If You Were A Redskins Fan, Would You Be Happy With The Rg3 Trade?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

If you were a Redskins fan, would you be happy with the RG3 trade?

• Very happy (We got our QB of the future!)

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Mostly happy (We got our QB, but man, did we pay a lot.)

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • Neutral

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Mostly unhappy (I like RG3, but we really could have used those picks)

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • Very unhappy (We sold our future for flash in the pan hype!)

Votes: 16 26.7%
  • I've become violently ill imagining that I am a Redskins fan, so I can't answer the question.

Votes: 12 20.0%

• Total voters

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Imagine for a second you were a fan of the Washington Redskins, and thus on the other side of the 2012 trade to get RG3.

What would your reactions to said trade be now?

It depends how RGIII turns out, rookie RGIII, meh I can just about handle it, second year/injured RGIII I'm pissed.

iced

In retrospect, they needed a QB and didn't have one. They gave up a lot, but the kid is clearly talented - he just needs the right coaching. I'd say there's a much better chance of him being an impact QB instead of a bust, so yea i think i'd be okay if i were a skins fan..

but i'm happier to be a rams fan :D

tonyl711

Starter
cant bring myself to imagine myself a redskins fan so I will put it this way, we robbed them blind.

MFaulk107

The Realness
I have a friend that's a Redskins fan, and I remember him always bragging about RG3 his first year killin it.
Now every time I bring him up or the trade he can't stand it haha.

If it were me being the fan though I wouldn't be too happy about it now(clearly) so no,I wouldn't be happy
I have nothing against RG3 though, I think he'll shine this season, or at least spark a little.
But lets see what he does this time around.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
My son is a Skins fan and he's delighted with RGIII but not with the high cost it took to get him. He spends his time over at Extreme Skins and says that feeling is pretty much consensual. Living in Maryland I can tell you that RGIII is approaching cult status and his fans probably won't admit that they got taken to the cleaners by the Rams.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I became violently ill thinking about being a fan of a Snyder owned team. I instantly got flashbacks of Georgia/Shaw/Zygmunt all rolled into one. Except of course Snyder will spend money.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I voted unhappy/flash in the pan.

This type of QB rarely, and I mean rarely, works out well and almost never works out for very long at any level of performance. So coughing up all that draft capitol would be too high of a price for me. I look at it in reverse.....if the Rams had given up all that for him I'd be vocal about how bad of a deal it was.

@PrimeTime
Yeah it takes time for a deal like this to turn totally sour with fans. But we have time LOL. Two years form now after he is pulverized they will be singing a different tune.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
True story - when my son was little, he's 23 now, he was attending a day care center at Frostburg University. This was the only year that the Skins had their preseason at that facility. One day I went to pick him up and the teacher told me he was out on the field with the team. When I first saw him he was being carried around by one of the players, maybe Darrell Green, I can't remember for sure. The players had put together little notebooks for the children filled with their autographs. My son still has it today. After that day I lost him to the Skins.

Ram_of_Old

He won the Division last year as the QB, but I have some serious doubts about his future. I became violently ill while reading the question.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I voted mostly unhappy.

You don't trade 2 first rounders, plus a 2nd rounder and now two years later unsure if he is "the guy". I'm not writing him off, but the fact of the matter is; there is doubt about this guy.

So; on that note, I'd be mostly unhappy and bordering on very unhappy.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I picked mostly happy. It was a lot to give up for 1 player, and one player doesn't solve everything. Deep down I think Robert Griffin III is a good player who means well, just has become enamored with the media hype. He needs to develop just like any other player.

jjab360

Legend
I picked mostly happy, though as a Rams fan, I know there's always going to be a few Skins fans who whine and complain nonstop about Wilson going in the 3rd. RG3 regressed this year, and you gave up a lot of potential talent to get him, but he's still going to be a damn good QB when he puts it all together.

Rams won the trade because of all the picks they got, but I wouldn't be unhappy as a Skins fan, because I'd know the future looked brighter now that they finally have a real QB.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
RG3 regressed this year, and you gave up a lot of potential talent to get him, but he's still going to be a damn good QB when he puts it all together.

How can you be sure?

If I'm giving up THAT much, I don't expect to be sitting here wondering.

Can he stay healthy?

Can he get past the first read?

Can he prove himself a team player?

That's a whole lot of question marks to be happy with that trade.

Ram_of_Old

Arrgghhh....I just threw up in my mouth again, thinking about being a Redskins fan.....huuuucckkk

A55VA6

Legend
Mixture of Very unhappy and violently ill. I picked Very unhappy though.

Ram_of_Old

Little Danny Snyder is the worse owner in the league. Look who has had at coach and run away. Three time SB winner, Joe Gibbs and two time SB winner Mike Shanahan. He is a little man with a lot of money.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
True story - when my son was little, he's 23 now, he was attending a day care center at Frostburg University. This was the only year that the Skins had their preseason at that facility. One day I went to pick him up and the teacher told me he was out on the field with the team. When I first saw him he was being carried around by one of the players, maybe Darrell Green, I can't remember for sure. The players had put together little notebooks for the children filled with their autographs. My son still has it today. After that day I lost him to the Skins.
I suppose he's excused then. Hard to not be a fan with that in your childhood memory. Cool story.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
If I were a Redskin fan I wouldn't be here to vote in this poll, but I think I'd be as enamored of him as some here are of Sam even though neither has really warranted the enormous salary or the enormous cost of acquisition. Bothe still have big question marks ,the good thing about Sam is his cost is mostly in the past ,RG's cost will linger for some time.
Objectively I can't and never will be able to see how one player can be worth all we've turned what we got for him into.
It was a terrible trade for Washington only a fan couldn't see it.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
And so hopefully you will have learned and when you have grandsons,you need to take them to Rams training camp lijke I did my grandson last summer where he was given the job of autograph assistant to Robert Quinn and Gerald Rivers, Rivers gave him his practice gloves ,Chris Long Quinn and Rivers autographed them.