOT, seems that Keenum, after he took over, opened a few games with a playaction pass deep to Britt.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think that whenever Goff gets in, he's going to be throwing it around alot. Everyone is going to be expecting a heavy dose of Gurly to take the heat off Goff. But if he's as accurate as they say, expect alot of play action. If my memory is worth anything, NOT, seems that Keenum, after he took over, opened a few games with a playaction pass deep to Britt.

Link

Link

Link

The question now is can Goff make those throws? His short/mid game is exciting but are we surrendering these? Does it matter?

Last edited:

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
We should see a good symbiotic relationship between Goff and Gurley. One things for sure is that Goff will be able to make the throws Foles and Keenum can't. Gurley wasn't even 100% last season so I look forward to seeing what he'll do in 2016

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
CONSPIRACY!!
I think ti was a great thing to ease the rookie into the end of a lost season...he was getting dinged up too...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think the OP is correct, in that it's gonna be all about Gurley. Rams were 7th in the league in rushing because of Todd Gurley last season when he was still coming off that knee injury. Look at the YPC of the other backs and you can see that difference and what he added to this offense. Now with the OL having another camp there is no reason to think they won't have one of the most lethal running attacks in the league and that my friends is going to make things real easy on whoever the QB is.

IMO what we can expect from Gurley is two things. First he's gonna be faster, quicker, and blowing through bigger holes. Second, he's gonna be more involved and utilized in the passing game. His hands and body control in catch 'n run are superb and I believe Boras will tap into that and get him in space with the ball this year.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Thanks RamzFanz!! Love the Video! I see no reason why, with the O-Line in their 2nd year together, Gurrrley can't get 1600 yards rushing this year, Not to mention Receiving yards!! And I'll put him at 20 TD's too!! :football::D

Big Game

Living The Dream
loved all the videos its just May and i'm getting excited about Ram football :football::football:

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
It all falls on the offensive line. It starts and ends there. The time to pass and creases to run.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
CONSPIRACY!!
I think ti was a great thing to ease the rookie into the end of a lost season...he was getting dinged up too...

He put the knee brace back on late in they year too didn't he.......I think maybe they were letting him work back at a pace that minimized risk, and I'm OK with that because this young man has a really big time future ahead of him.

maddogmrb

UDFA
Name
maddogmrb
Keenum has a noodle arm. Almost AA bad AA Austin davis

His career suggests otherwise as evidenced by his multiple long TD passes to Andre Johnson, DeAndre Hopkins, Kenny Britt and a others. Also, his too numerous too mention long TD passes in college. What he DOES have is touch.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I don't think you are correct about Keenum. Goff is not good over 40 yards.
I wonder how Keenum's college numbers would compare in that area. Also, though I have said before that I didn't like Goff's deep ball, in his defense, he had way too little time to get the pass off with that pathetic O-line at Cal. How much more accurate is he if he can actually step into some of those deep throws?

Psycho_X

Legend
I can't remember if they ever made any official injury report designation for Gurley but I remember him dinging his knee a little towards the end of the season. I think that changed how much they were using him towards the end because there wasn't a huge need to overwork him since playoffs were out of the question. So I think his reduced carries were more of a precaution thing not to get too crazy with him at the end of a lost season. Which was smart imo.

I fully expect him to be getting 25 carries a game this whole season.