Godzilla vs King Kong

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It’s like a mini bday present for my son tomorrow. Godzilla vs King Kong will release tomorrow and is available on HBOMax. I’ll let you know what we think. My boy, 16 on the 31st, is super hyped for the movie. Hopefully it’s not a let down.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
index331.jpg

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
That movie looks so damn good. I may have to get hbo max for the month to watch it with my boy. That and the new Justice League

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
the last few Godzilla movies have been pretty good. My kids and I are interested in this - my wife - not so much

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That movie looks so damn good. I may have to get hbo max for the month to watch it with my boy. That and the new Justice League
The first month or week is usually free. I’d suggest it. The new Mortal Combat is out mid April on it too.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Saving it for Saturday so I don't have to think about work or adulting while I watch it.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Already watched Zack Snyder's Justice League and wow.

I honestly didn't feel the 4 hours. It actually felt like LESS time than the theatrical release.

TONS better character dev.

In most cases, they do more, but there are a few subjects (you'll notice pretty early on) that Zack de-emphasizes a main character pretty strongly and yadda-yaddas him more than a bit (so you know it's not WW)

Still, overall, it was so much better than the theatrical release that it was worth it.

Gonna watch Godzilla vs King Kong with my son later today... should be good. We've been looking forward to it for many months now...

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'm watching this as soon as I get home tonight with one of my sons.

When my boys were very young, I bought a box set of the old original Godzilla movies for them. They all couldn't wait for me to put the first one in the DVD player so they could watch it. Soon after they finally got to see the monster for the 1st time... one of them asked me - "Dad, why does it look like that, something looks weird about it". I had to think fast... so I told them that it looks like that because the movies and the cameras that shot this are very old... but also... these are actual shots of the real thing and the government doesn't really want people seeing this stuff. Once they thought it was actual real footage... they watched all the movies in that box set like it was the most amazing thing they had ever seen. LOLOLOLOL

I look forward to reminding my son about this tonight.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I believe viewers who like action will dig the majority of the movie. Old school viewers like myself and others will enjoy some of the classic story line.

Overall I’d say

3 out of 5,

B-,

7 out 10(if you like a greater scale),

or 2.75 out if 4 stars on the movie rating.

I think fans will like it more than critics. I hope everyone enjoys it.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
I'm waiting for a RODAN remake. I think I was 8-9 when I saw that movie.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I'm hoping for Gamera , just doesn't get any better then a fire breathing flying turtle

tumblr_nie1e3dG4p1u8qr43o1_500.gif

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
And here I am, wondering when the absolute fuck Anguirus comes back to the Godzilla films. He is an amazing kaiju, one of Godzilla's staunchest allies, and yet...nothing.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Anyone else have difficulty finding appeal in heavy CGI movies? Too much Computer Generated Imagery turns me off. Even movies, like Star Wars, have to have a degree of believability to me, or I can’t get into it.

Going all the way back to Avatar. I still have not watched that movie.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anyone else have difficulty finding appeal in heavy CGI movies? Too much Computer Generated Imagery turns me off. Even movies, like Star Wars, have to have a degree of believability to me, or I can’t get into it.

you missed the boat with avatar.

you had to see it at the movies in 3d, in a big cinema with big sound.

when it was real people it wasn't very good in 3d. i got a little dizzy. but when the cartoons took over it was spectacular. i think the best 3d movie i've ever seen.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Been waiting for this movie since I was a kid. Saw it, loved it. Just plain silly, mindless fun.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

My wife and youngest son really liked Avatar. Me and my oldest? Not so much. I'm with you on the overuse of CGI.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
My wife and youngest son really liked Avatar. Me and my oldest? Not so much. I'm with you on the overuse of CGI.

I hated Avatar. The only character I actually liked was the pilot played by Michelle Rodriguez (and that's probably because I lowkey am attracted to her). The plot was especially lame, cliche, and made no sense. The main character betrayed the natives, and they hated him...but he captures one bird creature, and they all follow him? Just made zero sense.