I designed a new helmet (w/Poll)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which Facemask for my new helmet design?

• Black

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • Gray

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Yellow

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • White

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Blue

Votes: 36 48.6%

• Total voters

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Uniform Poll thread got me thinking this morning. If the Rams organization is really listening to fan input into new Uniforms/Colors, etc, it wouldn't hurt to throw my idea into the mix. I played around in Photoshop this morning, and here is what I came up with. I know it won't be for everybody, but I like it a lot. I wanted to stay true to what I grew up with, but do something to make it pop (without overdoing it). I would love to hear any critical feedback. I am a blue & yellow guy, through and through.

I created different color face masks, and I really like the Black/Charcoal, but I thought it would be fun to put up a poll and see what everybody likes. I really like the subtle highlight and Shadow on the horn. It gives the helmet a touch of a 3D feel. I hope you guys like it.
TG_Rams_Helmet_-Black_FM.jpg

TG_Rams_Helmet_-Grey_FM.jpg

TG_Rams_Helmet_-Yellow_FM.jpg

TG_Rams_Helmet_-White_FM.jpg

TG_Rams_Helmet_-Blue_FM.jpg

bluecoconuts

Legend
I went with blue, although I won't lie, these concepts are the first time I saw yellow and didn't hate it.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
I'm a blue and white guy, that's what I grew up with in the 70's, than the blue and yellow .
Not much of a fan of the current, essentially the current with the blue and white helmets, that to me is embarrassing.
I give you credit for your time, a really nice job. It doesn't matter to me which of the throw backs they go to, just so they change the current uniforms.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I thought it was for the blue and white helmets...and I picked white...

551staaa

Unsubstantiated Reality
I went with blue, as long as it matches the blue on the helmet, which should match the blue on the jersey. This is the best helmet design I've seen. I like the hint of white highlights on the horn and the gold really pops out from the blue. Really nice job.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Yellow facemask. Let's be different yo.

These are really cool. Kudos.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Blue looks best to me but the Black isn't that bad either.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The white highlight on the horn is a nice touch. Well done with these, @tklongball . They are ALL awesome.

I like where the Rams are going with the current blue and white. I am a little nervous with the bridge-strategy to the fully new uniforms... but the practice uni's show the potential.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The Uniform Poll thread got me thinking this morning. If the Rams organization is really listening to fan input into new Uniforms/Colors, etc, it wouldn't hurt to throw my idea into the mix. I played around in Photoshop this morning, and here is what I came up with. I know it won't be for everybody, but I like it a lot. I wanted to stay true to what I grew up with, but do something to make it pop (without overdoing it). I would love to hear any critical feedback. I am a blue & yellow guy, through and through.

I created different color face masks, and I really like the Black/Charcoal, but I thought it would be fun to put up a poll and see what everybody likes. I really like the subtle highlight and Shadow on the horn. It gives the helmet a touch of a 3D feel. I hope you guys like it.

My man. I love the metallic-almost look of the horns. Would prefer true metallic gold but that look of yours is an improvement and also brings a fresh look. Also it's a nice shade of blue, although I do prefer the navy blue they currently use.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I've always liked mock ups that have a little border on the horns, and it's a way to help tie colors in, but have only seen a few. The way you did it with black and white is something I haven't seen before and it adds a little depth to it AND widens them a bit which I like. This is the best looking helmet mock up I've seen. With a pure white face mask that thing would look fantastic.

No joke dude, you should send that to the Rams. That's my favorite of all time. Pair that helmet with a white face mask, white pants and a matching blue stripe (though I prefer the dual thin stripe I know they are going with one wide stripe) and blue jersey with the same outlines as you did on the helmets on the numbers and names and it would be gorgeous. You should mock that up a little and email it to them.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I went with blue, although I won't lie, these concepts are the first time I saw yellow and didn't hate it.

I used to dislike the yellow a little but. But after a couple of years of the yuck blue and that terrible gold color I was converted.

And good god the little Rams logo on the shoulder was awful. Someone here called it the snail logo and that was on the money.

The white highlight on the horn is a nice touch

Take a closer look, it's white and black, and it's superb.

I like where the Rams are going with the current blue and white.

I think the "bridge" is going to see some playing with different ideas. I think the NFL is going to give them some leeway and will let them test the waters with a few different looks.

My man. I love the metallic-almost look of the horns. Would prefer true metallic gold but that look of yours is an improvement and also brings a fresh look. Also it's a nice shade of blue, although I do prefer the navy blue they currently use.

Yeah the current blue on the practice uni's is a good shade.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've always liked mock ups that have a little border on the horns, and it's a way to help tie colors in, but have only seen a few. The way you did it with black and white is something I haven't seen before and it adds a little depth to it AND widens them a bit which I like. This is the best looking helmet mock up I've seen. With a pure white face mask that thing would look fantastic.

No joke dude, you should send that to the Rams. That's my favorite of all time. Pair that helmet with a white face mask, white pants and a matching blue stripe (though I prefer the dual thin stripe I know they are going with one wide stripe) and blue jersey with the same outlines as you did on the helmets on the numbers and names and it would be gorgeous. You should mock that up a little and email it to them.

I would be happy to submit it to them, but I have no idea where to send it. I will be working on jersy/pants combinations over the next couple weeks, hopefully. If anybody has an email address, or a place I can submit it, I will do it.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Looks awesome! I went with the yellow facemask.. really stood out to me. I like the white highlight/shadow on the horns, too.

Could you make one with the dark blue as matte? Kind of like the Vikings helmets? I think that with the horns being metallic would be awesome.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
TG_Rams_Helmet_-Yellow_Horns.jpg

I yellowed up the horns a bit, and I like it a lot better.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I liked yellow, voted, and blue, just as well.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And Finally, a lighter blue with the more yellow horns. I am just playing around with some ideas, but please keep the feedback coming. (I personally like the Darker Blue better... I think.).
TG_Rams_Helmet_-Lighter_Blue_Yellow_Horns.jpg

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Seriously I like that Blue and Yellow. Who cares if it looks like Cal. Goff would appreciate it.