Go get Calvin Johnson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
They're 0-5 and in a spiral. They have no running game, No defense. He's 30 yrs old but not near done.
contract: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/detroit-lions/calvin-johnson/

We have picks and depth at a few positions. Quick isn't the answer and neither is Britt.

Gurley and Tavon are great weapons but there's no threat beyond the LOS/short game.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Hmmm. Someone said in the Thurs game thread that he's no longer megatron...now just Tron.

Still. That's an interesting thought. He isnt getting any shorter!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
NFL teams don't fire sale like in MLB. Is he on the last year of his contract? I'm not sure where all the talk of the Bears dumping payroll either. If I understand correctly, it doesn't work even similarly in the NFL like it does in baseball. But maybe we could trade them straight up for Cook. :thinking::whistle:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No..I'd rather have an excellent lineman...Without improving pass protect, the WR doesn't matter

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Meh, I'll wait for Quick to shake off that rust. He just got back from a nasty injury and is trying to get back 100% mentally.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No lets not waste the draft picks to trade for him or the cap space he'll come with.

Irish

Starter
Meh, I'll wait for Quick to shake off that rust. He just got back from a nasty injury and is trying to get back 100% mentally.
tumblr_inline_n641kc1n6F1r3tez7.png

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan

You think getting Johnson will solve our offensive woes? FAs don't make much of an impact from the get-go because they have to learn a new system.
Also, look at our salary cap situation and that contract, good luck re-signing key players with that trade.

Our O-line was the main problem today, getting hit constantly like Foles did will make any QB's accuracy and progressions look like shit.
I'll pass judgment on the O-line until they have 10 games under their belt as a unit.
I swear people have problems looking at talent and are easy to dismiss chemistry and continuity...

Irish

Starter
You think getting Johnson will solve our offensive woes? FAs don't make much of an impact from the get-go because they have to learn a new system.
Also, look at our salary cap situation and that contract, good luck re-signing key players with that trade.

Our O-line was the main problem today, getting hit constantly like Foles did will make any QB's accuracy and progressions look like crap.
I'll pass judgment on the O-line until they have 10 games under their belt as a unit.
I swear people have problems looking at talent and are easy to dismiss chemistry and continuity...

Ha ha, no, not at all. I think Calvin, like Andre in Houston, is more or less finished. He might have a big game and change a few people's minds, but their days as a dominant WR1 are over.

I do, however, think its equally foolish to expect Quick to be a WR1 at this point. He is another in a long line of receivers who have high expectations pumped up by coaches the media or whatever who just aren't all that. Like Cordarrelle Patterson, Robert Woods, Stephen Hill, Jonathan Baldwin, Heyward Bey, and so on, and so on. WR is not an easy position to draft now a days, and Quick is just not a top WR.

EDIT- I also think that picture is hilarious, so there's that.,,

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
EDIT- I also think that picture is hilarious, so there's that.,,
Why did I think PD board when I saw that? I can picture the posters with flames all around them being quite comfortable there. I'm not commenting at you, just the PD board itself. I'm sure it is once again on total flame war status.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I do, however, think its equally foolish to expect Quick to be a WR1 at this point.

That's exactly why I meant waiting for him to get into rhythm. He doesn't have to be a #1 go-to receiver, the Rams passing game isn't structured like that. What I want is productive receivers all around, something that can allow play designs to exploit opposing defense's weaknesses and to do that, the O-line needs to give Foles enough time to go through his progressions.

RamzFanz

Damnit
They're 0-5 and in a spiral. They have no running game, No defense. He's 30 yrs old but not near done.
contract: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/detroit-lions/calvin-johnson/

We have picks and depth at a few positions. Quick isn't the answer and neither is Britt.

Gurley and Tavon are great weapons but there's no threat beyond the LOS/short game.

Mojo, Mojo, Mojo...:thinking:

When Quick gets back in his groove, Britt and Quick are going to be gouging teams leaving Gurley, TA, and Bailey destroying at the LOS and in the short game.

ONE real start, Quick has one rusty drop, and he's not the answer even though he was wide open with a nice move BEYOND the sticks.

Did you not notice Bailey this game? Really? 3 Receptions for 73 yards and no drops.

The very last thing the Rams need, IMHO, is a WR. We need an o-line. We need Foles on his feet. If we trade, we need linemen.

Irish

Starter
He doesn't have to be a #1 go-to receiver, the Rams passing game isn't structured like that
This is something fans of teams with crappy receiving corps say.

We wouldn't be saying that if we had a legit #1 WR. We would be saying how grateful we are that [Cooper/Julio/Green/Bryant/Thomas/Insert your favorite WR here] can not only catch the ball in double coverage, but makes it easier on Foles and the other WRs.

And before you talk about Brady and Rodgers not having a legit #1 (Gronk and Cobb totally are, but I get the argument), they are transcendent, once in a generation talents that elevate the players around them.

V3

Hall of Fame
A more realistic bet would be Jeffrey from Chicago in my opinion.
Would be great for us but I still can't believe Chicago would be willing to part with him unless we overpay and that would be stupid, IMO.