Harvin-Austin

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ShaneFalco

Hold on there, Hoss. As someone who suffers daily migraines, lemme just add that being glad someone...anyone other than the worst of the worst (do I need to go through the list? genocidal dictators, child abductors/rapists, etc) should get them is maybe...just maybe not the coolest thing.

Something to consider.

I had a 12 week migraine once. It's still hard to talk about all that happened during that ugly 3 month time span. But lemme just say that while I want the Rams to hold him to no yards and frustrate him to no end, I just can't join ya in hoping he'll have a migraine or being glad if he has one. It's ugly stuff. If you've never had one, God Bless. If you have, you know you never want to wish that on another person.

Something to consider. Not trying to chide anyone, just adding some perspective.

Go Rams!
i had the same problem until i moved to CO and got a weed card ;)

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I've been opiate free for the most part once. I had a Grand Mal seizure that left me with a lesion in my brain that lost me my Nuke program in the Navy in '92. Other than some morphine after kidney surgery and some stuff after falling on my face (I still maintain that stairs are complicated. Don't judge me).

It's part of why I'm really passionate about this. As an asthmatic, I can't smoke and both me and the wife have family histories of addiction so "getting high" has...well....baggage. Both of us are and always have been straight arrows for the most part.

That said, I'd take a THC based pain reliever in a minute if it were offered as opposed to an opioid, but because Marijuana is scheduled by the DEA as a Schedule I drug, it's impossible to even eo any research.

Plus, as a Vet, there's always conflicting stories about how the VA deals with finding THC in blood tests because it's illegal federally.

Anyway, sorry to hijack the tread. Back to Harvin-Austin.

Yeah... let's hope Schotty can use Austin even BETTER than Seattle is using Harvin. 'Cuz it really seems that Harvin is gonna be a integral part of that offense, this season.

Btw, was on a Seahawks forum... this is their last year, if the fans are right.... The fans all seem to think that Marshawn Lynch will be allowed to walk so that they can pay Russell Wilson. I realize that RBs slow down, but Lynch still has a few years left. Lynch is gonna get Carroll'd and that offense is gonna suffer without that feature back. Turbin ain't it...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Btw, was on a Seahawks forum... this is their last year, if the fans are right.... The fans all seem to think that Marshawn Lynch will be allowed to walk so that they can pay Russell Wilson. I realize that RBs slow down, but Lynch still has a few years left. Lynch is gonna get Carroll'd and that offense is gonna suffer without that feature back. Turbin ain't it...

Can't disagree. Their holding out hope in Christine Michael but I don't believe in him. IMO, their best chance of keeping that running game going is replacing Lynch with Todd Gurley or Melvin Gordon. Please don't let that happen.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I've been opiate free for the most part once. I had a Grand Mal seizure that left me with a lesion in my brain that lost me my Nuke program in the Navy in '92....
When I first read that I thought it said " I had a Grand Mal seizure that left me with a lesbian in my brain...."
Took two more times to straighten that out in my brain! lol
BTW Even though your a Squid I hope your doing better now bro ;)

ShaneFalco

I've been opiate free for the most part once. I had a Grand Mal seizure that left me with a lesion in my brain that lost me my Nuke program in the Navy in '92. Other than some morphine after kidney surgery and some stuff after falling on my face (I still maintain that stairs are complicated. Don't judge me).

It's part of why I'm really passionate about this. As an asthmatic, I can't smoke and both me and the wife have family histories of addiction so "getting high" has...well....baggage. Both of us are and always have been straight arrows for the most part.

That said, I'd take a THC based pain reliever in a minute if it were offered as opposed to an opioid, but because Marijuana is scheduled by the DEA as a Schedule I drug, it's impossible to even eo any research.

Plus, as a Vet, there's always conflicting stories about how the VA deals with finding THC in blood tests because it's illegal federally.
yea thats tough, I had migraines for years. Made me really sensitive to going outside. Tried it once and didnt have one for like a month. So yea, i moved out here in 2008. And i only occasionally get them every 6 months or so and i am not super medicated or anything, just a puff before bedtime.

I work as a VFX artist so yea. Not super hard for me. The VA may be another story.

sorry for going into this on a football forum thou, wont talk about it more, Just thought to help out someone who has the same problem as i did.

Last edited by a moderator:

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I hope the Rams are watching this Hawks game because they are laying the Blueprint of how to use Tavon.

I was thinking the same thing. Not sure Tavon could do those things though. Harvin is a beast.

But Tavon doesn't even have to be in the play to be effective. As the defense pulls coverage toward the jet sweep, or the deep route, he'll effectively open up opportunities for others to make plays. This five yard drag route crap needs to stop.

Harven and Seattle provided a blueprint for us... let's hope we use it.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Hold on there, Hoss. As someone who suffers daily migraines, lemme just add that being glad someone...anyone other than the worst of the worst (do I need to go through the list? genocidal dictators, child abductors/rapists, etc) should get them is maybe...just maybe not the coolest thing.

Something to consider.

I had a 12 week migraine once. It's still hard to talk about all that happened during that ugly 3 month time span. But lemme just say that while I want the Rams to hold him to no yards and frustrate him to no end, I just can't join ya in hoping he'll have a migraine or being glad if he has one. It's ugly stuff. If you've never had one, God Bless. If you have, you know you never want to wish that on another person.

Something to consider. Not trying to chide anyone, just adding some perspective.

Go Rams!
I was up past my bed time. I get unnecessarily hateful when I should be sleeping. I don't wish him any evil.

Limey

Rookie
after falling on my face (I still maintain that stairs are complicated. Don't judge me).

I can sympathise - I used to (I hope!) get the balance migraines (room spinning, feel sick if you try to stand up before it passes, which was either a few hours or a few days) as well as the usual painful ones and the weird vision stuff. Actually getting the right diagnosis helped me - 10 years on the wrong meds isn't good.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Measurements are off. But so what? Harvin wasn't running people over. The Seahawks were getting him to the edge and letting him use his speed to get up-field. They used the misdirection well and kept Green Bay on their heels with the threat of it all night long. It opened up running lanes and when they did finally use the jet sweeps, Green Bay always seemed to not be expecting it.

Still, though, I agree with Elm. Bring Austin out there and give him a deep shot or two to back them off. Then you can hit them with the shorter stuff. Although, if they want to use the jet sweeps(and fakes). I'm certainly not against it. It'll give the Vikings something to think about and make them pay if they aren't disciplined.
No problem with the type of plays, but Harvin touched the ball 11 times....4-5 runs 6-7 passes...Lots of impacts & collisions...I don't think Tavon is built at this time to deal with that. Doubt he ever will. Percy was a very physical player in college. Tavon has avoided contact since...?

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Hawks OC called a damn good game. Harvin followed suit. I'd like to see Shotty taking notes.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
No problem with the type of plays, but Harvin touched the ball 11 times....4-5 runs 6-7 passes...Lots of impacts & collisions...I don't think Tavon is built at this time to deal with that. Doubt he ever will. Percy was a very physical player in college. Tavon has avoided contact since...?
JMO, But Havin may have a little size on Tavon but I think Austin is Quicker, and Faster. I agree though, as everyone seems to be saying, Schotty should try employing Tavon the way the 'Hawks are using Harvin! We will see how they match-up come Week 7!!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I may be wrong, but the Jet Sweep is exponentially more effective if you have a QB that can fake it and run the other way. When you have to spy the QB or contain him, you reduce the amount of zone defenders on the sweep side and can outflank them with your receivers/blockers at the point of attack. Or Schotty's just dumb and never thought of ways to use a Jet Sweep. I'm going with the former.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I wonder if Dana Holgorsen's version of the Air Raid would work in the NFL. He learned from Mike Leach, but he incorporates more running into the offense than Leach does. Dana installs his whole offense in 3 days. What a relief that would be to the players after having to learn Schotty's playbook.

Then we could trade for Geno and get his dream team back together.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I think Tavon is better utilized as a deep threat. Harvin mostly just ran the end around and had WRs blocking him. The Rams tried those pitches and quick screens to Austin with limited success. Teams were ready for it. When Tavon got out on the edge is when he shined.

Yes. His short area quickness makes it extremely difficult to press him, and his straight line speed makes it extremely difficult to run with him. We didn't try putting him on the outside much last year, but when we did, he caught two long TD's, the one against the Colts and the one against the Panthers (called back on the ticky-tack tripping call).

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Tavon also touched the ball 233 times in 13 games as a senior in college. Harvin touched the ball 110 times in 12 games as a senior in college. I think you're quite underestimating Tavon.

And that's without mentioning that Harvin had a history of injuries in college. Tavon didn't.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
And that's without mentioning that Harvin had a history of injuries in college. Tavon didn't
Why do you think Percy still returns punt & kickoffs, while Tavon only does punts? What type of plays did Tavon usually touch the ball? I read somewhere 70% of his plays (and it could be much higher) were within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. Percy is a more physical runner, with the ball. Watch him, probably explains his injury history. Tavon rarely if ever breaks a tackle....In fact, I'd bet his yards after contact is around 0.....These players while similar, are very different. Tavon was given ample opportunity to prove he was a game changing player last year...the first 6 games if I'm correct. He led the team in drops.
I don't like going on & on about Rams players in a negative light, but it would seem that 6 touches a game is probably more than enough,and until he gains more size, he should not be featured in any role besides decoy....

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Why do you think Percy still returns punt & kickoffs, while Tavon only does punts? What type of plays did Tavon usually touch the ball? I read somewhere 70% of his plays (and it could be much higher) were within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. Percy is a more physical runner, with the ball. Watch him, probably explains his injury history. Tavon rarely if ever breaks a tackle....In fact, I'd bet his yards after contact is around 0.....These players while similar, are very different. Tavon was given ample opportunity to prove he was a game changing player last year...the first 6 games if I'm correct. He led the team in drops.
I don't like going on & on about Rams players in a negative light, but it would seem that 6 touches a game is probably more than enough,and until he gains more size, he should not be featured in any role besides decoy....
Percy has never done punts in his entire career. Not reading the rest because if you can't even get that right, why read the rest?

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Tavon also touched the ball 233 times in 13 games as a senior in college. Harvin touched the ball 110 times in 12 games as a senior in college. I think you're quite underestimating Tavon.

And that's without mentioning that Harvin had a history of injuries in college. Tavon didn't.

He put up 14 reps on the bench at the combine. He's built pretty damn well. This was one less rep than Brian Quick put up for reference.

blah blah, arm length....blah blah easier for shorter guys to do bench press.