Have the Saints Peaked too early?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

El caliente

Rookie
Name
Andrew
:shocked::shocked:
Yeah, they are ridiculously healthy right now. I'd be surprised if the injury bug doesn't bite them at some point since it seems to bite every team.

But healthy, the way that team is playing, it's hard to see them be beat.
They actually aren’t. They are down Terron Armstead, Larry Warford, and Marcus Davenport. Teams aren’t even getting the saints at full strength.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Part of me wants to root for Brees to win another SB if the Rams are eliminated, but Payton is such an unlikable baby door that I have to root against them.

Ellard80

Legend
Ehh they are top dogs right now... the Rams had the role for the first 7 weeks of the season.

At the moment they look great.. but lots of games to be played.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Part of me wants to root for Brees to win another SB if the Rams are eliminated, but Payton is such an unlikable baby door that I have to root against them.

Payton nixes any thought I might have of rooting for the Saints..The only exception might be if they played the Cheatriots!!!

Ram65

Legend
I don't think they peaked. They are on a roll that will be hard to stop. Defense needs tighter coverage and more pressure on Brees. Still a ways to go before the playoffs.

Flint

Pro Bowler
They are that good, but are their WRs a weakness that can be exploited? How are they this good when Thomas is the only wr with more than 20 catches. The fact that they brought in Dez and Marshall says they think it could be an issue.
There doesn’t seem to be anyone on the schedule who can contain Thomas and put pressure on Brees.
The panthers are looking shaky right now and anyone else would be a huge upset. So the question is can the Rams defense slow down this offense? It looks like Fowler might be robin to Aaron Donald’s Batman and hopefully Talib’s return can move Peters back to very good #2, so the answer is maybe?

El caliente

Rookie
Name
Andrew
They are that good, but are their WRs a weakness that can be exploited? How are they this good when Thomas is the only wr with more than 20 catches. The fact that they brought in Dez and Marshall says they think it could be an issue.
There doesn’t seem to be anyone on the schedule who can contain Thomas and put pressure on Brees.
The panthers are looking shaky right now and anyone else would be a huge upset. So the question is can the Rams defense slow down this offense? It looks like Fowler might be robin to Aaron Donald’s Batman and hopefully Talib’s return can move Peters back to very good #2, so the answer is maybe?

Yeah, yesterday the Saints had 2 wide receivers show up out of nowhere, and both are rookie (Smith and Kirkwood), and big body receivers to boot.

If those two kids can keep making plays, Michael Thomas will be even more deadly. How he is making catches is criminal.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, yesterday the Saints had 2 wide receivers show up out of nowhere, and both are rookie (Smith and Kirkwood), and big body receivers to boot.

If those two kids can keep making plays, Michael Thomas will be even more deadly. How he is making catches is criminal.
Yeah I noticed that they have some pretty good rookie WR types. It just keeps getting worse. Yes, I do think they are peaking prematurely. But if they aren’t injury plagued going into the playoffs I think the NFC championship game will be quite the task should we be matched up with them. I can’t wait to get Talib back.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The difference between the Saints and Rams offense is Payton likes to be a dick and run up the score, Mcvay shows respect.

I have to laugh at this.

McVay has more blowout wins on his resume than any second year coach I can recall.

Last year alone there were 5 or 6.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Just chiming in to say I hate Taysom Hill. Play one fucking position and quit being such a try hard. Idk why he bothers me so much but I can’t wait to play these fucks again in the NFC championship game.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If you can get a fair officiated game, Rams can beat them....As to are they peaking too early? No, they are very good and was the team I feared the most in the NFC and their defense is playing better than the Rams defense right now.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
No. I see the Saints team getting better & improving from this point on. They are a well stocked team & loaded with no weak links. Saints by far are the best team in the NFL playing @ home. Having to play them @ home for the NFC Championship will be our biggest challenge for this 2018 Ram team. Move over Patrick Mahomes.... Bree's is the MVP @ this point in time NFL.
Who knows. But I think the Rams can play with them if they have a healthy Talib back and no further big injuries. Hopefully we'll see them in the NFC Championship game.
Trying to see how the Rams could muster up the improvement to get a win over the Sainst @ home on Jan 20th in 2 months is an interesting conversation.

On the Defense ...If our five corners Talib/Peters/NRC/Shields/Hill can get fully healthy & playing their best peaked form can cause trouble for the Saints passing offense. However FS Lamarcu Joyner has been a big weak link in the secondary to target. If OLB newcomers (Og Okoronwko & Dante Fowler) finally get pressure from the exterior's. Rams DL who were already overpowered & manhandled by Saints OL .... must improve their run stopping play & remain in their lanes to protect another weak link LB'er Mark Barron, who has lost his playmaking abilities in run & pass defense. The Rams DL has never stopped Alvin Kamara. And that was when they were @ full strength highly unlikely that will last.

On the Offense ....If McVay can get both our TE's (Gerald Everett/Tyler Higbee) cranked up & peaking in this offense in time for post season. If the well aged Rams OL keep from "Wore Down Syndrome" like last season when they were a year younger & then still remain injury free? The Rams Org. has a heavy load to maintain here.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Trying to see how the Rams could muster up the improvement to get a win over the Sainst @ home on Jan 20th in 2 months is an interesting conversation.

Yeah they're going to be tough. But the reason we can beat them is their defense.

Improvement we would need is better tackling (I presume McVay will allow for more contact/tackling drills if we see them again), but mostly we require improvement in the secondary. Brees is not a deep ball passer, he's a dink and dunker and if the Rams can sort their secondary and get guys playing disciplined ball (yes this requires Talib's return lol) to avoid explosive plays it is possible the Rams can go into New Orleans and knock them the F out.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Exac
No. I see the Saints team getting better & improving from this point on. They are a well stocked team & loaded with no weak links. Saints by far are the best team in the NFL playing @ home. Having to play them @ home for the NFC Championship will be our biggest challenge for this 2018 Ram team. Move over Patrick Mahomes.... Bree's is the MVP @ this point in time NFL.

On the Defense ...If our five corners Talib/Peters/NRC/Shields/Hill can get fully healthy & playing their best peaked form can cause trouble for the Saints passing offense. However FS Lamarcu Joyner has been a big weak link in the secondary to target. If OLB newcomers (Og Okoronwko & Dante Fowler) finally get pressure from the exterior's. Rams DL who were already overpowered & manhandled by Saints OL .... must improve their run stopping stopping play & remain in their lanes to protect another weak link LB'er Mark Barron, who has lost his playmaking abilities in run & pass defense. The Rams DL has never stopped Alvin Kamara. And that was when they were @ full strength highly unlikely that will last.

On the Offense ....If McVay can get both our TE's (Gerald Everett/Tyler Higbee) cranked up & peaking in this offense in time for post season. If the well aged Rams OL keep from "Wore Down Syndrome" like last season when they were a year younger & then still remain injury free? The Rams Org. has a heavy load to maintain here.

Exactly, we are a strong contender, but clearly have a big hurdle to cross to reach the super bowl. Tonight will go a long way to showing exactly where in the field we are placed at present. This will be the biggest test since the Saints