HOF game/Dolphins uniforms

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

moklerman

Warner-phile
So everyone knows the HOF game is only an NFL game in name only. The starters usually never play much, if at all and the play calling is rarely "real" either.

But, so what? It's the start of the NFL season and I always enjoy christening the new year even if it's two teams I care little about. In general, there isn't really much to talk about after this game as it's far too early and there's far too little information to really form opinions about.

I wouldn't be too thrilled if I was a Dolphins fan though. They didn't look good at all. The way they played football and literally how they looked. Those new uniforms really didn't look good to me at all. I think it's a real mistake to minimize the color orange as much as they have and the dark blue stripe down the middle of the helmets didn't look good either.

The only thing I could surmise is that they intentionally want to look like a dolphin in water with all the blues and little orange. I guess that's a plan but it didn't work nearly as well as their old uniforms and it's a bit disappointing to me to see them mess up one of the iconic uniforms in the history of the NFL. I didn't mind them streamlining the Dolphin logo but the overall change seems pretty drastic to me.

Reminded me very much of the old USFL Portland/Boston/New Orleans Breakers:
Walton_John_Breakers2_USFL.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You dare defile my forum with talk about the guppies?

Choose your weapon.

3289493_6828884_lz.jpg

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Im not talking about the failphins. That said though id choose the fireflower

moklerman

Warner-phile
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:

Choose your weapon.

3289493_6828884_lz.jpg
Well, to be fair, the forum is titled: "Rams/NFL talk". I actually looked to make sure there wasn't a better place to go with it.

I admit, I usually lurk more than post but I didn't realize you wanted to keep the forum Rams only. I thought NFL talk would be acceptable.

No biggie to me. As I said, I don't really care about the Dolphins or Cowboys, was just excited about the NFL year actually starting and wanted to talk about it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
moklerman said:
X said:

Choose your weapon.

3289493_6828884_lz.jpg
Well, to be fair, the forum is titled: "Rams/NFL talk". I actually looked to make sure there wasn't a better place to go with it.

I admit, I usually lurk more than post but I didn't realize you wanted to keep the forum Rams only. I thought NFL talk would be acceptable.

No biggie to me. As I said, I don't really care about the Dolphins or Cowboys, was just excited about the NFL year actually starting and wanted to talk about it.

I think he's just flicking buggers at you.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
moklerman said:

It is Rams - NFL Talk.

However. The guppies aren't considered part of the NFL as far as I'm concerned.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Looked like a Dolphin fucking a football.

moklerman

Warner-phile
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
moklerman said:

It is Rams - NFL Talk.

However. The guppies aren't considered part of the NFL as far as I'm concerned.
Touche'.

Incidentally, I would have sworn that the USFL Breakers were from Orlando. Man, my memory's getting worse all the time.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Angry Ram said:
They were fuckin ugly.

Meh...I think that's a bit harsh, maybe even cliche to say about a uniform you don't like.

I don't think they are ugly...just lame. The changes aren't bold enough to make a casual fan notice...and have changed the things that make them classic that more loyal fan does notice. JMO

GcBean

Rookie
Name
Gil
I didn't mind the uniforms. I've always hated their colors, but last night I said, "they don't look too bad now." JMO though.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I thought the Oilers were back in Houston. I thought the unis sucked monkey balls just like the Dolphins so maybe appropriate.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I didn't see the game (not much anyway)... But the helmet logo they previewed a few months made the dolphin look like a hard dick, eh?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
I like the Phins new unis. I really hated their old ones and these are big improvements IMO.

The Dolphins new uni's looked like a poor attempt at designing new uni's for a franchise in Madden. That giant stripe, the weak logo, the turquoise. Maybe in time I will grow to like them, but yeesh.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
The Dade County Tilapias?

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
TheRyanExpress exhibiting the best characteristics of a friend:
The Dolphins new uni's looked like a poor attempt at designing new uni's for a franchise in Madden. That giant stripe, the weak logo, the turquoise. Maybe in time I will grow to like them, but yeesh.

You're exactly the kind of guy I want to go bar hopping with. Sounds like we wouldn't ever be competing for the same women. :cheers:

You do like the fat ones right? :lol:

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I was just thinking those neon blues were going to burn out my goddamn TV screen.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
albefree69 said:
I like the Phins new unis. I really hated their old ones and these are big improvements IMO.
Admit it albe you only like em cause they are bright and easy to see ;p

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Rabid Ram with a valid observation:
Admit it albe you only like em cause they are bright and easy to see ;p

Quite possibly! :lol:

I look at it this way, I hated the Phins unis back when I could still see good so anything else is a step up. Every time I look at their old helmets I think of Ace Ventura.