Grade our draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Grade our draft

• A

Votes: 65 48.1%
  • B+

Votes: 36 26.7%
  • B

Votes: 21 15.6%
  • B-

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • C+

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • C

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • C-

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • F

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I graded the draft the same as @Mojo Ram and feel that @Memphis Ram summarized it best and do miss his insights....
  1. Jared Goff....It will be debated for years, however, Jeff Fisher liked this kid before he could ever thought he would have the opportunity to draft him. Quick Release, pocket pretense, tenacity and a great leader, what's not to like? Unless you liked the other guy.
  2. Tyler Higbee....If not for the off field issue, he would have went higher. If he can get past that and the Rams can work with him, he can be a very special player.
  3. Pharoh Cooper....Always comes away with the tough catch and not afraid to go across the middle, plus with empower OC Boras and Mike Groh to run some gadget plays as well.
  4. Temarrick Hemingway...The next novel I write will have a Temarrick Hemingway, funny @Memphis Ram I texted out Fendi Onobon to many of my Ram comrades, however, he offers some great upside and will work very hard for new TE Coach John Lily.
  5. Josh Forrest...Run Forrest, run....Love this kid seems tough and always seem to be around the ball when I watched Kentucky, IMO, he will have an instant impact on special teams.
  6. Mike Thomas....Love this kid and @jrry32 needs to be added to the Rams payroll, this kid can stretch the field and is exactly what new WR coach Mike Groh needed to upgrade this unit.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
they finally realized offense was an issue. too bad it took 6 extra picks to fix it. for this draft to be great , Goff MUST produce. next year's draft is a little light, so this year's needs to be almost all hits to counter all of this. this will also be the last draft that Fisher only drafts ONE defensive player................ever.
the 5 extra picks were decent considering where the players were drafted, still surprised that Jerell Adams wasnt selected over Hemingway, but what do i know. i think cooper and austin can be very good together. (or cooper replaces austin if there's a contract issue next year). fisher will control higbee, look what he did with jenkins. forrest is an interesting pick, good hands for a defender. at least the current receivers now need to perform to keep their jobs. mike thomas is the hit/miss pick that could tip this towards a great draft if he pans out.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I always though draft grades were ever evolving. I give it a B today but it could be an A in a couple years. Goff was worth the B grade by himself. This was not a good year for draft grades anyway. After the first pick we didn't have any until the 4th. Impossible to judge how good that will turn out. The best grade would be incomplete.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Mild hyperbole here...but honestly, even if the entire Rams class busts, but Goff turns out to be that elusive premium franchise QB this draft gets an A+ when you look back at it down the road.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Al I can really say is that our Offense has gotten better. There is no way it didn't. We added too much talent... a couple might flop out but the overall is improved. Goff may or may not become Joe Montana ... but he won't "bust". He will be "good" at the very least, which is better than we have had in some time. Cooper will ballout! That kid is just a straight up football player! Higbee ... only way I see him flopping is the legal issues. Add in UDFA Aaron Green at RB .. .another baller! Great at pass pro (highest rated at the position coming out with "0" misses). And he is perfect for that change of pace RB.

We got better on Offense. How much better?? ... only time will tell, but even "better" is an improvement ... with "skies the limit" being the potential.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Los Angeles Rams, A-
1 (1) (from Tennessee) Jared Goff, QB, California
4 (110) Tyler Higbee, TE, Western Kentucky
4 (117) (from Buffalo) Pharoh Cooper, WR, South Carolina
6 (177) (from Tennessee) Temarrick Hemingway, TE, South Carolina State
6 (190) Josh Forrest, ILB, Kentucky
6 (206) (from Carolina via Chicago) Michael Thomas, WR, Southern Mississippi

Day 1: The Rams made the move up to get their franchise quarterback, and they got the best QB in the draft in Goff. Our top-graded FBS quarterback brings a lot of translatable skills to the table, from intermediate and deep accuracy to his handling of pressure to his excellent pocket presence. Goff has improved every year, and he’s still filling out his frame, so given his base of NFL skills, he should continue to get better.

Day 2: No picks

Day 3: Off-field issues aside, Higbee originally had a second-round grade as his +7.9 receiving grade ranked third in the class. He’s one of the most athletic options in the draft and he can become an intermediate weapon for new QB Jared Goff. Cooper can start out as a gimmick player, but he accelerates quickly and can become a vertical option from the slot, pairing well with Goff’s skillset. Thomas is one of our favorite picks in the draft as the No. 38 player on the PFF draft board has great body control and he won contested catches at a higher rate than the other top receivers in the class.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/04/30/draft-2016-nfl-draft-grades-for-all-32-teams/

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I gave it an "A" because I think it could be the finishing touch on making the Rams a perenniel legit contender. They will need one more draft to finely hone the roster but this endeavor, turning around a team that went 15-65 the 5 years before they came on board, is very close to being realized.

Someone commented on Hemingway being an odd pick. For sure. I want to ask Jrry and Memphis, is he just a TE or could he be a sort of TE/WR hybrid? Fisher and Snead claim he can catch, can block and will be a matchup problem for defenses (and I took that to mean as strictly a TE).

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
I gave it an A for Goff alone. By that token, my grade could plummet if he fails to excel in the NFL. I think it is going to be an exciting year for sure.

nighttrain

Legend
I can never grade drafts. I like to think we did pretty damn well. Once again, it looks like we went in with a plan under the Snisher regime whereas for years I couldn't say that. I will - as always - wait until the players strap on the helmet before grading them. For now - I simply like what I see in the potential.
Great post
train

nighttrain

Legend
they finally realized offense was an issue. too bad it took 6 extra picks to fix it. for this draft to be great , Goff MUST produce. next year's draft is a little light, so this year's needs to be almost all hits to counter all of this. this will also be the last draft that Fisher only drafts ONE defensive player................ever.
the 5 extra picks were decent considering where the players were drafted, still surprised that Jerell Adams wasnt selected over Hemingway, but what do i know. i think cooper and austin can be very good together. (or cooper replaces austin if there's a contract issue next year). fisher will control higbee, look what he did with jenkins. forrest is an interesting pick, good hands for a defender. at least the current receivers now need to perform to keep their jobs. mike thomas is the hit/miss pick that could tip this towards a great draft if he pans out.
We put together the offensive line last draft, this draft filled in the skill positions. We have the defense
train

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I'm going to give it a "C"

And believe me , I'm an expert in these kinds of things

anigif_enhanced-buzz-31265-1389123428-18.gif

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/04/30/draft-2016-nfl-draft-grades-for-all-32-teams/

seunxmx.jpg

Los Angeles Rams, A-

1 (1) (from Tennessee) Jared Goff, QB, California
4 (110) Tyler Higbee, TE, Western Kentucky
4 (117) (from Buffalo) Pharoh Cooper, WR, South Carolina
6 (177) (from Tennessee) Temarrick Hemingway, TE, South Carolina State
6 (190) Josh Forrest, ILB, Kentucky
6 (206) (from Carolina via Chicago) Michael Thomas, WR, Southern Mississippi

Day 1: The Rams made the move up to get their franchise quarterback, and they got the best QB in the draft in Goff. Our top-graded FBS quarterback brings a lot of translatable skills to the table, from intermediate and deep accuracy to his handling of pressure to his excellent pocket presence. Goff has improved every year, and he’s still filling out his frame, so given his base of NFL skills, he should continue to get better.

Day 2: No picks

Day 3: Off-field issues aside, Higbee originally had a second-round grade as his +7.9 receiving grade ranked third in the class. He’s one of the most athletic options in the draft and he can become an intermediate weapon for new QB Jared Goff. Cooper can start out as a gimmick player, but he accelerates quickly and can become a vertical option from the slot, pairing well with Goff’s skillset. Thomas is one of our favorite picks in the draft as the No. 38 player on the PFF draft board has great body control and he won contested catches at a higher rate than the other top receivers in the class.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
We put together the offensive line last draft, this draft filled in the skill positions. We have the defense
train
I was trying to esplain this to my wife. She feigned interest and then went back to her facebooking. :unsure: But it is interesting (to me - obviously not my wife) how this regime has worked the drafts. We had a really bad team before Snisher got here - but at least it was 3 deep in bad players at most positions.:( They have hit on quite a few players between the draft and UDFA. That allowed them to then concentrate on the O-line last year and put together a unit that can grow together. Now this year we look to have completed the build by filling key offensive skill positions. We could probably still use a legit #1 receiver but .... Not sure what that means in terms of wins and losses as other teams don't just stay static but I like our chances. It's a good and exciting time to be a Rams fan.

nighttrain

Legend
I was trying to esplain this to my wife. She feigned interest and then went back to her facebooking. :unsure: But it is interesting (to me - obviously not my wife) how this regime has worked the drafts. We had a really bad team before Snisher got here - but at least it was 3 deep in bad players at most positions.:( They have hit on quite a few players between the draft and UDFA. That allowed them to then concentrate on the O-line last year and put together a unit that can grow together. Now this year we look to have completed the build by filling key offensive skill positions. We could probably still use a legit #1 receiver but .... Not sure what that means in terms of wins and losses as other teams don't just stay static but I like our chances. It's a good and exciting time to be a Rams fan.
Indeed it is sir
train

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Just imagine how much better Tavon and Gurley just got after this draft!!!!!

I'm looking forward to getting first downs in regularity and scoring consistently when we get into the red zone

Of course there will be some growing pains but this team is looking good on paper

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I think we are awful full of optimist around here. I'm as excited as the next guy about a fresh start at QB. But let's be real, this isn't the best class of QBs that has been out in a while. I hope he turns into a fucking stud, but his record was pretty atrocious. Then we don't pick again til day 3 and get a troubled TE, a TE who isn't really a TE, and two WR's that people are pumped about...if they were "pumped" worthy they wouldn't be there day 3. Day three is made for finger crossing. I like the tape I see on Cooper and Thomas. But most high light reels are pretty bad ass. I'm just skeptical. I hope that Snisher has a plan. But with the lack of FA and draft picks....color me nervous. Hope I'm wrong

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
they finally realized offense was an issue.

I realize they haven't had offensive success - but Snisher have ALWAYS put a lot of resources into the offense.

In 5 years they have had 7 firsts - 4 of them were used on offensive players. In the two years they had two firsts, they used the earlier one on an offensive player each year. They have signed a number of expensive free agents for offense too - who haven't worked out, but the effort was there.

Between 2012 and 2015 (including supplemental) they have had 38 draft picks - 22 were used on offense, 15 defense and one was a kicker. They had 5 seconds during that span, 3 were used on offense - but the only one that has worked out is Havenstein.

They've been trying to build the offense since they took over the team, just with spectacularly poor results, at least partially because of Bradford and his Ken doll knee.