How bad is Stafford hurt?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
They aren’t excuses they are factual observations.
OBJ was clearly hurt by his body language. Didn't see Stafford in any pain. Not saying he isn't, but it's obviously not effecting him as much as OBJ was by his body language.

Stafford has also been inconsistent this whole season. Starting slow and picking it up in the second half, or not at all like today. So what factual observations are you referring to?

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
OBJ was clearly hurt by his body language. Didn't see Stafford in any pain. Not saying he isn't, but it's obviously not effecting him as much as OBJ was by his body language.

Stafford has also been inconsistent this whole season. Starting slow and picking it up in the second half, or not at all like today. So what factual observations are you referring to?
There is no statistical evidence that Stafford had slow starts in games during the beginning of the year.

His throws today in the first quarter were terrible. Consistently behind and low to his targets, it looked like he couldn’t or wouldn’t rip the ball like he did early in the year.

It’s easy to find play by play and statistics to see what he was doing in the first month.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
There is no statistical evidence that Stafford had slow starts in games during the beginning of the year.

His throws today in the first quarter were terrible. Consistently behind and low to his targets, it looked like he couldn’t or wouldn’t rip the ball like he did early in the year.

It’s easy to find play by play and statistics to see what he was doing in the first month.
Watch the beginning of every game this season, he has consistently overthrew or thrown behind his receiver.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Watch the beginning of every game this season, he has consistently overthrew or thrown behind his receiver.
No he didn’t but you have a right to your opinion even if it’s wrong.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
I’m not sure what some of you are watching but his accuracy has been shit all year. Go back and watch him overthrow wide open guys and underthrow deep passes then watch him throw behind receivers on cross routes. He’s not hurt he is Stafford he’s always been like this. He has most of his yardage in garbage time. First couple games receivers were wide open now they are covered and his inaccurate passes are more obvious.

Rams77

Starter
Stafford has been erratic all year in the beginning of games. Look at the Tampa and Detroit game. The Seattle game. The Cards game. The Niners and Titans and Packers games obviously. We need to get back to do doing more play action which means running the ball more effectively. Play Action gives more time for the QB and for the receiver to create separation because the defense has to hesitate. Stop with the 40 dropback passes per game nonsense. McVay wants to pretend Stafford is the greatest gunslinger of all-time. Run the FUCKING ball. Wheres the end arounds? Bootlegs.? RAC was a staple of this offense. Just frustrating to watch this implosion
PS. Rodgers was hurt today too-did he play like shit? Where are his excuses? Missing 3 of his 5 starting Olineman too and a gimpy Aaron Jones. Everyone is banged up in Week 12. Stop with the shitty excuses for our QBs shitty play

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
PS. Rodgers was hurt today too-did he play like shit? Where are his excuses? Missing 3 of his 5 starting Olineman too and a gimpy Aaron Jones. Everyone is banged up in Week 12. Stop with the shitty excuses for our QBs shitty play
Exactly.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know what it is, but it's a problem. While we have the explosive element we've lacked since 2018, we've lost that methodical element. Stafford needs to execute more consistently. Because we have to be able to sustain drives.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Stafford’s feelings are hurt & his mind set. Hard to say,but he is weak when it comes to body strength Imo.
I sort of wish I could have seen Bryce Perkins last night knowing that this game would go down as a loss anyways.There is so many running lanes & passing lanes.In fact I’d like to see Kevin O’Connell calling the plays as well.
Truth is there are some of those series The Rams would have been better off.

Rams77

Starter
Every Lions fan I talk to says the same thing. Stafford has a handful of games where he looks like an MVP and then alot of games where he throws inaccurate passes and turns the ball over. Cant win big games. I didnt want to believe it. I remember another big arm QB who put up great stats that could never win big games in the 80’s-Warren Moon

Tano

Legend
Especially if you include the 3 td passes Stafford threw to the other team!
Okay I watched the All 22 on the interception and although it wasn't a good pass by Stafford, I am not sure why Kupped stopped running on the play.

Stafford threw to where he thought Kupp was going to be and Kupp stopped about a foot away. It was a very heads up play by the GB cornerback but if Kupp kept going another foot, the GB cornerback would have had to run over Kupps back to intercept that pass.

So I am putting that pass on bad communication between Kupp and Stafford for some reason. Usually their communication is on point.

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
My expectations of him and the Rams have cratered. After week 8 I thought this guy would win MVP. If he's hurt fine, but he's also 33 and took 12 years of poundage in Detroit. His TD throws were also beautiful on the money throws, so is he only hurt when he misfires?

Rams do not run the same offense with Stafford. Way more shotgun empty sets, they didn't do that with Goff. They rolled Goff out more and tried to give him easy looks. Stafford on his sacks seems like he's holding the ball too long looking deep. Way more play action with Goff. Rams do not establish a run game, ever.

His pick 6 was atrocious and telegraphed on Sunday.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
My expectations of him and the Rams have cratered. After week 8 I thought this guy would win MVP. If he's hurt fine, but he's also 33 and took 12 years of poundage in Detroit. His TD throws were also beautiful on the money throws, so is he only hurt when he misfires?

Rams do not run the same offense with Stafford. Way more shotgun empty sets, they didn't do that with Goff. They rolled Goff out more and tried to give him easy looks. Stafford on his sacks seems like he's holding the ball too long looking deep. Way more play action with Goff. Rams do not establish a run game, ever.

His pick 6 was atrocious and telegraphed on Sunday.
Yep, him being hurt is part of the package they signed up for.

It's why I would have preferred Goff and use a higher pick on a QB that could challenge him eventually. McVay should be able to develop a 2nd or 3rd round QB.

Mortgaging everything to win Donald a SB might result in cratering the future and him eventually being traded or let go during a rebuild to save cap room down the road. That would be sad to see him with another team 3 yrs from now.

Rams77

Starter
Yep, him being hurt is part of the package they signed up for.

It's why I would have preferred Goff and use a higher pick on a QB that could challenge him eventually. McVay should be able to develop a 2nd or 3rd round QB.

Mortgaging everything to win Donald a SB might result in cratering the future and him eventually being traded or let go during a rebuild to save cap room down the road. That would be sad to see him with another team 3 yrs from now.
im not a huge Maroon 5 fan but their song “Beautiful Mistakes” describes the Rams moves this season.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Okay I watched the All 22 on the interception and although it wasn't a good pass by Stafford, I am not sure why Kupped stopped running on the play.

Stafford threw to where he thought Kupp was going to be and Kupp stopped about a foot away. It was a very heads up play by the GB cornerback but if Kupp kept going another foot, the GB cornerback would have had to run over Kupps back to intercept that pass.

So I am putting that pass on bad communication between Kupp and Stafford for some reason. Usually their communication is on point.
Kupp thought sit down in the Zone…Stafford saw Man?

would explain the miscommunication…happens all the time

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not addressing the oline in the off season was a huge mistake. No use trading for Stafford if you can’t protect him. The Atwell pick looks like a total whiff , and wasn’t a need. There was quality lineman available when they picked. What happens if one or two go down with injuries ? Thinking a 40 year old tackle will hold up for 17 games is pretty risky. Plus they need to replace him next year , with very little draft capital. It’s not like there is two or three pro bowlers on this line. Barely average at best. Still wondering how they will restock and fill the roster next year and beyond.
Let’s hope they catch fire the rest of the year. There’s no powerhouse teams this year, so who knows what will happen.
Go Rams

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I don't know what it is, but it's a problem. While we have the explosive element we've lacked since 2018, we've lost that methodical element. Stafford needs to execute more consistently. Because we have to be able to sustain drives.
And not sustaining drives taxes your Defense, the Rams time of possession has gone from top 5 to bottom 4 in a year...lol, that wasn’t suppose to happen

You guys can draw your own conclusions as to why and the overall team effect that comes with it

Last edited: