How good would a moblie qb be?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I like watching them scramble and I like to watch them get clobbered for doing it. My QB? Be a Warner and I'll be happy

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Mobile QBs bring a dynamic to the field, but they are hardly a new aspect. See Randall Cunningham and Mike Vick.

See no rings.
That depends on how you define "mobile QB". Running QBs in the mold of Vick, Cunningham and RGIII have no rings so far, but people like Steve Young and Russell Wilson have been called mobile and they have rings.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Find me a Steve McNair and ill say hell yea. he was a huge strong agile predominately pocket passer unless challenged then he would throw you off him run and make huge plays. Like the ones he made almost beating the Rams in 2000 SB. RIP McNair and show respect

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Mobile QBs are overrated, the best 'mobile' QBs are always the guys would threw first and only tucked and ran when they were in trouble, but they were good at that tucking and running when they did it. Guys who try to run as much as they try to pass as if it should be an inherent part of their game aren't good, the Kaepernicks and the Wilsons all rely on their legs to compliment their arms usually do so because their arms aren't all that great in the grand scheme of it. Innovate the game all they want, but the QB's duties will always come down to throwing the ball and with a couple of spies and LBers a running QB can be blanked out almost completely.

They're the next big fade every single year though, there'll always be one of them doing something new that can never be stopped, then it's stopped and all is quiet until another one with a different shtick shows up.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
The thing about read-option QBs is that they are expected to run. At some point, it becomes predictable. What makes the pocket passers like Elway and Young so devastating when they run is that they know when to run. In other words, they aren't predictable, particularly as they gained experience learning defenses.

fearsomefour

Legend
There is a difference between mobile and running. Running QB, hell to the no.
A QB doesn't have to fast on his feet to buy time. Warner was great at moving in the pocket and sliding to buy time. The team is put together to have a pocket passer (almost without exception the formula for success) so a pocket passer is what I want.
One of the biggest factors in a QB "buying time" is reading blitzes and coverages (knowing hot reads and how much time he will have) pre snap and being on time with his receivers. When I see a QB running around like a loon all the time it tells me he can't read defenses.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
The best statistical game Donovan McNabb HAD up to that point in his career,was the game he played with a broken ankle and could not run, I was never a big fan of mobile QB's up to that point ,IMO that game proved my point and I haven't looked back UNTIL I bought into the RG craze ,then he got hurt and luckily for him it wasn't in the first game he played against us.
Elway was great but his ethos was throw first, and that's rare with a runner, Steve Young ,but they ar as I said those who can do it well, Aaron Rogers, but the speedster guys suck you in and break your heart