Game all said and done, how do you feel on Stacy?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
DR RAM said:
I saw the difference, back to back on a few series, and Stacy is RB #1 until he gets unseated. To me it's not even a discussion, unless Pead gets a whole game opportunity to shine.

What is this fixation of Pead? He is really a non factor, he came in and lost the #2 rb position to a 7th rounder. He gets the opportunity to be a kr and gets yanked from that last year in a few games. This year he loses kr duties permenantly to an udfa. An udfa and a 5th rd pick starts over him. Then he is healthy but deactivated for a game. The only reason he is still on the team is becuase he was a high draft pick. He is 4th on the rb depth chart. What else do u need to see?? Pead probably will be better in an offense that does a lot of edge rushing plays. We aren't that team.

Stacy looks like a true NFL back, nothing spectacular but he runs hard, pushes piles, and is hard to bring down.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
fastcat said:
DR RAM said:
I saw the difference, back to back on a few series, and Stacy is RB #1 until he gets unseated. To me it's not even a discussion, unless Pead gets a whole game opportunity to shine.

What is this fixation of Pead? He is really a non factor, he came in and lost the #2 rb position to a 7th rounder. He gets the opportunity to be a kr and gets yanked from that last year in a few games. This year he loses kr duties permenantly to an udfa. An udfa and a 5th rd pick starts over him. Then he is healthy but deactivated for a game. The only reason he is still on the team is becuase he was a high draft pick. He is 4th on the rb depth chart. What else do u need to see?? Pead probably will be better in an offense that does a lot of edge rushing plays. We aren't that team.

Stacy looks like a true NFL back, nothing spectacular but he runs hard, pushes piles, and is hard to bring down.

Not a fixation at all. Just an observation that he hasn't had the opportunity that Stacy and Richardson have had. So, until today, we didn't know what we had in Stacy, did we? That's all that I am saying. I was very pleased with Stacy today.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
DR RAM said:

Do you know what he did to get in the doghouse?
I totally agreee, just don't think Pead will every get that may carries in a game. Sure doesn't look like it anyway so far.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
DR RAM said:
fastcat said:
DR RAM said:

Not a fixation at all. Just an observation that he hasn't had the opportunity that Stacy and Richardson have had. So, until today, we didn't know what we had in Stacy, did we? That's all that I am saying. I was very pleased with Stacy today.

I see what you're saying but Pead has had his chance... Last year and in both preseasons. What we've seen is he is indecisive, he may fumble, he will make a few people miss in open space but if u tap his shoe string he falls down, and he is a good and willing blocker.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
bwdenverram said:
DR RAM said:

I totally agreee, just don't think Pead will every get that may carries in a game. Sure doesn't look like it anyway so far.
I think that weird insider we have that broke the news on Pead being inactive said something about not showing up and missing a team flight, along the lines of apathy.

He's been spot on, so I don't know. It's a weird thing to buy in on, but he's been right on the mark twice. If so, it seems like Pead is knuckleheading his way out of our lineup.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
bwdenverram said:
DR RAM said:

It started with his suspension, it continued with his offseason comments that may have been misconstrued, it gained steam with his fumbles, and poor play in the preseason, and then it culminated with him being late to a team meeting, and maybe missing a flight, after missing a couple of blocking assignments in the previous game.

I am not saying that he SHOULD start, and I don't know if he ever will, nor if he may deserve too, but what I am saying, is that he is very talented, and I would have loved to see what he would bring to the table at some point. Stacy is the guy right now, and he was very impressive today.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
DR RAM said:
bwdenverram said:
DR RAM said:

It started with his suspension, it continued with his offseason comments that may have been misconstrued, it gained steam with his fumbles, and poor play in the preseason, and then it culminated with him being late to a team meeting, and maybe missing a flight, after missing a couple of blocking assignments in the previous game.

I am not saying that he SHOULD start, and I don't know if he ever will, nor if he may deserve too, but what I am saying, is that he is very talented, and I would have loved to see what he would bring to the table at some point. Stacy is the guy right now, and he was very impressive today.

Got it. Thanks for the replay of events. It's sad, I was very high on him. Hopefully it's not too late. If he had his head on straight I think he could be really good.
But looks like we'll get a lot of time to see what Stacy can do.

iced

Not a bad night from stacy at all - better than Drich.. still lacking that playmaking ability, but he's definitely gets some of those hidden yards. Too bad he left with a rib injury.

Still would like to see Pead behind the line performing like that, much better blocking (I noticed cook was used significantly less in the run game)

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Feed Stacy the ball 20+ times a game and he gets better. I hope we can get to that point. Right now we really can't run the ball that much. I'd love to see him get that many and sprinkle in DR for 7+ and let Pead get a couple to give him a little chance to get involved. 30 rushes a game probably means we are winning or at least have a chance to win.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
It will be a more realistic test against a better D. Not enough info for a true assessment that being said he did not disappoint.

fearsomefour

Legend
jrry32 said:
Should be our starter. Recognizes cutback lanes, pushes the pile, hits the lane hard, breaks tackles, falls forward for positive yardage when he's bottled up...he's easily our best HB. Our others don't do any of that with any regularity.

And that is the key. It aint abotu 40 time. He was able to see a hole or cut back and get positive yards. Not being tentative. Runs in a physical manner. The Rams could split time between him and Richardson the rest of the way and Im fine with that.

iced

fearsomefour said:
jrry32 said:
Should be our starter. Recognizes cutback lanes, pushes the pile, hits the lane hard, breaks tackles, falls forward for positive yardage when he's bottled up...he's easily our best HB. Our others don't do any of that with any regularity.

And that is the key. It aint abotu 40 time. He was able to see a hole or cut back and get positive yards. Not being tentative. Runs in a physical manner. The Rams could split time between him and Richardson the rest of the way and Im fine with that.

ugh.

Make it Stacy and Pead and I'm down. I'm tired of watching DRich run directly into a pile of guys and not even search for a hole, nor is any good out of back field

Graphicker

Starter
I've been calling for this since week 2 in another forum. Stacey is a chain mover and can move the pile. Dude is so damm agile as well.
Reminds me of a Stephen Davis in Carolina. I know it's early and the Jaguars suck. But I saw this in Vandy.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
iced said:
fearsomefour said:
jrry32 said:

ugh.

Make it Stacy and Pead and I'm down. I'm tired of watching DRich run directly into a pile of guys and not even search for a hole, nor is any good out of back field

Agreed, it should be Stacy and Pead. The Rams wasted a ton of training camp time on Pead if they aren't going to play him. The small sample size of Pead looks better than Richardson who runs into his own players as if he has the vision of Mr. Magoo.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Graphicker said:
I've been calling for this since week 2 in another forum. Stacey is a chain mover and can move the pile. Dude is so damm agile as well.
Reminds me of a Stephen Davis in Carolina. I know it's early and the Jaguars suck. But I saw this in Vandy.

Saw it too. Never had much help at Vandy but just ate up chunks of yards. He's not the type of guy that will take it 80 yards. Instead, he's the type that just eats away at a defense by consistently picking up small chunks of positive yards and rarely ever losing yardage.

Kind of like Emmitt Smith was for Dallas. He doesn't have Smith's talent but he's a grinder that will find the hole and get you some yardage. As a player, I'd say Stacy reminds me of Travis Henry. I doubt though he'll have the problems with children and marijuana that Henry had.

RamsNation

Rookie
He has earned another shot and clearly looks to be the only back capable of breaking tackles and going forward when tackled.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Ramhusker said:
Feed Stacy the ball 20+ times a game and he gets better. I hope we can get to that point. Right now we really can't run the ball that much. I'd love to see him get that many and sprinkle in DR for 7+ and let Pead get a couple to give him a little chance to get involved. 30 rushes a game probably means we are winning or at least have a chance to win.
I can go with this.

I definitely think that Stacy is the kind of guy who can get better as the game goes on. He breaks tackles, always seems to get positive yardage and is a chain mover.

If we are going to go with the short pass offense then we need a RB who can reliably get us 3-5 yards so that we don't have to go 10 yard passes on third down when our offense isn't designed to do so. To me Zac is much more of the type of RB needed for this offense then say D Rich. I like D Rich but I don't think he'll be much more than a change of pace back in this offense

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
iced said:
Not a bad night from stacy at all - better than Drich.. still lacking that playmaking ability, but he's definitely gets some of those hidden yards. Too bad he left with a rib injury.

Still would like to see Pead behind the line performing like that, much better blocking (I noticed cook was used significantly less in the run game)
exactly, IF Pead were to somehow get his head out of his ass he is our best athlete at the position and has Faulk like potential, I SAID LIKE,SO DON'T SHOOT
So as long as he's on the roster and we aren't setting the world on fire with our run game IMA be wanting him to be given a shot so I can see for myself if he's a bust.
For NOW Fisher hasn't cut him so IMA say Jeffe has hopes he works out

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Three tight end sets with Stacy in the backfield and Harkey lead blocking. This should give Cook more looks as well. With Cook, Kendricks, and Harkey all on the field, play action should free Cook for some Seam routes.

nighttrain

Legend
libertadrocks said:
I wasn't overly impressed. The line blocked a hell of a lot better.

Stacy is what he is. He is a physical RB without real playmaking ability. SHould he start from here on out? Maybe, but thats more of a commentary on the RBs than on Stacy. We need to upgrade the position.
Stacy had a very good game, unless Pead has done himself to much harm he's doomed on our roster, i'd like to see him get the touches Stacy got before crowning a king
train