Heart broken!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Squidhead

UDFA
Name
J
I visit this forum regularly, but really never post. Just a solid group of respectful, sharp and opinionated Rams fans... good people.
As a long time and dedicated socal-native Rams fanatic, I am personally elated today.
That said, and to put it mildly, the great fans of St. Louis don't deserve this...
I've been bringing my Dad (the one who brainwashed the horns brand into me at a very young age) to games there for many years now (watched them smash the Niners this year!)... good times and great memories forever.
The StL faithful feel about SK the way us old die-hards felt about GF (stemming from days and circumstances well before any move was contemplated). I get it... I used to think THEY just don't know how painful this is to the fan base... but of course, they just don't care. It's a business.
Hang in there... the whatevertown RAMS brand might just stick...
Be well... Go Rams!

Big Willie

Starter
Even though NFL football has been a lifelong love of mine, I too am tapping out. I don't like much about this new football culture. A culture where quarterbacks can't be hit, countless penalties interrupt the flow of nearly every game, and a league full of owners who only care about the bottom line (examples include having part time referees making terrible calls, cheerleaders paid less than minimum wage, spewing propaganda like "football is family" while no adherence to guidelines to keep family members at home) and a commissioner who repeatedly makes serious mistakes and seemingly believes he is immune to internal or external laws. It no longer feels like the sport I loved as a child, and this was simply the last straw.

Kroenke is a shrewd businessman and this was a business deal. I don't begrudge him wanting to make a lucrative business deal. But who is the steward of the league? Goddell? How could that person allow a scathing report about St Louis or any city be publicly communicated to embarrass the league? For me, this two day process was akin to the first Labron "decision", and we know how that changed a lot of people's perception of him. How could a league string a city along and publicly tell officials who are trying to put a stadium proposal together to continue their efforts knowing the city's efforts were in vain? Yes, I believe the fix was in from the start. I understand business, but having a city devote the needed time and money on a futile exercise like the NFL did for a stadium that had no chance should be deemed as criminal. And they should be ashamed and punished....but they won't be punished. Instead, they will amass more money and be unscathed by their treachery.

There are a number of classy Rams fans on this board and I wish you the best with the team. I, on the other hand have decided to move my passion to futbol....my second favorite love. Hopefully, we can get an MLS team in St Louis, but if not, I will continue to watch Chelsea from afar.

I wish you all the best.

JackKirby

UDFA
Name
JackKirby
it sucks so bad dude. I didn't think it would hurt like this. I'm feeling completely betrayed by one of my brothers... and half of my Rams friends are happy about it... and I should be happy for them.... but damnit if I'm not pissed off at anyone who wanted this to happen to us. Oh man its not a good feeling.

JackKirby

UDFA
Name
JackKirby
it sucks so bad dude. I didn't think it would hurt like this. I'm feeling completely betrayed by one of my brothers... and half of my Rams friends are happy about it... and I should be happy for them.... but damnit if I'm not pissed off at anyone who wanted this to happen to us. Oh man its not a good feeling.

JackKirby

UDFA
Name
JackKirby
My father was a Ram fan almost from the day the team moved from Cleveland. He bought season tickets in 1951 and witnessed in person the team's only Championship while in Los Angeles. Having been born in 1953, my dad started taking me to the games in 1964 and have been a Rams' fan ever since. As you are heartbroken today, my dad and I were heartbroken back in 1995 when Georgia took her team to St. Louis.
So what did my dad and me do? We went to sports bars and watched the games via satellite. Then I purchased NFL Sunday Ticket when I got my Homeowner's Association at my Condo in install a satellite dish. I purchased NFL Sunday Ticket with a couple of Ram buddies and we watched all the games.

That's all you have to do. Get NFL Sunday Ticket and enjoy the games at home. Although it's fun to enjoy the game live, you can see the game much better on TV. I know it's tought to lose your team--but the Rams should have never moved in the first place; LA is still the second largest market. Please continue supporting our Rams and come on out for a few games or even attend some road games--like we did.
My dad passed on back in 2009 but he's looking down and smiling and can't wait until September.

We Love You Rams!!

tahoe

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just dont even know what to do with my fandom. I mean I've followed and obsessed about the rams ever since i started watching football. All the players are the same guys ive been rooting for but what stank did to us is unforgivable. The pure corruption and greed of the nfl is unforgivable. The whole process was a set up from the beginning, we never had a chance to keep our team even though we were told we did. How St Louis, who did the most, is the only city that didnt get to keep its team is insane. We got screwed much harder than LA did back in the day because we thought we had a chance. I dont know if I can still be a rams fan any more. I hate Kroenke so much.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
My father was a Ram fan almost from the day the team moved from Cleveland. He bought season tickets in 1951 and witnessed in person the team's only Championship while in Los Angeles. Having been born in 1953, my dad started taking me to the games in 1964 and have been a Rams' fan ever since. As you are heartbroken today, my dad and I were heartbroken back in 1995 when Georgia took her team to St. Louis.
So what did my dad and me do? We went to sports bars and watched the games via satellite. Then I purchased NFL Sunday Ticket when I got my Homeowner's Association at my Condo in install a satellite dish. I purchased NFL Sunday Ticket with a couple of Ram buddies and we watched all the games.

That's all you have to do. Get NFL Sunday Ticket and enjoy the games at home. Although it's fun to enjoy the game live, you can see the game much better on TV. I know it's tought to lose your team--but the Rams should have never moved in the first place; LA is still the second largest market. Please continue supporting our Rams and come on out for a few games or even attend some road games--like we did.
My dad passed on back in 2009 but he's looking down and smiling and can't wait until September.

We Love You Rams!!

Great stories Jack. My dad, too was a Rams fan from the time they moved to LA. He lived in San Diego when the Rams moved there and it was, of course before the Chargers arrived.

He passed the torch on to me and I was hooked by the horns from the start. We moved around then to Northern Ca. Through most of the seventies and early eighties going to the Stick to see the Rams every year.

My dad even got season tickets later on and drove, or flew down to Anaheim for the games, to the detriment of his marriage. Guys we love the Rams, but always put your family first.

My dad passed away Aug 4, just 10 days before my Avatar photo was taken at the Oakland Coliseum. So that day for me was bittersweet.

He would have been pretty excited today.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Also something that a heart breaker for me, talking about your dads, is I wont be able to take my son to St Louis rams games. He is only 1 and will never know the St Louis rams, I had dreams of taking him to games in a couple of years now that wont happen.