Henry Melton Visiting today

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Dont know why everybody is hating on langford the dude came from a 3-4 D playing DE and we converted him back to DT in a 4-3 and he has done nothing but improve the last two years and is a very solid DT I hope we dont cut him that would be a great rotation with Brockers, Langford, and melton. And weve got plenty of money we havent signed anybody else in FA besides our own guys.
No one is "hating" on Langford.
Because you have an honest opinion on a player doesn't mean anymore than that. Langford has been solid/good since he has come here, not great. If you can upgrade a spot and its in the budget you do it.
The Rams are obviously it seems going very young in the secondary. The best way to protect a young secondary is a passrush. If they can add a real passrush threat at DT they are going to do it.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Because you have an honest opinion on a player doesn't mean anymore than that. Langford has been solid/good since he has come here, not great. If you can upgrade a spot and its in the budget you do it.
The Rams are obviously it seems going very young in the secondary. The best way to protect a young secondary is a passrush. If they can add a real passrush threat at DT they are going to do it.

I never said it wasnt a good idea to sign Melton, I would love it. I just dont think it means we toss Langford to the curve if we sign him. We need more than two good DTs. Langford was no slouch rushing the passer either he had 5.5 sacks and 18 QB hurries, was better than brockers in this department. Plus langford has been healthy his entire career you cant say that about melton.

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
Is an injured/mentally unstable Melton an improvement on Langford? Melton would probably cost more, too.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Don't see how much Henry Melton is that much of an "upgrade" over Kendall Langford, who is coming off a career year. I'm all for signing for depth purposes, but not replacement.

It's not like you're replacing him with Geno Atikins.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Dam this possible signing would be a game changer for our team.....

I am going to use a Seinfeld quote "it, moved" after reading this thread

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I'd love to add either Melton or Carrington.

Hell...sign 'em both up! How could anyone argue who has the best defensive line in the league with that depth?

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I dont think you could that would be an insanely good deep Dline.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Dont know why everybody is hating on langford the dude came from a 3-4 D playing DE and we converted him back to DT in a 4-3 and he has done nothing but improve the last two years and is a very solid DT I hope we dont cut him that would be a great rotation with Brockers, Langford, and melton. And weve got plenty of money we havent signed anybody else in FA besides our own guys.

I don't wanna cut Langford, I just know he is not as good as Melton before the injury. It's potentially a very solid upgrade...

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I'd love to add either Melton or Carrington.

Hell...sign 'em both up! How could anyone argue who has the best defensive line in the league with that depth?

I'm with you. Getting to the QB and disrupting the timing of an offense is how to beat good offenses these days. Having fresh people to rotate in all game to continually get after the QB will make everyone's job on the defense easier. I think d-line is the most important group on the defense. I'm all for signing these two guys at the right price and if it means we don't cut Langford as a result.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I'm with you. Getting to the QB and disrupting the timing of an offense is how to beat good offenses these days. Having fresh people to rotate in all game to continually get after the QB will make everyone's job on the defense easier. I think d-line is the most important group on the defense. I'm all for signing these two guys at the right price and if it means we don't cut Langford as a result.
Yes, I would definitely like to add BOTH guys. But I was speaking a little tongue-in-cheek...I don't know that they can allot that much money to the position.

nighttrain

Legend
eh i dunno - depending on his contract, if he got one, that could be a lot invested in the d-line..
Coming of injury season 1 year @ low, very low $, seems to be trend for guys on IR/DL last season.Do good get mega deal
train

Alan

Legend
Oh I don't know about that.

albert_m.jpg

Compos no-mentis?

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
If Melton passes the physical, this is the guy we will sign for defensive tackle depth! We won't have to draft a DT in the first 5 rounds, which will give the Rams more flexibility in the draft.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
I may be wrong, but those of us who are compos mentis don't bite others.

I wasn't aware of this.

Reading a bit about it, it sounds like owner and employees are telling one story and Melton and multiple patrons are telling another. I'm curious to see how it turns out.
An NFL player getting in a fight off the field is certainly nothing new though.

I don't know if this means that I'm mentally unsound, but if four guys jumped on me I might be inclined to bite one or two of them myself.

fearsomefour

Legend
Don't see how much Henry Melton is that much of an "upgrade" over Kendall Langford, who is coming off a career year. I'm all for signing for depth purposes, but not replacement.

It's not like you're replacing him with Geno Atikins.
I have no opinion if Melton is an upgrade or not. Just saying that is the approach that should be taken. Langford is solid.