I'd Say We're In A Pretty Good Position To Trade Out Of 2 And Hit Big Again.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Draft order behind us, and the QBs on those teams.

3. Jaguars. Henne's a FA, and Gabbert who'll be gone. We'd have to talk them into trading with us though. Hold them hostage against another team. We wont be able to get much probably considering we're only moving one spot. Who knows though. Have to see what the other teams are offering. They'll actually help as incentive for the other teams obviously.

4. Browns. Who even knows anymore. Tanney, Weeden?

5. Raiders. McGloin is probably in the lead there with Allen as the coach. He came out and said he's "not sure if the future QB is on the roster" though. http://espn.go.com/blog/oakland-rai...-not-sure-if-raiders-qb-of-future-in-building I would imagine they'll be interested in checking out options through the draft lol.

6. Falcons. Matt Ryan... Moving on.

7. Buccaneers. Mike Glennon seems to be the answer here. Unless something weird happens and they sign Cutler because of Lovie and trade Glennon haha. Prob not.

8. Vikings. Make no mistake about it. The Vikings ARE going to be looking for a QB in the draft. "I haven't got it right yet," Spielman said. "We've worked as hard as we could to try to get that right." - GM Rick Spielman http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...blame-minnesota-vikings-quarterback-situation

9. Bills. After spending their first round pick on EJ Manuel last year, I think they're out of the hunt. Even though he wasn't great Marrone has came out and said he "will be the starter next year." Who knows they might sign a vet to go behind him or draft a QB in the later rounds. I doubt they will be willing to trade (up) for one though.

10. Lions. Stafford... Moving on.

11. Titans. This is a tricky one. Does Munchak keep his job? Do the Titans think Locker is the future after another sub par performance and his injury history? A little progress at the end, but does that mean anything to a new coach?

12. Giants. Manning... Moving on.

13. Rams. What would Les Snead be willing to offer? The Rams have some young tallent. Wait... Moving on.

14. Bears. 99% sure here Cutlers getting a new contract.

15. Steelers. Rapelisburger... Moving on.

16. Cowboys/Ravens (coin flip) Flacco, and Homo... Moving on.

17. Cowboys/Ravens (coin flip)

18. Jets. Considering Ryans coming back, I'd imagine Smith stays. They actually might make sense in trading up to 13 for someone if they want to add another QB.

19. Dolphins. Tannehills stayin.

20. Cardinals. We would never trade within conference, and they'll prob take someone later rounds to develop behind Palmer.

The only tricky thing. It seems like there's going to be a lot of good QB prospects coming out. As of right now it seems like a lot of those teams could wait till the later rounds to get one. What we need is hype, and it will come.

What say ye ROD nation? Do you think we can pull off another blockbuster with one of the QB prospects coming out? Is the talent, or demand not there?

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan

Legend
I think your reasoning is good. What does that means for us trading down, I don't have a clue. Who really knows which team is desperately needing a QB or Clowney.

Trade value chart for our 2nd pick in first round using only 2014 picks:

Jaguars: 3rd pick in 1st round, 3rd pick in 2nd round and we give them 2nd pick in 4th round & 2nd pick in 5th round.

Cleveland trade value chart if the Colts finish 26th: 4th, 26th in round 1 and 4th pick in round 4.

Raiders: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th round picks.

Falcons: Not enough points so they need a 2015 pick or two

Bucs: Not enough points so they need a 2015 pick or two

Vikings: Not enough points so they need a 2015 pick or two

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Good breakdown. Yes, a lot of QB needy teams!

This is where it gets interesting. We need a couple of QB's to get hot this offseason; Bortles, Manziel, Carr, Hundley. Hot enough to be considered top 10. That would make it reasonable enough to jump to 2 to get your guy.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Jags aren't going to trade up to get above us because they know we're not taking a QB at 2! The question is going to be - do the Brown's or possibly the Vikings think that their guy is going to Jacksonville if they don't jump above them. Means they all have to be in love with the same guy really. It would help if the Texans sign Cutler in the offseason - so they take Clowney instead - and then the Teddy B stakes are on for the rest of them. Maybe Bortles or Carr is the guy they all like though? Who knows. I don't think we'll get a major haul though like last time.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jags aren't going to trade up to get above us because they know we're not taking a QB at 2! The question is going to be - do the Brown's or possibly the Vikings think that their guy is going to Jacksonville if they don't jump above them. Means they all have to be in love with the same guy really. It would help if the Texans sign Cutler in the offseason - so they take Clowney instead - and then the Teddy B stakes are on for the rest of them. Maybe Bortles or Carr is the guy they all like though? Who knows. I don't think we'll get a major haul though like last time.

Not really. All there has to be it the threat of the Jags taking a QB. It will be up to the team behind the Jags if it's worth the gamble to wait or not.

The most reasonable option we have right now imo is the Vikings. The Browns and the Raiders could say, yes we need a QB, but there's a handful of options, and we'll just take the one that falls to us. Although, there's a good possibility they really like a specific one too. Then, again, it will be up to them if it's worth the gamble to wait.

And yes, we could trade with Jacksonville! Although it's highly unlikely. I would imagine if we started talks with someone like the Browns they would say if we even hear you're talking to Jacksonville after this we're out. All is fair in love and the war room.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I think your reasoning is good. What does that means for us trading down, I don't have a clue. Who really knows which team is desperately needing a QB or Clowney.

Trade value chart for our 2nd pick in first round using only 2014 picks:

Jaguars: 3rd pick in 1st round, 3rd pick in 2nd round and we give them 2nd pick in 4th round & 2nd pick in 5th round.

Cleveland trade value chart if the Colts finish 26th: 4th, 26th in round 1 and 4th pick in round 4.

Raiders: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th round picks.

Falcons: Not enough points so they need a 2015 pick or two

Bucs: Not enough points so they need a 2015 pick or two

Vikings: Not enough points so they need a 2015 pick or two

Except we don't own the 2nd pick in teh 4th and 5th rounds. We only have the 2nd pick in round 1.

Alan

Legend
BigRamFan pointing out my error:
Except we don't own the 2nd pick in the 4th and 5th rounds. We only have the 2nd pick in round 1.
Too true Craig! :oops: :lol:
So we'd need to give them back the 13th pick in all the rounds 4 and below. :sad:

PhxRam

Lol that would be awesome..

With the second pick in the 2014 draft the Rams have traded the number two pick to the Rams for the 13th pick.

The Rams are now on the clock.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Too true Craig! :oops: :lol:
So we'd need to give them back the 13th pick in all the rounds 4 and below. :sad:
I wouldn't like that as much but may still be willing to make that trade. We'd pick 3, 13, 35, 45 and 77 (if I've figured correctly) without any further trades. Only selecting 5 players would also leave some money available for FA.

Alan

Legend
BigRamFan possibly forgetting Snishers history:
I wouldn't like that as much but may still be willing to make that trade. We'd pick 3, 13, 35, 45 and 77 (if I've figured correctly) without any further trades. Only selecting 5 players would also leave some money available for FA.
It sounds good (and probably is) at first glance but the lower rounds is where they have shined in the past.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Even though there isn't an RGIII who dictates a furor,between the rights to the second QB ,Clowney IMO gets us to very close to where we were last year and just now it occurs to me that some of those teams aught to be trading partners actually all of them are ,ie. Atlanta and TB both are .

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
First thing I do is bring Clowney in for a physical as soon as it's legal and let it be known we would use the pick for him or trade out, we are in essentially the same situation Detroit was when they picked Suh except the pick will cost SOOOOO much less

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I'd like to think Texas will stay put and we get to harvest a couple high picks for our # 2. They could wheel and deal and cut into our plans to pillage! Hope not!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I've been thinking about this and I have come to a conclusion.

We need more than the hype machine to go into full Sunshine Pumping mode. We also need to see a rumor float out that the Rams might be ready to move on from Bradford and will consider using the #2 on a QB. That'll help add to the urgency and will help a team make a bad decision.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Even though there isn't an RGIII who dictates a furor,between the rights to the second QB ,Clowney IMO gets us to very close to where we were last year and just now it occurs to me that some of those teams aught to be trading partners actually all of them are ,ie. Atlanta and TB both are .

Plus Snead has his Atl connections. I personally don't see anyone trading up to 2nd overall for Clowney as of right now. He's a great talent, but way too lazy to invest that much in. Plus his injury history, and him running himself out of plays all the time worry me.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I've been thinking about this and I have come to a conclusion.

We need more than the hype machine to go into full Sunshine Pumping mode. We also need to see a rumor float out that the Rams might be ready to move on from Bradford and will consider using the #2 on a QB. That'll help add to the urgency and will help a team make a bad decision.

That might help, but they didn't need it in 2012.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
I don't think that we are gonna clean up like last time, but I think we will definitely get some extra picks

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I don't think that we are gonna clean up like last time, but I think we will definitely get some extra picks
Yah just never know man, did you envission Washington having to surrender a pick the same level as the ONE they got,this far down the line

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
No I didn't, I would love it to happen again, but I'm a pessimist. Lol