Georgia Dome imploded after 25 years of use

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Sorry about the click bait title. :) It's sort of a literal meaning. They just blew up the old Georgia Dome. Among other great events there was one very special to us all. The Rams only Super Bowl title was achieved in that building. :football:

They can blow up the house, but they can't take away our title!!

Ike Bruce "...and their not gonna catch him today!"

Mike Jones. The Tackle.
:cheers:
Here's to new stadiums. New memories. New SB wins!!

http://videos.vidible.tv/prod/2017-...NfB3x9qX2eUmY5goJlIN-gXRTpupJtx5M_-H_vLYOvYGt

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Sorry about the click bait title
200.webp

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I saw two Rams games there and most importantly saw Paul McCartney and Wings with Linda and Denny Laine the guitar player.

Not one single thing wrong with that stadium.
I went there a couple years ago to watch a Rams game and it was nice.

Wasteful spending money.

threesox84

3rd Generation Ramwagoner
Name
Greg
So incredibly wasteful.

Hopefully this is the last of this kind of thing. Modern stadiums have such huge footprints that I'm hoping this new generation can just be renovated periodically.

Even the legendary Forum in Inglewood only got 31 years out of the Lakers and Kings before both teams bailed. It would've been blown up too had it not also been a great music venue.

…..

Legend
Still a smaller implosion than the Falcons D in the super bowl.

I was listening to radio coverage of the implosion on my way to work. The morning show on Rock105...but any way, one of the DJ's says..."Isn't that the score board? The score board survived, it's still standing" To which the other guy says "Yeah and it says the score is 28-3" lol

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
So incredibly wasteful.

Hopefully this is the last of this kind of thing. Modern stadiums have such huge footprints that I'm hoping this new generation can just be renovated periodically.

Even the legendary Forum in Inglewood only got 31 years out of the Lakers and Kings before both teams bailed. It would've been blown up too had it not also been a great music venue.

Well, first it was purchased by a church and services were held there.

It may still be owned by the church, I dunno. I do know that at one point they had a few low key concerts and someone spent money to renovate it only to realize it’s a fantastic venue and still has plenty of use.

I’m with those who lament the waste. They do a cost analysis for at least 30 years including how to finance it. If the actual life is only 15-20, then at the very least that should be reflected in the cost, financing and tax abatement schedule. I mean, it makes no sense to finance a structure for 30 years that will be vacant in 20.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
So incredibly wasteful.

Love the Forum.
Saw Van Halen and Jethro Tull there.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Did they use the same people that took down world trade centre building 7?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It may still be owned by the church, I dunno. I do know that at one point they had a few low key concerts and someone spent money to renovate it only to realize it’s a fantastic venue and still has plenty of use.
The outfit that owns Madison Square Garden bought it from the church and renovated it into a first class music venue from my understanding. That will be a buzzing area when the Rams get done with their 238 acre project.

threesox84

Name
Greg
Well, first it was purchased by a church and services were held there.

The church that owned it did a relatively decent job keeping it up. It was still used as a secular concert venue and did okay during those years, but by 2010 it was in bad shape. It'd basically been a time capsule since the late '80s and was starting to look like the Sports Arena across town (yikes). I remember Prince (RIP) had a special fondness for it and did like 21 concerts there in part just to keep the build open.

I saw Soundgarden there in 2011 and Chris Cornell (also RIP) said he'd been told that this could potentially be the final concert there.

It turned out he would've been right, except MSG swooped in, bought it, dumped $150M into the building and soundsystem and put the full weight of its booking and advertising might behind it. The turnaround has been pretty remarkable.

Now it almost seems weird when a big artist chooses Staples Center.

I’m with those who lament the waste. They do a cost analysis for at least 30 years including how to finance it. If the actual life is only 15-20, then at the very least that should be reflected in the cost, financing and tax abatement schedule. I mean, it makes no sense to finance a structure for 30 years that will be vacant in 20.

Even 30 years seems ridiculously short. I get that it's hard to forecast how fans will watch sports in the future, but damn -- I remember when buildings used to be "permanent."

threesox84

Name
Greg
Love the Forum.
Saw Van Halen and Jethro Tull there.

Damn, that must've been a wall of sound!

I saw Foo Fighters and Soundgarden there before the renovation (when it was basically the same hall Hendrix played in) and Chicago/Doobie Brothers afterwards. It sounded good beforehand, but the money MSG spent was well worth it. There was still that rumble you get with a band in a huge building, but it didn't overpower anything and you could hear every detail, even with ear plugs in (which you didn't really need).

Psycho_X

Legend
Boo, the site of one of my favorite days. Sad to see so many links to the gsot era quickly disappearing over the last few years. Getting old sucks lol.