If the Rams take Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
What are the chances they draft someone he's familiar with in Kenny Lawler.

For every person saying that Goff would have looked even better with an offensive line, imagine if Lawler had more time to run his routes. He has very good hands, good size, and can win the jump ball.

The Rams can probably get him in the 4th, and we need WR help. I think he could be a hidden gem, and would already come an be on the same page as the QB.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Well, like I said before, it's not "if", but "when".

I mean, they initiated the trade talks AT the Combine which means they'd talked about it BEFORE the Combine.

As much as I'm all in for Wentz, I don't believe for a second that Fisher and Snead were willing to go up to #1 overall for a few games a Senior and a Senior Bowl.

That Wentz closed the gap so fast is stunning...and it's actually very possible he'll be the better pro (we'll see if Fisher can actually develop a QB for once...grrr). A good amount of that will depend on where he goes.

Now, I'll say this.

If all of this is a huge long con with Mike Silver in on it to sucker Cleveland in to trade up to number one to take Goff so that they can still take Wentz and get picks... Well, I'll get a damned Snead jersey.

But that's movie magic, not football reality and doesn't track with the reality of what happened in real life and real time.

That said, Lawler would have to be available with the second pick because unless there's no good TEs available, if Jerrell Adams is available with that first pick in the 4th, I think the Rams are going to grab him.

I dunno if the Rams take a chance on Bohringer (sp),the German WR. His SPARQ is right up there with Calvin Johnson and he looks like he can learn the game. I dunno that he lasts until the 6th. There are a lot of teams with later picks who might pick him up a little earlier knowing that they can still get who they want a few picks later...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't like Lawler. Don't want him on the Rams. He's another Austin Pettis. Can make acrobatic catches but he's not going to separate in the NFL.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I'd prefer Mike Thomas or even Tajae Sharpe personally. But I wouldn't be mad about Lawler being the guy, so long as Goff is with him. What say you @jrry32 about the receivers I mentioned instead?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
and it's actually very possible he'll be the better pro (we'll see if Fisher can actually develop a QB for once...grrr).

Just another reason that Goff should be the pick. He is already a more finished prospect He needs very little work.
Wentz on the other hand has some things to work on.

if Jerrell Adams is available with that first pick in the 4th, I think the Rams are going to grab him.

I hope so. I think Adams will develop into a good TE. He likes to block too.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Just another reason that Goff should be the pick. He is already a more finished prospect He needs very little work.
Wentz on the other hand has some things to work on.

I hope so. I think Adams will develop into a good TE. He likes to block too.

And Goff is two years younger and already more polished. I take that as well. Adams would be a steal in the fourth. We can hope.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Too many Cal fan boys around here

orbq7.gif

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd prefer Mike Thomas or even Tajae Sharpe personally. But I wouldn't be mad about Lawler being the guy, so long as Goff is with him. What say you @jrry32 about the receivers I mentioned instead?

I like Thomas a lot.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think "the piece" to add in round 4 is the TE Williams. Great hands, big body, sneaky speed. Add that dude to an offense with Goff throwing the ball and he'd be a revelation. But either way I think he would help this offense right out the gate. One of my favorite players in this draft, really hope the Rams like him.

ABRam

UDFA
I don't like Lawler. Don't want him on the Rams. He's another Austin Pettis. Can make acrobatic catches but he's not going to separate in the NFL.

I thought the same about Jarvis Landry and he's been a find for the Dolphins. He had the same skinny, slow but catches everything label. Receivers are tough to predict.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
What are the chances they draft someone he's familiar with in Kenny Lawler.

For every person saying that Goff would have looked even better with an offensive line, imagine if Lawler had more time to run his routes. He has very good hands, good size, and can win the jump ball.

The Rams can probably get him in the 4th, and we need WR help. I think he could be a hidden gem, and would already come an be on the same page as the QB.
I was thinking about this two ... some mid-late Rd. WR's I was thinking of ... Lawler came first .... Jordan Payton ... and Rashard Higgins came to mind.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought the same about Jarvis Landry and he's been a find for the Dolphins. He had the same skinny, slow but catches everything label. Receivers are tough to predict.

Frankly, I did as well to an extent. Thought Landry would struggle to separate and need to end up in the slot to be successful. We'll see if that ends up being true. But Landry was a smaller guy who played with a lot more physicality and hand better hands. Lawler also has some character/work habit issues which wasn't a problem with Landry. I don't think they're that comparable.

I think Austin Pettis is a dead-on ringer. Similar size, similar strengths and weaknesses, and both guys had some big character questions.(Austin got in trouble a number of times while here)

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I'm going to steer clear of the fray, but I can't wait to read to the comments from both sides of the aisle when the pick is finally made public...This should be really interesting...Everything I've read the past couple of days now seems to indicate it's Goff,...Two days ago everybody of "expert" status said Wentz...Inquiring minds can't wait...