Game Ball

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
There were some pretty impressive performances last night from Sam who was being hurried JUST as much as Kolb,but got rid of the ball and let his play makers make plays,just refused to BE sacked, to Jenkins who kept Fitzgerald out of the end zone and showed he can fill in for DA to Robert Quin whose name Kolb is trying to remember , to Givens who squeezed the game icing TD.

All said to let people KNOW I KNOW this was a team effort, but JMO the guy who stepped up and fulfilled the role I think he is best suited for and did it admirably,SJ ,he KILLED the clock in the second half and gave our D the time to re oxygenate so they COULD stop AZ cuz IMO if the time of possession second half had been the same as the first half ,we lose.
We out coached the Cards they expected us to come out trying to run and we passed and got that lead SO EVEN THEN the threat of SJ helped us.
IF he'd just switch hands and use that jaw rattling stiff arm going left he could still be the franchise back we need him to be.
If you extended his number throughout the game to be twice his second half he'd have run for nearly 150 yards,his second half made the rest possible.
So he gets my game ball.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I can't even think of one guy who stood above everyone else. This was the epitome of a team effort, IMO. O-line, D-line, Special Teams, Jax, Richardson, Dola, Givens, Bradford, Jenkins, Finnegan, Stewart. They all played a hand in this one. And that 53 yarder hit the net. Hit. The. Net.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
I can't even think of one guy who stood above everyone else. This was the epitome of a team effort, IMO. O-line, D-line, Special Teams, Jax, Richardson, Dola, Givens, Bradford, Jenkins, Finnegan, Stewart. They all played a hand in this one. And that 53 yarder hit the net. Hit. The. Net.
When did you KNOW we'd win?
I'll tell you when I knew on that drive when SJ dominated the AZ defense and ate the time AZ needed to come back, their o-line stepped up and kept Kolb clean for the drive that they SHOULD HAVE scored on , but we ate the clock so even IF they score we took the time away they would have needed to score again.
Any way, thread rules, THOU MUST AWARD a GAME BALL :cheese:

Before the game Fisher smiled a sly smile and told the interviewer that SJ was going to answer the bell in a big way,JMO but I SEE what he meant.

BTW if I give two the second goes to Sam cuz IMO he was AS hurried as Kolb but HE DIDN't hold the ball and GET SACKED ,Charlie Casserly was dissing Kolb for that this morning on NFL AM.IMO if THEY HAD SAM and we had Kolb they win.
If THEY HAD SJ and we had Williams might be the same thing.
Props to everyone though, but rules are rules so I gotta give ONE :ww:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
When did I KNOW they were going to win?

When I saw the blood trickling out of Kolb's mouth. :hehe:

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
If we have to give it to one player, I'd go Quinn. He was in the backfield all game long, 3 sacks, countless pressures and QB hits

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
brokeu91 said:
If we have to give it to one player, I'd go Quinn. He was in the backfield all game long, 3 sacks, countless pressures and QB hits
Yeah I respect that, and lemme' ADD that the post game put your hand in the plaster honors they gave CL and JL was political, NOT taking away from those two, but IF Quinns daddy was a HOF player turned broadcaster Quinn woulda been who they brought in,IOW it was for the entertainment value.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
The defense as a whole would be my choice if I could pick multiple players. But the individual gameball goes to Hekker for effectively neutralizing Peterson. I mean, the kid was kicking sixty-something-yard coffin corner punts for the entire game. The longest return that Peterson got was wiped out by an offsides call. Hekker - when combined with our defense - gave our offense great field position all night.

This was his best game of the year, and he's only going to get better from here. Scary thought, huh?

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Memento said:
The defense as a whole would be my choice if I could pick multiple players. But the individual gameball goes to Hekker for effectively neutralizing Peterson. I mean, the kid was kicking sixty-something-yard coffin corner punts for the entire game. The longest return that Peterson got was wiped out by an offsides call. Hekker - when combined with our defense - gave our offense great field position all night.

This was his best game of the year, and he's only going to get better from here. Scary thought, huh?
He had a good game and IMO has beenvastly overlooked in all the attention being paid to GZ, his longest kickwas 17 yards longer than AZ's punter, yup kept Patrick Peterson bottled up on one side of the field andby the time he's run 35 yards acroosthe field to get tothe clear he's not made ANY yards and has started slowing down.
If I recall correctly Hekker had the same number of punts (7) and 75 yards more yards so he averaged out punting the AZ guy by 10 yards per kick.THAT WAS HUGE. Hell over a game that's damned sure one scoring drive maybe two.
What I'm delighted about is that so far everyone has a different guy which means every one is pulling their weight and we're ateam who can rely on one another not just look to one guy.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Man - That's a tough one. Everyone pulled their weight possibly without exception. I might actually have to go with Jenks. How many passes did he react to and prevent sure big completions? Dude was covering Fitz at least half the night. It was his position on the 5 yard line that made the pass look like a stupid idea. How many times have we watched Fitz burn us or other teams on that exact route? Then the - oh bye the way - we need you to return punts.

Second game ball to Snead. You kidding me? Richardson, Hates, Finn, Jenkins, Zuerlein, Hekker, Brockers, Langford, and Dunbar all played big for us. And have you ever seen a better rookie class? Even True was out there smacking people around.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
RamFan503 said:
Man - That's a tough one. Everyone pulled their weight possibly without exception. I might actually have to go with Jenks. How many passes did he react to and prevent sure big completions? Dude was covering Fitz at least half the night. It was his position on the 5 yard line that made the pass look like a stupid idea. How many times have we watched Fitz burn us or other teams on that exact route? Then the - oh bye the way - we need you to return punts.

Second game ball to Snead. You kidding me? Richardson, Hates, Finn, Jenkins, Zuerlein, Hekker, Brockers, Langford, and Dunbar all played big for us. And have you ever seen a better rookie class? Even True was out there smacking people around.
Yeah he jammed Fitz so hard on that play he had to break it inside.

After that play Fitzgerald trotted by Micheal Irvin and quipped "they're playing with fire" :rofl:
Playing against Fitzgerald THAT WAS deserving of a ball no doubt and yeah the newbies and Fisher are the diff. this year last years team UNINJURED wasn't close to these guys

bluecoconuts

Legend
I was actually shocked that Dion Sanders kept talking about Fitzgerald being matched up 1 on 1 against Jenkins and he didn't get any credit to JJ. It was all "He was matched against a rookie! Why not take advantage of that?!"

Uh, I don't know Dion. Maybe because Jenkins was on him like a fat kid on cake, that's why? He almost had 3 picks, and would have had a pick six had Fitzgerald not pulled back on his facemask. I wouldn't test him either, he would have taken at least one to the house had they kept trying him.