How does Tomlin not get fired?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
He has single handidly dismantled this team. Simply by firing Bruce Arians and hiring Todd Haley, who NO ONE GETS ALONG WITH! I'm bettin Cowher(spell check) is just waiting for him to be fired so he can go back home.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Tomlin is a product of the Steelers system. If he was coaching the Rams in 2006, he'd be a nobody.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Tomlin is a product of the Steelers system. If he was coaching the Rams in 2006, he'd be a nobody.

If he was given the same powers as Linehan with Zygmunt overlooking him, yeah, he might not succeed.

But that goes for most coaches, with coaches like Belichick, Fisher, and Reid being coaches that have succeeded with final say over personnel.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Steelers winning Reggie Bush just fumbled carrying ball in wrong hand :slap:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Watching those Steelers throwback jerseys makes me want to go on an African Safari hunt.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Because since the became the Pittsburgh Steelers (from Pittsburgh Pirates) they have only had 13 different head coaches.

The people who own the show know that after one bad season it doesn't necessarily mean you forgot how to coach.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Because since the became the Pittsburgh Steelers (from Pittsburgh Pirates) they have only had 13 different head coaches.

The people who own the show know that after one bad season it doesn't necessarily mean you forgot how to coach.

Pretty much. But I'm w/ Juggs on the whole Todd Haley thing. He just seems liike a douche.

Keep Mike...fire Todd Haley.

Angry Ram

And THAT is why Mike Tomlin shouldn't get fired.

Dude is like a young Jeff Fisher. He's gonna hold a team together during the tough times.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
He has single handidly dismantled this team. Simply by firing Bruce Arians and hiring Todd Haley, who NO ONE GETS ALONG WITH! I'm bettin Cowher(spell check) is just waiting for him to be fired so he can go back home.
Yea, fire the guy who's been to two super bowls and won one:cray:

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yea he sure built those teams didn't he? Oh wait, nope. He was handed those teams and staff stayed I believe also. What has he done lately except slowly dismantle this team?

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Classic example of why being successful at GM mode on Madden doesn't mean you know what your talking about. I'm going to play a flight simulator game so I can go fly a fighter jet next week....:bigup:

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
Classic example of why being successful at GM mode on Madden doesn't mean you know what your talking about. I'm going to play a flight simulator game so I can go fly a fighter jet next week....:bigup:
Wow, that a real cute comment, I see your point, and with the facts you brought to the table, I can see why Tomlin deserves to stay...my bad! Way to be a :jerkoff:

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Yea he sure built those teams didn't he? Oh wait, nope. He was handed those teams and staff stayed I believe also. What has he done lately except slowly dismantle this team?
That's a tired argument. Do you give credit to all coaches for building teams or does that only work when it meets your agenda?
Go look at his record as a head coach, then tell me the name of any sane owner who would fire him.Take that for what it's worth.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
How is that a tired argument? Am I not entitled to my opinion? It's an argument I haven't heard much of, I think I may be the only one out there callin for his job.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
What agenda could I possibly have? It isn't even a team I give a shit about. He allowed his defense to get old and slow, he failed to replace Bettis, his most explosive player is gone (Wallace), he fired Arians and brought in a guy who fails everywhere he goes and no one likes, his QB wants out. Also, he has 1 Super Bowl, not two. The other was Cowher

Angry Ram

What agenda could I possibly have? It isn't even a team I give a shyte about. He allowed his defense to get old and slow, he failed to replace Bettis, his most explosive player is gone (Wallace), he fired Arians and brought in a guy who fails everywhere he goes and no one likes, his QB wants out. Also, he has 1 Super Bowl, not two. The other was Cowher

Well I give a shit about the Steelers.

The defense is a mixture of young and old. They are developing and getting older at the same time. As a result they are having issues. They aren't bad.

Mike Wallace is overrated. He sure turned around Miami.

Jerome Bettis? Remember Willie Parker? Rashard Mendenhall was a disappointment, but Le'Veon Bell looks to be a stud.

I already agreed about Todd Haley. That's a failure.

His QB doesn't want out. Mike Tomlin and Ben have grown more together (obviously cuz they've been together) than Bill Cowher.

The Rooneys and Kevin Colbet aren't gonna fire Mike Tomlin after 1 bad year. That's not their style.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
Willie Parker? He had like 3 solid years, not solid, good years. Lot of potential in him, Mendenhall, obviously a failure, I don't think Wallace is overrated, I think he is overpaid. No one on the dolphins can do shit.
I would love to see bell do good, I wanted the rams to get him, but who knows. My op was basically a reflection of the way they did Arians and how well he was doing with AZ. It wasn't really to get in a steelers debate.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Why do you care about the Steelers and/or hate Tomlin so much? They've been in the playoffs every year except last since he's been there, and he won a superbowl. They've been winning games after that slow start this season -- they have the same record as us now. He's a players coach like Fisher.

A55VA6

Legend
Tomlin should be fired. Team has been on the downhill slope since Haley was hired.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
It all comes back to Arians to me. They did him dirty and when u let go that kind of coach that you QB was perfect for his offense and you bring in Haley....that's a fireable offense to me.