In which club do you belong?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

In Which Club Do You Belong?

• Total voters

MFaulk107

The Realness
I hope us old-timers aren't coming across that way! I'm just an older fan, not better. Just stay off my lawn!
Oh no no not at all. I love reading the posts of you old timers. Tbh im incredibly jelous of all of the NFL knowledge you contain and have seen, I'll be there someday!

DeaconJ

Rookie
Raised in LA with the Rams in my face! Kinda drifted away when we moved to NorCal, but regained interest in the 70's with that awesome defense! Surrounded by Niner's fans. Sucked.......still does. Oh well, this year is the upper for me.

A55VA6

Legend
It's so crazy to me that some of you guys were Rams fans before my parents were even born (1967 & 1970) o_O

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
I was born into a Rams fan family ( dad and older brother) but the 79 season was when I became a diehard fan myself. Beating Dallas and almost upsetting the Steelers made me fall in love with the Rams.

Dick84

I'd say 77 was when I really became aware that I was a Rams fan. My big brother was a fan and I followed his lead.

SanAnRam

Just an educated redneck
I wonder if anyone remembers what year my first memory was:

The game was against the Redskins, Billy Kilmer playing QB for them, pretty sure it was in LA, and pretty sure the good guys won.
The play that I will always remember is Kilmer inside the 20, throws to the left flat and our LB intercepting and taking it to the house. Watching the Blue and Gold (Whites that day) uniform running down the field, I've been a fan since that day. I just don't have a clue What Day that Was?

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I put down 30 yrs. But I was a St. Louis Cardinal fan when I was a kid. After they left, the Rams were in a tie with Miami and Houston. One of those games were on TV here usually. The Rams became my primary team after they moved here. Maybe I should have marked 20yrs, but I was a true fan of them before they came here. I will admit should they move away, that will come to an end. I'm not one of those people who will hang on long after I've been rejected (I spit on the football Cardinals).

Unrelated side note. The Titans are a sorry ass replacement for the Oilers.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
1st Game; 1951: Scout Appreciation Day ( for Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts etc.) . I was a Cub Scout, sitting on the 50 yard Line, 17 rows up, at the L.A. Coll.. I got to watch Waterfield, VanBrocklin, Crazy Legs Hirsch, Night-Train Lane, & Tommy Fears etc. etc. Beat the Living Crap out of the Packers. they have been in my Blood ( and under my skin ) every sense! ( I was 7 years Old! )

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

The game was against the Redskins, Billy Kilmer playing QB for them, pretty sure it was in LA, and pretty sure the good guys won.
The play that I will always remember is Kilmer inside the 20, throws to the left flat and our LB intercepting and taking it to the house. Watching the Blue and Gold (Whites that day) uniform running down the field, I've been a fan since that day. I just don't have a clue What Day that Was?
Monday, December 13, 1971, 9:00PM EST. Kermit Alexander, 82 yard interception return TD.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
My dad took me to a an L.A. Rams game when I was 4 (1970), and I went to at least one game every year, but was never a season ticket holder. We moved to Anaheim from Lynwood when I was 10, don't think my mom ever knew why we moved to Anaheim...I figured it out. I haven't been to a game since they moved...don't get me started on why and how they moved, it's still a sore subject. Some of my best memories from being a kid was wrestling with my dad on the floor on weekends, about the only time that I saw him, because he worked so much, watching Rams games on Sundays, and UCLA on Saturdays.

I never missed watching a game that was televised, and I am one of Directv's oldest customers, specifically because of my beloved Rams. Pops, also took me to Kings, and Laker games too. Later in life we never missed a Rams or Lakers game, watching them together until he contracted cancer and died, way too soon after he retired. We had plans on going and seeing a Rams game in St. Louis. I was a third generation football player, my son a fourth, and I hope he has a boy so that tradition continues. My whole body is thrashed, have ripped a hammy completely in half, and cracked a vertebra in my lower back, playing football. I have had two spinal fusions (neck and lower back) with extra parts added. I don't care, the memories I forged from playing, coaching, and scouting are still some of the top memories that I have. Wouldn't change it.

I have a lot of passion for the Rams, and the memories they have given me, and I am on the edge of my seat, because pretty soon, this team will be special again.

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've been a Rams fan all my life - but to be fair, since I'm 50 and infancy can't really count for fandom, I'm in the 40 years group. I remember the James Harris controversy when he replaced Hadl. There are fragments before then, of course, but that's when I really was aware of things going on with the Rams, as opposed to "Yay, they won!" Or at least what I remember after all these years.
Me too man. the first game that I went to in the LA Coliseum, was the last game of the season, Rams vs Browns. Rams won that game to finish the season 12-2.

One week later, we lost to the Cowboys in the first round of the playoffs..arrrgggh!

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
1969. The helmets and Gabriel to Snow.

Gotcha beat by one year Philly! '68, LA Coliseum. Uncle took my to my first game. What memories I have of them are now fading but I remember going through the tunnels and coming out into the bright sunshine and there they were! Horns on the helmets! All white uniforms and number 84, Jack Snow, my hero.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Most of my early Rams interest was back in the Capeletti days. Some of the end of the Fearsome Foursome, but by the time I was really into football, it was Youngblood's .. Haden era.

SierraRam

Recreational User

Very nice! I found this from 10/22/67 (tie 28-28) & 12/13/71 (loss 38-24) Kilmer was the QB in '71 - Jurgensen '67

upload_2014-6-28_13-40-46.jpeg
upload_2014-6-28_13-41-16.jpeg

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Interesting numbers gap between the 20 and 40 year club.

50+ votes for both the 20 and 40 year fans but only 26 votes for the 30 year guys(including myself).