Gurley to have knee re-check with DR. Andrews

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Gurley to have knee re-check with Dr. Andrews
10288.jpg

Todd Gurley (ACL surgery) will soon meet with Dr. James Andrews for a recheck of his surgically repaired knee.

The meeting will take place "in the next few weeks." Gurley's recovery is believed to have gone on free of setbacks, but that won't be officially determined until Dr. Andrews sees the knee. It's also possible when they meet that Gurley will be cleared for some activity before training camp, which of course would be excellent news for Gurley's chances of playing in Week 1.
Source: Alex Marvez on Twitter
Jun 26 - 1:13 PM

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Didn't the same Dr clear Sam to play? I sure hope they don't rush him just because the signs are good. I would think he is going to need time to get to full strength as well. Just nervous about all the talk of him starting right away.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah I believe he was and the same one that did AP's acl operation.

iced

Didn't the same Dr clear Sam to play? I sure hope they don't rush him just because the signs are good. I would think he is going to need time to get to full strength as well. Just nervous about all the talk of him starting right away.

yea but with Andrews, his reputation speaks for itself.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sam is an anomaly when it comes to dr Andrews. Nobody could predict Sam being that fragile (I know Sam fans hate to hear that but it's true)

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW

Yeah I'm with you but Sam just had a freak 2nd tear. Dr. Andrews put his rep on the line regarding TG.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
yea but with Andrews, his reputation speaks for itself.
I understand about Andrews. But he was Sam's doctor too - right? Sam may be fragile and all but it is hard to fathom that his report came back clean and then was barely touched to blow it out again.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
I just hope our judgment isn't clouded by Sam, if the odds say he should be back for pre-season then let's get him back by pre-season. If the odds say leave him out until the bye then leave him out until the bye. Let's not play the "well this happened to Sam" game.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I understand about Andrews. But he was Sam's doctor too - right? Sam may be fragile and all but it is hard to fathom that his report came back clean and then was barely touched to blow it out again.

It would be interesting to know what criteria is used for a doctor of his caliber to clear an athlete from an injury like that.

But I hope his decisions are purely based off the appearance of the repair, as oppose to infiniate hypothetical situations involving, let's say a Jake Long, from having to protect their patient after they get back into action, cause I doubt anyone would get ever cleared to play again hahahaha

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
In looking a few ACL recovery players (Palmer, Sam, Gurley), it looks like Sam, who was injured the earliest is still appears the furthest from being totally healthy...He has a noticeable limp....So Sam is definitely different than Todd G. IMO

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
In looking a few ACL recovery players (Palmer, Sam, Gurley), it looks like Sam, who was injured the earliest is still appears the furthest from being totally healthy...He has a noticeable limp....So Sam is definitely different than Todd G. IMO
Worried for Sam, because I don't remember any limping this late in his rehab last time.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Didn't Sam tear his ACL, pcl and other stuff as well? And gurley just tore his ACL but everything else was fine.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Didn't Sam tear his ACL, pcl and other stuff as well? And gurley just tore his ACL but everything else was fine.

I don't remember what Sam tore but I do remember reading about Gurley the Dr. Andrews saying if your gonna tear your ACL Gurley tore it the right way. It was a clean tear and the success rate coming back from the kind of tear Gurley had is very very high.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Andrews is the best in the biz. Sam tested out that he was healthy. The guy is just fragile. I remember being at the Rams pre-draft party last year, and they were showing videos of Sam's rehab and he was crushing it. Was fully sprinting and had all the mobility... he then spoke and said he'll be good to go come training camp and he was. Was just a freak thing whether he got drilled or a love tap. I trust him with Gurley and obviously Fisher knows how high of a pick we used on him and will be more than careful.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I'd rather be safe than sorry. If the Dr. says Gurley can play week one I would take that and add a few more weeks. Besides Mason is perfectly capable of carrying the load for a few weeks.

iced

Everybody heals differently, and some "Freak" accidents do occur (I think that was their response to Sam's situation); however I think its the quality of work done.

As someone eluded to before, he also did AP's knee, so there's that