I'm gonna say it...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Now after the draft and the plethora of picks we inherited, if we were to go back and be in the posistion to draft RGIII, do you do it? Me, no question, this kid can do it all at the QB spot. Just wait until Washington gets him some more weapons, oh god... :omg:

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
This is a typical jumping on the bandwagon thread...RG3 is garbage...I mean who were the suspects which he was complaining about that play to rough? :lmao:

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
SteezyEndo said:
This is a typical jumping on the bandwagon thread...RG3 is garbage...I mean who were the suspects which he was complaining about that play to rough? :lmao:

Are you really a Rams fan?
Yes i'm a Rams fan, because I say I want a certain player on our team, how does that not make me a Rams fan? I was just saying that his accuracy his unbelievable and then you throw in his running ability, I believe this kid is going to have a great career is all.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Nope. A bunch of wide open receivers because Dallas's secondary can't cover doesn't impress me much.

I think RG3 is a talented player for sure, and he'll probably have a good career. However I see him as the Mike Vick type. Lots of flashy plays and little postseason success. Also I'm not sure he'll have a long career to be honest. Cam Newton set the world on fire last year, and he's not doing much this year. I'd rather a pocket passer that can run a complex offense then a hybrid QB that needs a watered down offense with option plays and stuff like that. It doesn't take long for defenses to figure them out.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
2193 yards 12 TD's 3 Int 624 Rush Yards 6 Rush TD's. I am not jumping on any bandwagon just stating the fact that this guy is playing lights out football for a rookie. I want Sam to be the QB he was drafted to be for us, but you can't help but wonder where we would be right now if he was in horns.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Barrison6 said:
2193 yards 12 TD's 3 Int 624 Rush Yards 6 Rush TD's. I am not jumping on any bandwagon just stating the fact that this guy is playing lights out football for a rookie. I want Sam to be the QB he was drafted to be for us, but you can't help but wonder where we would be right now if he was in horns.

Cam Newton played lights out football too. So did Andy Dalton. Wilson is playing good, the 49ers rookie, Tannehill, and others. Most of these guys just have better teams around them and it helps out. Receivers that can actually get open is huge. Look at the throws they make, they have wide open receivers more often than not. If Sam had receivers getting that open that often he'd be putting up awesome numbers as well.

2,242 and 12 TD's isn't too bad, especially when you see that almost half of RG3's yards come from YAC. 9th best in terms of YAC yards, Bradford is 26th. Sam doesn't get nearly as much help.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
This is the Cam Newton comparison part deux. Next year it'll be someone else.

If you're asking if I'd rather the Rams draft RGIII instead of taking the picks, then I'd say no. Now if they were in a position to take Luck, then I would probably have a different opinion. Scrambling hybrid RB-QB players do absolutely nothing for me. He'll put together a bunch of stats, and he'll be on SportsCenter a lot, but he's no more talented than Mike Vick was when he entered the league. I'd rather have a bunch of players to fill out the roster instead of one guy.

Just me though.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
X said:
This is the Cam Newton comparison part deux. Next year it'll be someone else.

If you're asking if I'd rather the Rams draft RGIII instead of taking the picks, then I'd say no. Now if they were in a position to take Luck, then I would probably have a different opinion. Scrambling hybrid RB-QB players do absolutely nothing for me. He'll put together a bunch of stats, and he'll be on SportsCenter a lot, but he's no more talented than Mike Vick was when he entered the league. I'd rather have a bunch of players to fill out the roster instead of one guy.

Just me though.
Well, imo, RGIII could be a pure passing quarterback but because of how he adds that extra dimension with his legs, it makes it hard for a defense to know what he's going to do. His lethal running ability helps setup the pass for more success and I believe that he is a better passer than both Newton and Vick.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Barrison6 said:
Now after the draft and the plethora of picks we inherited, if we were to go back and be in the posistion to draft RGIII, do you do it? Me, no question, this kid can do it all at the QB spot. Just wait until Washington gets him some more weapons, oh god... :omg:

He can do everything but read the whole field :oops:

He is only responsible for reading half the field. The OC, Shanahan's son, deserves as much credit as RG3. The league will figure him out, just like they did Newton.

RamsNation

Rookie
bluecoconuts said:
Nope. A bunch of wide open receivers because Dallas's secondary can't cover doesn't impress me much.

I think RG3 is a talented player for sure, and he'll probably have a good career. However I see him as the Mike Vick type. Lots of flashy plays and little postseason success. Also I'm not sure he'll have a long career to be honest. Cam Newton set the world on fire last year, and he's not doing much this year. I'd rather a pocket passer that can run a complex offense then a hybrid QB that needs a watered down offense with option plays and stuff like that. It doesn't take long for defenses to figure them out.

Exactly what I was saying watching this game and others.I live near DC so I hear about him a lot.He seems to always be throwing to open receivers which isn't a knock on him but he doesn't make difficult throws all the time.Imagine when fans start talking about him like they do Sam and say he makes safe throws all day,difference is his WR's get open and they make great plays when they catch the ball.The kid is solid but look at Cam,we thought he was Tom Brady and Randall Cunningham in one.The NFL is a adaptive league,next season after coordinators have all offseason to watch that offenses tape they will see how basic it is and exploit it.They basically are running a college offense with the perfect QB to run it.I would do the trade all over again is what I'm saying,I believe in Sam all day.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
bluecoconuts said:

^^^^^This^^^^ Pretty much what I would have said

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Unreal. I am not sure some of you have really watched RG play much. I watched him at Baylor and have seen pretty much every snap this year. He is a MUCH better quarterback than Cam Newton or Michael Vick IMO. The difference being that he is extraordinarily intelligent. QBs need smarts as much as physical tools, and this kid has both to spare. Over the last 2 games, I think he has 8 TD against 9 incompletions. Insane. Would I take him instead of all these picks? No. We need these draft picks to rebuild what is still a shabby roster. Would I take him over Bradford straight up? Probably. Oh, and don't EVEN question whether I am a Rams fan. I have the scars to prove it......

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Faceplant said:
Unreal. I am not sure some of you have really watched RG play much. I watched him at Baylor and have seen pretty much every snap this year. He is a MUCH better quarterback than Cam Newton or Michael Vick IMO. The difference being that he is extraordinarily intelligent. QBs need smarts as much as physical tools, and this kid has both to spare. Over the last 2 games, I think he has 8 TD against 9 incompletions. Insane. Would I take him instead of all these picks? No. We need these draft picks to rebuild what is still a shabby roster. Would I take him over Bradford straight up? Probably. Oh, and don't EVEN question whether I am a Rams fan. I have the scars to prove it......

So what?

Sam vs. RG3...

Rams have a chance to have to be only .5 game behind them (which is a W in my book).

The great RG3 lost to the Panthers at home...and 6 other games. B/c of bad defense. That's not RG3's fault, and it's not Sam's fault that teh Rams' D couldn't stop teams either.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am not a Sam hater, I just like RG's game. Is that a crime?

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Faceplant said:
Apparently it makes you a not rams fan... :razzed:

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Barrison6 said:
Faceplant said:
Apparently it makes you a not rams fan... :razzed:

Yeah, that was a ridiculous accusation.