Here’s the Demoff related tweets...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'd like to see the color rush shirt with blue pants. That would be the hotness. The jersey itself is extremely sharp, what with the navy blue that actually matches the helmet.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I'd like to see the color rush shirt with blue pants. That would be the hotness. The jersey itself is extremely sharp, what with the navy blue that actually matches the helmet.
Exactly. The yellow pants are too much.

Bootleg

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I used to believe the NFL brass were being stubborn and stupid by not letting the Rams wear their throw backs more often to avoid the awful blue jerseys. But the more I think about it, the more I side with the NFL.

The Rams could change the Jersey any time they want. They could have changed it the year they moved. They could have changed it last year. The could have changed it this year. Obviously they're waiting for the new stadium, but I don't think the fans care too much about that. They have a new winning team in a new city and the time to rebrand is now.

So now the Rams get a little wiggle room this year to wear the alternate uniforms, but I'm going to chuckle ever so slightly when the Rams reach the Super Bowl this year or next, and they're forced to wear the dark blue jerseys. They have no one but themselves to blame.

In my humblest of opinions, of course. :)

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I used to believe the NFL brass were being stubborn and stupid by not letting the Rams wear their throw backs more often to avoid the awful blue jerseys. But the more I think about it, the more I side with the NFL.

The Rams could change the Jersey any time they want. They could have changed it the year they moved. They could have changed it last year. The could have changed it this year. Obviously they're waiting for the new stadium, but I don't think the fans care too much about that. They have a new winning team in a new city and the time to rebrand is now.

So now the Rams get a little wiggle room this year to wear the alternate uniforms, but I'm going to chuckle ever so slightly when the Rams reach the Super Bowl this year or next, and they're forced to wear the dark blue jerseys. They have no one but themselves to blame.

In my humblest of opinions, of course. :)
They can't change the jersey any time they want. It takes 3 years notice to the NFL before they can change the jersey. The rest of the uniform can be changed, which is why they changed the pants and helmets, but not the jerseys.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
They can't change the jersey any time they want. It takes 3 years notice to the NFL before they can change the jersey. The rest of the uniform can be changed, which is why they changed the pants and helmets, but not the jerseys.

They say that. But then you have teams changing their unis in ways that don't look like they were planned. How many times has Jax changed their uniforms of late? They changed them last year (helmet) then will again here soon, and I find it hard to believe they requested 2 uniform changes with the proper 3 year window.

What I suspect is that teams can change them when they want, with the NFL doing back office politics to allow for it in certain cases where the owner feels strongly enough about it. I mean the rules are in place but I am not sure they get followed.

So in the case of the Rams, I also suspect their obvious desire to unleash the uniforms with the stadium is understood and standing in their way. No proof or anything solid just my typical uninformed fan opinion.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
They say that. But then you have teams changing their unis in ways that don't look like they were planned. How many times has Jax changed their uniforms of late? They changed them last year (helmet) then will again here soon, and I find it hard to believe they requested 2 uniform changes with the proper 3 year window.

What I suspect is that teams can change them when they want, with the NFL doing back office politics to allow for it in certain cases where the owner feels strongly enough about it. I mean the rules are in place but I am not sure they get followed.

So in the case of the Rams, I also suspect their obvious desire to unleash the uniforms with the stadium is understood and standing in their way. No proof or anything solid just my typical uninformed fan opinion.
Helmets and pants can be changed whenever. Jerseys are different. The whole point is people buy jerseys, but they may be less inclined to buy if the jersey changes every year or they may get mad if they but the "new" jersey only to have it change the next year.

Helmet and pants changes aren't the same. No one is buying Rams football pants. The helmets themselves have limited marketing value. Jerseys are basically "the uniform". The jaguars have only changed their jersey twice, once in 2009 and once in 2013.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Isn't the throwbacks twice and color rush once the same as last season? I dont see this as the NFL doing the Rams any favors.why not let them wear their throwbacks for the next 2 seasons then they can release a new look when they open Stanadu.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Isn't the throwbacks twice and color rush once the same as last season? I dont see this as the NFL doing the Rams any favors.why not let them wear their throwbacks for the next 2 seasons then they can release a new look when they open Stanadu.
The biggest thing is no stipulation on when the can use them. It’s esentially allowing us to use throw back or color rush if we’d otherwise be forced to wear those blue uniforms that were so hated last year. I’d wager this year we have 13 games in white with the others in throw back or color rush.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Didn't we hear we are trying to make the case to allow us to wear the throwbacks more often this year?

I hope so.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Good Lord, they went with the super dark helmets and the Royal blue jerseys. Oh well. Better than the gold.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good Lord, they went with the super dark helmets and the Royal blue jerseys. Oh well. Better than the gold.

There is a reason for that, back in 1973 they had helmets that matched the Royal Blue Shirts and then Owner Carroll Rosenbloom thought it looked hideous, thus the darker helmet, which IMHO, contrasts every so eloquently, however, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
There is a reason for that, back in 1973 they had helmets that matched the Royal Blue Shirts and then Owner Carroll Rosenbloom thought it looked hideous, thus the darker helmet, which IMHO, contrasts every so eloquently, however, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
That may be the only time in his life that Rosenbloom was wrong.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
The darker helmet doesn't bother me at all. I think it looks better than it would if it were the jersey color. That uni has a complete collar and horns on the sleeves. I'm good.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
The darker helmet doesn't bother me at all. I think it looks better than it would if it were the jersey cooler. That uni has a complete collar and horns on the sleeves. I'm good.
I agree that a helmet that color would be bad. A jersey the color of the helmet would be better.

dang

Legend
I am guessing I am in the minority but I like the clean look of the dark blue helmets with white horns. I am ok with the yellow and royal blue for throwbacks.

Fidelis

Semper Fi
Name
Fidelis
B6C2FEB9-ED8C-4230-A9E4-827022343746.jpeg