How does the Falcon's stadium deal effect the Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Here is the deal Atlanta just got. This looks VERY REASONABLE for the taxpayers in Atlanta;

<a class="postlink" href="http://msn.foxsports.com/lacesout/nfl-poneys-up-for-new-stadium-in-atlanta/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://msn.foxsports.com/lacesout/nfl-p ... n-atlanta/</a>

The Falcons have climbed another hurdle in their quest for a new stadium in Atlanta, receiving a fat $200 million loan from the NFL on Tuesday, according to NFL.com. League owners approved the money at the NFL Spring Meeting in Boston.

The stadium is expected to cost as much as $1 billion. So, where is the rest of the money supposed to come from? An additional $200 million is expected to come from public bonds while team owner Arthur Blank will be responsible for the rest.

The team will continue to use the Georgia Dome until the new stadium opens in 2017, at which point it will be demolished.

bluecoconuts

Legend
That's more like how it should be. Owners who refuse to pay a cent (*cough*) shouldn't get a new stadium, hell they shouldn't have a team.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, Stan has more money than Blank so IMO $200mil from the league $200mil from the public and Stan puts up the rest for a retractable roof stadium with hotels, shops and the game day experience and thus the Gateway City hosts a Super Bowl and it's the biggest thing to hit St. Louis since the 1904 World's Fair.

3423549999_9bb93c5d04.jpg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
And as long as Stan has control of the venue, I would be surprised if he doesn't do something just like it if not actually one upping what ATL is doing. He may even garner a bit more support from the NFL and City if he does something too grand for them to pass up.

St Louis should jump and I mean JUMP at the opportunity if he wants $250 mil (for example) to go along with his $700 mil or so and the NFL's $200 mil. I guarantee that it won't be some meh facility and destination. It also might be worth just seeing potentially an upper end Walmart SUPER DUPER store. :sly: I can see something similar to the Mall of America - Walmart style. Can you imagine the pictures of THOSE customers circling the internet?

ShaneG

Starter
$200 million is pretty much the top loan/GRANT that the NFL is providing currently. That number must be matched (or exceeded) by team to qualify for it.

At a bare minimum, that puts the stadium chase at $400 million for a starting point.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
ShaneG said:
$200 million is pretty much the top loan/GRANT that the NFL is providing currently. That number must be matched (or exceeded) by team to qualify for it.

At a bare minimum, that puts the stadium chase at $400 million for a starting point.

Kinda what I figured. I think it would take a grand argument in order to justify giving one NFL team more than another. Of course, it might come down to the total price tag for the project and how much it benefits the NFL. But in the near future, I wouldn't count on more than the ATL project.

As far as the city/county/state is concerned, if Stan is going to build something on a piece of land that would otherwise go vacant and therefore non-revenue producing for years, they better be tripping over themselves to make it happen.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
nighttrain said:
See old Chrysler grounds!
train

There is a lot of smoke to that story. It's too obvious to ignore.

That Chrysler lot, souped up by the county with access ramps, services, and other perks... plus some tax payer dough, plus, league loan would get this deal done I bet.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
LosAngelesRams said:
The Rams are coming back to L.A. Sorry guys :hehe:
That remains to be seen, and has been WAY over-discussed.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
LosAngelesRams said:
X said:
LosAngelesRams said:

Soon Dude, Soon. :sly:
I honestly think they are as well but regardless of where it is I am really excited to go and root them on in a new stadium!

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
When Stan bought his share his condition was they had to move to stl why woulf he move now

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Rabid Ram said:
When Stan bought his share his condition was they had to move to stl why woulf he move now

Because it fits nicely into some people's fantasies.

Hahahahahahaha.....sad but true.

Mebbe the Raidahs will move back to LA.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
The Rammer said:
LosAngelesRams said:
X said:
LosAngelesRams said:

Soon Dude, Soon. :sly:
I honestly think they are as well but regardless of where it is I am really excited to go and root them on in a new stadium!

hell yeah man, me too!! :cheers:

if they do come here man... my son and I will for sure be season ticket holders every year... man that would be the shit.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
LesBaker said:
Rabid Ram said:

Because it fits nicely into some people's fantasies.

Hahahahahahaha.....sad but true.

Mebbe the Raidahs will move back to LA.
yup I get,what your sayin I mean 2 teams leave because LA is a baseball/basketball town that and I dont wanna see all them crypts in la using rams Jerseys as there colors lol

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Every other teams stadium issues got resolved relatively fast compared to this situation.

The only SAD truth is The Rams will stay only if STL breaks the bank and STL has still not agreed to put the money up. The Rams are getting a new stadium.

p1HxsFi.jpg

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
LosAngelesRams said:
Every other teams stadium issues got resolved relatively fast compared to this situation.

The only SAD truth is The Rams will stay only if STL breaks the bank and STL has still not agreed to put the money up. The Rams are getting a new stadium.
That's the only correct part of your post. The EJ Dome is now a temporary home of the Rams until Stan decides where and what type of stadium he plans to build in the STL area.

Minnesota went through at least 2 votes over 4 years before they finally settled their stadium issues. San Diego still hasn't resolved theirs, and that's been going on since ... hell I can't remember. I think they were getting close back in 2006 when they went 14-2, but that ended badly all around.

nighttrain

Legend
Los Angeles gets it's own team when the Chargers or Raiders move back. They both have owners that wont put up the dough themselves. Two groups in SO Cal have the money, but want part ownership..

Stan gets league loan, some help from the city( maybe they gift him the old Chrysler grounds), but Rams are in St Louis
train
ps and I grew up watching and lovin the Rams in LA. Was to the old Coliseum and Anaheim Stadium for games

ShaneG

Starter
LosAngelesRams said:

p1HxsFi.jpg

What?? Seriously?

This process has BARELY STARTED in comparison to other cities.

Minnesota goes back to 1998. Doomsday scenarios started there over ten years ago. San Diego has been on a year to year lease for over a decade. San Francisco first started talking about a stadium in 1997.