Is Mizzou The Next Powerhouse?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Now that we have moved into the SEC, I read that we are hitting Florida pretty hard for recruiting. Usually we pull solid talent from Texas, but adding Florida is HUGE. If we can beat Auburn and make and win a major bowl and compete the same way next year, I see us pulling some HUGE talent.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I think if we keep Pinkle we have a shot , but if we lose him we need to be careful we don't end up with a Pellini, WAHTADOUCHE

I'm very pleasantly surprised with our rapid assimilation into the SEC ,and FWIW we DO have the worlds larges retailer as our boosters but shit can go SOUTH fast with the wrong coach.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't see Gary going anywhere, he has worked for far to long to make this team good to leave now. He has a fast rising team in the best conference in the nation.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Gary Pinkel is in his 60s and has expressed that he has no desire to go to another program.

I see him riding out his contract or perhaps accepting a short extension. He is here until he calls it quits at this point.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
He is only 61, I think he has another 9 years left lol

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wasnt Pinkel on the hot seat going in to this season? How quickly fortunes change

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I don't know that he has ever been on a hot seat.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Wasnt Pinkel on the hot seat going in to this season? How quickly fortunes change

I don't think he was truly on the hotseat with the university...he was with many fans, I'd be a liar if I said I didn't have thoughts.

...and I believe Pinkel has said he doesn't want to coach into his 70s.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Hopefully, when he does call it quits, this university will be ranked high enough and thought of enough to pull in a top tier coach to come in with powerful recruiting skills.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Well if someone was to give him a big offer with a golden parachute ,set his family up he might jump, hope he doesn't

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well now that we've heard from the lone dissenter we can proceed with this dynastic progression

I think Mizzou can be a competitive program but powerhouses are rare. Alabama is a powerhouse. Aside from them, there really isn't another consistent one in the SEC right now...and that's for a reason. There's too much talent in the conference. Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, Auburn, TAMU and now Missouri are all teams with the potential to win 10+ games every year. It makes it difficult to stay on top. Alabama can do it because Saban is just that good and they have that much pull as a program.

I don't see Missouri having that sort of pull. I think they're going to be a lot like SC. They'll be competitive and they'll be good for 8 to 11 wins as long as they have their coach pretty much year in and year out but they're not the sort of program that's going to be a 11-13 win team every year.

Pinkel, like Spurrier, is an excellent coach. What he's done at Missouri is very impressive but I just don't see the ability to separate themselves and Pinkel, as good as he is, isn't Saban.

As far as recruiting Florida, I wish you guys luck. Because even with how well Missouri is doing, I just can't see them beating out schools like Florida State, Florida, Georgia, Alabama and Ohio State consistently for top Florida talent. And then you have other wildcards like Clemson and Louisville(basically wherever Strong is) that factor in.

You guys will pull some players but I don't see Missouri becoming a major player in the state.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
TWO WORDS jrry Wal Mart

No, I don't think WalMart is going to attract players even with their low price guarantee. I'd just try the good ole booze and females method. :wink:

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
No, I don't think WalMart is going to attract players even with their low price guarantee. I'd just try the good ole booze and females method. :wink:
Apparently you don't know most of the Waltons went to Mizzou as did Stan Kroenke and sons and a HOST of other multimillionares from the worlds largest retailer.
or maybe you're just being your usual charming self:razz:

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
How bout y'all win a championship before we have this convo or string a few back to back winning seasons in the good ole sec first lol

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
How bout y'all win a championship before we have this convo or string a few back to back winning seasons in the good ole sec first lol
Well if WE want to talk about it why do you decide you gotta be part of we if ALL ya got to say is don't talk about it?:slap:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Apparently you don't know most of the Waltons went to Mizzou as did Stan Kroenke and sons and a HOST of other multimillionares from the worlds largest retailer.
or maybe you're just being your usual charming self:razz:

I do. Just poking fun. Don't see it making a lot of difference though.