I Guess FA14 is Pretty Much Over

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Well that was fast for our Rams lol. I'm actually really happy. At a minimum I just wanted Saffold or Verner... actually Verner a little more. After we had that scare of Saffold leaving, it made me realize how bad we needed him. I think we actually have a shot this year if our OL can play at a high level and stay healthy.

I'm all for a "Save now and pay our own guys later" approach. It's the way to do it.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well that was fast for our Rams lol. I'm actually really happy. At a minimum I just wanted Saffold or Verner... actually Verner a little more. After we had that scare of Saffold leaving, it made me realize how bad we needed him. I think we actually have a shot this year if our OL can play at a high level and stay healthy.

Agree, I got a feeling this is our year.

Disclaimer: I feel that way every year

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Agree, I got a feeling this is our year.

Disclaimer: I feel that way every year

Yeah, me too. Lol

Last year was a tremendous let down. However, it should be easy to bounce back from with the team's growth carrying over.

PhxRam

I guess my question is this.. Why cut guys if you dont plan on spending some of that money to find their replacements?

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I guess my question is this.. Why cut guys if you dont plan on spending some of that money to find their replacements?

We will through the draft. We'll have at least 4 high picks if we trade back.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We will through the draft. We'll have at least 4 high picks if we trade back.

Any money they don't spend this year can be used towards signing rams players they want to keep next year and beyond.

Still plenty of players in FA. No need to hurry, let the market come to you.

jap

Legend
FA isn't over. It comes in waves. The high priced FA's go in the first wave. Then you get more reasonably priced players some weeks later. There will be more FA's after the draft when teams dispose of veterans in favor of fresh rookie blood. Finally, there will be one last final wave during the roster cutdown periods just prior to the regular season.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Demoff said in that interview RamBill posted that he's saving money for future contracts that are coming up

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Demoff said in that interview RamBill posted that he's saving money for future contracts that are coming up
Yep. Cap mgmt. Nice. Namely Quinn who is going to break the bank.
This is also a big year for Kendricks. He's progressed as a *TE/role player/utility/blocker guy with inconsistent hands, but he hasn't lived up to my expectations as a pass catcher. I do think he's valuable though. You can't have pro bowlers at every position.

*New NFL position

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yep. Cap mgmt. Nice. Namely Quinn who is going to break the bank.
This is also a big year for Kendricks. He's progressed as a *TE/role player/utility/blocker guy with inconsistent hands, but he hasn't lived up to my expectations as a pass catcher. I do think he's valuable though. You can't have pro bowlers at every position.

*New NFL position

I hope we give Quinn everything he wants and more...i couldn't stomach him on another team.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The fat lady hasn't sung yet.
Is she fat or curvy? There's a difference. Someone get this memo to all the ladies out there who don't know what curvy means.
Curvy=good
fat=not good
:hijack:

Alan

Legend
Mojo Ram daydreaming:
Is she fat or curvy? There's a difference. Someone get this memo to all the ladies out there who don't know what curvy means.
Curvy=good
fat=not good

Rubenesque. You know, The Three Graces girls.
220px-The_Three_Graces%2C_by_Peter_Paul_Rubens%2C_from_Prado_in_Google_Earth.jpg

I guess we have to refer to them as tweeners. Not my cup of tea but doable. If you know what I mean. Of course that's why they call her the fat lady.
Here's the real one: Ethel Merman. Not bad when she was younger. She sang at the end of the Philadelphia Flyers hockey games and that's how you knew it was over.
mermcolor.jpg

images

Sorry for all that information. It's that time of night and I got on a roll. :LOL: Going to bed now.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I don't thing Kendricks will be cheap, either. Teams will see how he can run, block, and catch and they'll throw some stupid money at him... ugh

Our team is gonna be heavily targeted in FA over the next several years.