Greg Williams is eager to start working with his new players/PD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
“That’s because we’re going to play as aggressive as all get-out with our corners, linebackers and nickels."

This was my favorite quote! Cannot wait to see this defense punish opponents.

That's awesome too! I love the confidence!

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
"Williams’ immediate concern is the secondary. He plans to play his safeties deep to serve as “overlap angels to run down things when mistakes are made in front of them.’’

“Nobody in the National Football League plays the safeties deeper than me. Nobody,’’ he said. “That’s because we’re going to play as aggressive as all get-out with our corners, linebackers and nickels."

“When we get our secondary to play a certain way, the guys up front can be even more dominant.’’

I love this! I am absolutely excited to see how this defense shapes out. And I'm a patient man, so I do understand that we won't really be seeing his defense straight away.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Lets hope he can teach jenkins what a double move is.

magic-man-o.gif

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I think our Defense with adding williams and the younger players improving over last year turns us into a top 10 defense without adding any other players. Now with carrington and Im sure drafting a CB and Saftey early in the draft I think we are a top 5 unit. We may push to break the sack record this year.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I know this when the Rams played against Williams I took a big dislike to him....wonder why.....Williams caused me & my Rams mega issues on offense. I disliked him so bad......funny how I have changed sides so fast.:love:

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I know this when the Rams played against Williams I took a big dislike to him....wonder why.....Williams caused me & my Rams mega issues on offense. I disliked him so bad......funny how I have changed sides so fast.:love:

Just like Finnegin hes one of those guys people love to hate unless hes on there team.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I think Jenkins will have a big year if they allow him to be aggressive. He had quite a few picks the year before, but he was handcuffed having to play so far off the WRs.

F. Mulder

Starter
Williams is someone who some of us fans are going to laud one game and question other games but he is what he is and I'd rather die going for the throat than being cut to death by paper clips. I DO think he is going to have a positive impact on certain members of this defense who need to improve their technique, who need to improve their mental approach to the game, and need to believe in themselves. The one player I think is really going to improve is J. Jenkins. They guy is almost deluded with swagger and confidence (as well as the short memory all DBs need to have) BUT he needs to be coached up as to when to gamble and when not to. He needs to understand when he has help and when he is on an island. I also think Williams will have a positive impact on McDonald regarding the same issues; when to be aggressive and when to play it safe.

lockdnram21

Legend
I think our Defense with adding williams and the younger players improving over last year turns us into a top 10 defense without adding any other players. Now with carrington and Im sure drafting a CB and Saftey early in the draft I think we are a top 5 unit. We may push to break the sack record this year.

well probaly get either Dix or pryor at 13 then a corner in the 3rd

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
well probaly get either Dix or pryor at 13 then a corner in the 3rd

Im thinking its gonna go in reverse of that. at 13 corner is gonna present much greater value than safety. If they trade down from 13 I could see them getting one of the safteys but I like gilbert at 13 then draft a saftey in the second or 3rd round.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
The whole article was music to my ears. Best line: “A couple of years ago, I had an opportunity to take a year off.’’

Best comment of the day by F. Mulder: "I'd rather die going for the throat than being cut to death by paper clips."

Ram_of_Old

Snead....Fisher...and Williams.

Remember those names guys! They could take us to the Promise Land.

Alan

Legend
Zaphod with key excerpts:
"Williams’ immediate concern is the secondary. He plans to play his safeties deep to serve as “overlap angels to run down things when mistakes are made in front of them.’’

“Nobody in the National Football League plays the safeties deeper than me. Nobody,’’ he said. “That’s because we’re going to play as aggressive as all get-out with our corners, linebackers and nickels."

“When we get our secondary to play a certain way, the guys up front can be even more dominant.’’

I love this! I am absolutely excited to see how this defense shapes out. And I'm a patient man, so I do understand that we won't really be seeing his defense straight away.
This just cements my desire not to draft Pryor. Pryor is a thumper who is best utilized near the LOS.

A55VA6

Legend
Gregg Williams is a straight up boss. He'll have the defense on the edge of elite.