I Strongly Feel Sam Will be Back

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yea, I'd rather us not reach for a rookie QB out of desperation. If we're taking a rookie QB high, it better be because he's the best value pick available.

No reason to force a QB pick and end up with a Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder, or Jake Locker.

I agree on the BPA notion whole heartedly. Had we reached for a QB rather than BPA in the last draft, we would currently have Johnny Manziel and Donald would possibly be on the Cowboys. Glad we didn't go that route.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Word on BPA. If it means drafting the best OG at #14 or #20 or whatever (we ARE winning out after all), then if he's the BPA by a bunch, then DO IT.

Folks wondered about us taking Donald.

Well... they ain't really wondering much anymore... Langford isn't a slouch and he's part of our BENCH!

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
What's a verb?

Now THAT was funny. :rockon:

As far as Bradford. First of all, he's not 13M, he's 9.5. 3.5's guaranteed.
So, no way we get him less than 5, so do you really want to take a chance on losing what could be a franchise QB for 4.5 M?

Hill's good for another year, so just do not draft a QB just to draft a QB.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Having watched Glennon here in Tampa, lemme just vote...no. Emphatically.

I gotta disagree. Obviously, the cost is going to matter but I'd take a shot on him if he could be had fairly cheap. I watched some of his games as well and I felt like he showed enough to be worth developing further. Don't think he's a future elite player but I thought he showed enough to be a solid game manager type...kind of like Carson Palmer in Arizona. Similar limitations with similar strengths although Palmer obviously has a major edge on experience.

Good enough starter to win with but not a guy that will carry the team. I think he can become that here. Tampa's kind of abused the poor kid. But I definitely saw things that I liked in his game.(along with some things that I didn't like)

FRO

Legend
Well, I agree with much of that, but the principle is important. I think it's important in establishing trust and maintaining one's integrity.

The one thing I would alter is that I'd keep Bradford and Hill and draft a QB high as the potential replacement for Bradford. If Bradford becomes the Franchise, then (hopefully) we have substantial trade bait in the rook who also hopefully takes over for Hill in a year or two...probably two.

I really, REALLY like the Aaron Rodgers plan. Much like Warner, he got lots of playing time outside of the NFL spotlight running the scout team and being in the same system so by the time he was picked to start, he was so, so ready...

Having watched Glennon here in Tampa, lemme just vote...no. Emphatically. Not exactly sure about Garapollo, but I'm thinking no. Also, based on his games not against the Rams, Derek Carr is playing lights out, so unless we throw a bevy of picks at them (I still wouldn't do more than a 1 this year and a conditional next year) and they are just IN LURVE with Winston, then there's no way Carr's going anywhere. I think he's starting to earn the Vet's trust there, especially in beating the Chiefs and 9ers. Those games mean something to that team.

I still like Hundley much more than you, but I agree that much will depend on his post-season workouts. I think if he's taught and brought along, he can really be special, but wouldn't start him right away.

That's pretty much it. Bradford, Hill and a Rookie on the Aaron Rodgers plan (not comparing him to Rodgers, just putting him on the "sit, learn and run the scout team against the best D in football" plan)
If Hundley is there in the second I take him. He isn't a first round QB to me.

FRO

Legend
Now THAT was funny. :rockon:

As far as Bradford. First of all, he's not 13M, he's 9.5. 3.5's guaranteed.
So, no way we get him less than 5, so do you really want to take a chance on losing what could be a franchise QB for 4.5 M?

Hill's good for another year, so just do not draft a QB just to draft a QB.
Totally agree with this. I don't want to be pigeonholed into having to take a QB in the draft. I like what I have in Bradford and Hill, if a quality QB is there in the draft then jump all on it.

Penguin.

Rookie
Don't let Bradford touch that field until it is the first game of the regular season. Let him get hit a couple times in practice, no knee shots, and training camp. But I swear if he gets injured in the preseason of all things, I will flip my cookies.

TexasRam

Legend
I hate to be that guy, but I simply cannot stand it anymore.

Dominate is a freaking VERB.
Dominant is a freaking ADJECTIVE.

Your definately wright Bro. Its wierd there not able to spell a basic word.

Weather or not their able to spell is huge! How else are we supposed make heads or tells of their post.

And let me tell you. I see this type of unprofessional posting alot. ALOT!

Memphis Ram

Legend
I agree. Build a dominate offensive line and good things will happen. Don't force a QB pick.
And rushing attack. Do that and if Trent Dilfer can't get a Super Bowl ring, then so can Shaun Hill.

Way too much focus on the QB position, IMO.

Last edited:

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
If you listen to what is said about Kroenke... He's into the Bellichick model Bigtime. Fisher isn't going anywhere, as you say.
Is this froma book, or from where? Just in general his statements about how he likes his teams run? thanks

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I think you almost have to head into next year hoping Bradford can stay upright. There isn't anybody in this draft or free agency class that would even come close to producing like a healthy Bradford would be able to next year. Of course, you can't depend on him seeing as he hasn't played a regular season game in almost two years, so you bring back Hill who you know can win football games for you, and then a developmental guy in the second or third round who you hope can be the next Wilson, Kaepernick, Foles, etc. (although the last two have hit some road bumps, they're still steals for where they were drafted).

Now pardon me while I go do some research and speculation into which prospects Snead may have been referring to with the patience comment.
Kapernick as a 2nd rounder isn't a steal....at least in my eyes. He is like Vick or Cunningham at the end of their careers...a good stop gap for 3 games

jjab360

Legend
Kapernick as a 2nd rounder isn't a steal....at least in my eyes. He is like Vick or Cunningham at the end of their careers...a good stop gap for 3 games
I don't like the guy either, but let's be honest for a second. Kaeperdick probably has the most raw talent of any QB in the league besides maybe Cam Newton. You don't find guys like him (although if you do you hope for a more tolerable personality) in the second round. He has inconsistent accuracy but still nowhere near as bad as Vick's and Cunningham was a pretty good QB so I don't see the problem there.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
If you can draft a QB and have Bradford it's not doing the same thing. It's giving yourself good options. There most likely won't be a more talented veteran QB than Bradford. He knows the system, so there is no learning curve. It makes sense to bring him back. Then add a guy in the draft along with a quality backup QB.

Yeah, as long as we draft someone who can play. That most likely takes a high pick. Let's see how it plays out.

jjab360

Legend
Is this froma book, or from where? Just in general his statements about how he likes his teams run? thanks
Straight from an interview with the late, great Bryan Burwell:
He is an ardent devotee of Bill Belichick and the way Darth Patriot has crafted New England into the NFL's signature championship organization. And if you want to know what the Kroenke Way is going to look like at Rams Park, you'd be wise to go read a wonderful book by former Boston Globe columnist Michael Holley called "War Room: The Legacy of Bill Belichick and the Art of Building the Perfect Team."
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colu...cle_2e3436b4-c9d1-5d04-8f18-5bab6b69929c.html

If you read the whole article, you can definitely see how his plan has come to fruition under coach Fisher.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I don't like the guy either, but let's be honest for a second. Kaeperdick probably has the most raw talent of any QB in the league besides maybe Cam Newton. You don't find guys like him (although if you do you hope for a more tolerable personality) in the second round. He has inconsistent accuracy but still nowhere near as bad as Vick's and Cunningham was a pretty good QB so I don't see the problem there.

Kaperdick cant's see the field, can't read defenses, can't get the ball to Vernon Davis.... I don't think those things are teachable. It's a common problem with Pistol / Shotgun QBs.

jjab360

Legend
Kaperdick cant's see the field, can't read defenses, can't get the ball to Vernon Davis.... I don't think those things are teachable. It's a common problem with Pistol / Shotgun QBs.
Maybe he gets it eventually, maybe he doesn't. The fact that he's been as succesful as he has with those flaws says a lot, though. Of course to say he can't see the field or can't read defenses at all would technically make him blind and illiterate and Davis had 850 yards and 13 TDs last year, so those flaws are exaggerated a bit. Trust me, I hate the guy just as much you do, but I'm trying to be objective here and to say that he was not a steal in the second round would just be me lying to myself.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Maybe he gets it eventually, maybe he doesn't. The fact that he's been as succesful as he has with those flaws says a lot, though. Of course to say he can't see the field or can't read defenses at all would technically make him blind and illiterate and Davis had 850 yards and 13 TDs last year, so those flaws are exaggerated a bit. Trust me, I hate the guy just as much you do, but I'm trying to be objective here and to say that he was not a steal in the second round would just be me lying to myself.

Put him in the right offense and he play him to his strengths and he's a star again. But, the 49ers added all those WRs and have tried to make a pocket passer out of him and viola.

More on Davis:

SANTA CLARA — Vernon Davis is the most prolific tight end in team history, so it must be hard for him to be the forgotten man in the 49ers offense.

"It's very hard,'' Davis acknowledged Wednesday. "I look at myself as a playmaker, not just someone who is blocking."

Davis has just 25 catches for 236 yards this season in the 49ers' 24th-ranked offense. He said it's his job to show up at practice every day and prove he's ready.

After that, his fate hinges on the play-calling of Greg Roman.

"As far as not getting the ball, that's up to the offensive coordinator,'' Davis said. "It's his call."

http://www.mercurynews.com/raiders/ci_27110020/49ers-vernon-davis-its-out-my-control?source=rss