Holding?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

Just curious what constitutes holding in the NFL....

Attachments

• ramsniners4.jpg
    ramsniners4.jpg
    448 KB · Views: 252
  • ramsniners5.jpg
    ramsniners5.jpg
    420.5 KB · Views: 260

UnknownREknown

Well-unKnown Member
Thats actually not holding. It would be holding however if someone in a white jersey were to do it to one with a red jersey..

iced

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
bluecoconuts said:
When it helps whichever team the refs didn't put money on.

Lol right.

I understand there's holding on every play, there's going to be missed calls, etc.

But When you're Looking RIGHT AT IT... Come on Man..

RamzFanz

Damnit
I wouldn't even want to try to count the missed calls that game.

Too bad ref's pay isn't based on performance.

iced

RamzFanz said:
I wouldn't even want to try to count the missed calls that game.

Too bad ref's pay isn't based on performance.

yea me either - i was just watching the all 22 tape and that stood out to me - especially when i saw the ref watching him the whole time.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Looking at that shot there's also hands to the face on the right side and the other ref is out of the pic.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
EastRam said:
Looking at that shot there's also hands to the face on the right side and the other ref is out of the pic.

Sure looks like it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It's like they say ... the refs could call holding on every play if they wanted to. It just would be nice if they weren't so fucking selective AGAINST the Rams. Someone (maybe me) needs to check and see if there's a disproportionate amount of holding calls against the lower tier teams in relation to the upper echelon teams.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
X said:
It's like they say ... the refs could call holding on every play if they wanted to. It just would be nice if they weren't so freaking selective AGAINST the Rams. Someone (maybe me) needs to check and see if there's a disproportionate amount of holding calls against the lower tier teams in relation to the upper echelon teams.

That would be a good exercise.

Hurry up!

iced

huge difference between missing a call and not knowing what one is....

clearly, this is the latter

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
iced said:

Actually, if the O-linemen have their hands out in front of the defender, it normally won't get called. If you're "hooking" as the guy goes by, then it is. But you'd have to see the O-lineman behind the defender to get that call. It's borderline in those still shots, but it could have gone either way.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
X said:
It's like they say ... the refs could call holding on every play if they wanted to. It just would be nice if they weren't so fucking selective AGAINST the Rams. Someone (maybe me) needs to check and see if there's a disproportionate amount of holding calls against the lower tier teams in relation to the upper echelon teams.

Moose Johnson said during 1 of the Rams games this season that if your team has a reputation for penalties you will be called more often even if it is an iffy call, whereas if your team has a rep for being good and well coached you will get away with the iffy ones and some blatant ones. Im just paraphrasing but that was the jist of it, I think it was during the Atlanta game.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamBall said:
X said:

Moose Johnson said during 1 of the Rams games this season that if your team has a reputation for penalties you will be called more often even if it is an iffy call, whereas if your team has a rep for being good and well coached you will get away with the iffy ones and some blatant ones. Im just paraphrasing but that was the jist of it, I think it was during the Atlanta game.
Sounds kinda fucked up doesn't it? How do you get away from the reputation of being highly penalized if the refs are tacking on more penalties just because of your reputation for penalties?

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
X said:
RamBall said:
X said:

Sounds kinda fucked up doesn't it? How do you get away from the reputation of being highly penalized if the refs are tacking on more penalties just because of your reputation for penalties?

Just win baby........

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
X said:

Let me assist here...

No need to do the research ... The popular team will always receive the benefit of the flag.

$

iced

X said:
iced said:

Actually, if the O-linemen have their hands out in front of the defender, it normally won't get called. If you're "hooking" as the guy goes by, then it is. But you'd have to see the O-lineman behind the defender to get that call. It's borderline in those still shots, but it could have gone either way.

yeaaa but when a defender starts getting bent backwards, that's usually holding...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
EastRam said:

It happens often to Long. Refs tend to ignore it.

moklerman

Warner-phile
The coffin corner punt that the ref called a touchback was the one that sent me over the edge. I usually don't bother getting upset about the ref's but that play was just too blatant.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
X said:
RamBall said:
X said:

Perhaps that explains why we're so heavily penalized every game? We're trying to stop, but we keep getting called for the iffy ones or like the game in Atlanta that could go either way always go against our favor.

It's like an inescapable loop, to be less penalized you need to play better, but if you don't you'll be penalized more, meaning you'll never be able to play a less penalized game.