Goff Press Conference and Fisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
Jared sounds more mature and more confident than before. I also like how Fisher says they'll be expanding the playbook more downfield with Jared under center.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Did anyone else get the sense that he's excited, in a cliché kind of way.

Bruce2980

Starter
Jared sounds more mature and more confident than before. I also like how Fisher says they'll be expanding the playbook more downfield with Jared under center.
In other words; "We had to restrict the play book when Keenum was in at QB and that is why we had so many pass plays were NONE of the WRs went past 7 yards beyond the LOS."

jap

Legend

They have to. We need much more downfield Air Martz than the short-range West Coast nonsense.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I like the way both Goff and Fisher handled the press. Goff seems calm and ready to get started, he seems to have appreciated the process and learning how things work not only on Sundays but throughout the week, and I really enjoyed how he appreciates what Case has done for him.

Fisher seems to be all in and why wouldn't he be. He was thoughtful not reactive in his answers and looks like a guy who is in control, not on the hot seat and is ready to take the next step in bringing this organization back to a hgiher level.

In other words; "We had to restrict the play book when Keenum was in at QB and that is why we had so many pass plays were NONE of the WRs went past 7 yards beyond the LOS."
Really? How many throws downfield did Keenum make. You should do some homework about where this offense ranks this year.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sounds like Goff figured out the tickle behind the nuts trick that Keenum had down pat.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Did anyone else get the sense that he's excited, in a cliché kind of way.

That concern me to a degree, you can change it up a bit, or talk about something else. Right now I feel Goff is apprehensive in his verbiage, that's okay, but at the very minimum there are other words that can still mean excited.

If you played a drinking game and drank every time Goff stated the word "excited." Most would have been under the influence within three minutes.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
They need to "Expand" the play book just so we are not so damned predictable!! Not just for Goff! And to open up the run game!JMO

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Well, I think it's fair to say that the playbook and gameplan just got opened up by starting Goff. Always a good thing.

Now, execution is a different matter, of course. But the opposing D now has to honor additional threats while facing Goff vs facing Keenum.

Don't think that's even debatable.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Well, I think it's fair to say that the playbook and gameplan just got opened up by starting Goff. Always a good thing.

Now, execution is a different matter, of course. But the opposing D now has to honor additional threats while facing Goff vs facing Keenum.

Don't think that's even debatable.

I just hope we don't see the same damn predictable offense. I know Goff is gonna have his bumps in the road but, do you get the sense the Fisher is just saying that to back people off the LOS? That's what Im getting from it.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Just like they would with Keenum, the Dolphins will make the QB beat them. It's his first game and they are going to make him prove he can beat them. So look for them to load up the box at least at the beginning. If Goff is successful on a few plays they may change that up.

Bruce2980

Starter
T
I like the way both Goff and Fisher handled the press. Goff seems calm and ready to get started, he seems to have appreciated the process and learning how things work not only on Sundays but throughout the week, and I really enjoyed how he appreciates what Case has done for him.

Fisher seems to be all in and why wouldn't he be. He was thoughtful not reactive in his answers and looks like a guy who is in control, not on the hot seat and is ready to take the next step in bringing this organization back to a hgiher level.

Really? How many throws downfield did Keenum make. You should do some homework about where this offense ranks this year.
Maybe you should do your own homework and then you would know what I am talking about. Here are two 2nd down plays from last week alone where even IF Keenum wanted to throw the ball past seven yards, it would have only been caught by a guy wearing green. You see the guys on his team stoped their routes at five and seven yards on these plays. It's little wonder that so many defenses are jumping the short routes the Rams are running, they do that because the Rams run these plays a lot. And who has ever heard of a defense in the NFL jumping short routes? Isn't that a WRs dream? I bet it only happens regularly against a Fisher coached, Keenum QB led team. A little hard to make throws downfield with routes like that in my apparently ignorant opinion.

And doesn't this offense rank at the bottom of the NFL? Or is that just something I have observed in my own reality?

Pass_play_3_w_routes.jpg

Pass_play_2_w_routes.jpg

Last edited:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
T
Maybe you should do your own homework and then you would know what I am talking about. And doesn't this offense rank at the bottom of the NFL or is that just something I have observed in my world?

Pass_play_3_w_routes.jpg

Pass_play_2_w_routes.jpg
Offensive ranking has nothing to do with the number of throws downfield.

How about that throw to Britt in the first quarter last week slightly more than 7 yards. Throwing the ball 40 plus per game the last 3 more than the NFL average and part of the problem with Gurley's number of touches. Did they have throws short of the sticks and end zone, yes. They also had a high percentage of deep throws.

Where's @-X- when you need him?

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Just like they would with Keenum, the Dolphins will make the QB beat them. It's his first game and they are going to make him prove he can beat them. So look for them to load up the box at least at the beginning. If Goff is successful on a few plays they may change that up.
If the Dolphins are stacking the box from the get-go, I'd go balls to the wall and call a flea-flicker on the first play from scrimmage -- send Britt and Cooper on 9-routes.

Bruce2980

Starter
None of what
Offensive ranking has nothing to do with the number of throws downfield.

How about that throw to Britt in the first quarter last week slightly more than 7 yards. Throwing the ball 40 plus per game the last 3 more than the NFL average and part of the problem with Gurley's number of touches. Did they have throws short of the sticks and end zone, yes. They also had a high percentage of deep throws.

Where's @-X- when you need him?
Nothing you said has anything to do with the Rams coaching staff calling plays where there is absolutely no option to throw the deep ball. I never claimed that the Rams don't throw deep or try to throw deep.

Ram65

Legend
Jared sounds like Jared with even more confidence. He has a calm confidence about him. He needs snaps/time as Fish said and some help from the offensive players. They should be pumped up as will the fans.