Free agent signing thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Nick Fairley, huh? I'd work his ass out - hard - and see how he does first. Scuttle is that he is lazy and out of shape.

RamBill

Legend
Rams show interest in LB Akeem Ayers
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/16949/rams-show-interest-in-lb-akeem-ayers

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- The St. Louis Rams apparently have their eyes on bolstering their linebacker corps.

According to a league source, the team has expressed interest in New England linebacker Akeem Ayers. With the first day of free agency gone, it's more likely a player like Ayers will take some visits. Logically, one with the Rams would make sense though it's unclear when that could happen.

Ayers would be a logical fit in St. Louis as a potential Sam linebacker capable of playing the run and even as a pass-rushing end in Gregg Williams' defensive scheme. The Tennessee Titans originally drafted Ayers in the second-round of the 2011 NFL draft, and he played in Nashville until October of last season when the Patriots traded for him.

Although Rams coach Jeff Fisher was gone from Tennessee when the Titans drafted Ayers, there are a couple of coaches on staff that are familiar. Williams served as the Titans' senior defensive assistant in 2013 and linebackers coach Frank Bush served in the same role in Tennessee in 2011 and 2012 when Ayers was playing there.

In his first three-plus years in the league, many considered Ayers something of an underachiever but he had at least some measure of success upon his arrival in New England. After appearing in just two games in the first seven weeks, the Titans traded Ayers to the Patriots. From there, he posted 17 tackles, four sacks and an interception, working primarily as a pass-rusher.

For his career, Ayers has 241 tackles, 13 sacks, three interceptions and three forced fumbles.

If the team's interest in Ayers doesn't make clear their desire for help at linebacker, it should be more obvious when considering they had expressed some interest in Curtis Lofton before he agreed to terms with the Oakland Raiders. Moments after the Lofton news, New York Giants linebacker Jacquian Williams tweeted that the Rams had reached out to his agent.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Damn I would love to have Fairly but we gotta get some Olineman. Maybe there looking too the future and not planning on resigning Brockers. How would that even be fair with Quinn Donald Fairly Long in on passing downs. My God!

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Damn I would love to have Fairly but we gotta get some Olineman. Maybe there looking too the future and not planning on resigning Brockers. How would that even be fair with Quinn Donald Fairly Long in on passing downs. My God!
I like Brockers better, kid is a beast who comes to work every damn day ready to get his.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
I was just talking to @biggame1190 last night and we were discussing the possibility of Brockers leaving in FA. Fariley & Donald alongside each other is scary to think of!

Regarding OL, even if we sign Fairley I still think we have enough $ to sign Barks or Wis. Then draft 1 or 2 OL in the first 3 rounds

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I wouldn't think we could afford that kind of luxury rotational DT I bet hes gonna make 7 or 8 mil a year he was the number 2 DT in free agency behind Suh.

V3

Hall of Fame
Good grief. Do the Rams feel the same about an O-line as they do FS? We need O-line STARTERS more than D-line.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I was just talking to @biggame1190 last night and we were discussing the possibility of Brockers leaving in FA. Fariley & Donald alongside each other is scary to think of!

Regarding OL, even if we sign Fairley I still think we have enough $ to sign Barks or Wis. Then draft 1 or 2 OL in the first 3 rounds

Yeah I guess but damn I would think we could find some bigger holes to fill with all this cap space, but maybe there just using the BPA strategy in free agency

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
Nick Fairley, huh? I'd work his ass out - hard - and see how he does first. Scuttle is that he is lazy and out of shape.

giphy.gif

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Terrance Knighton - DL - Free Agent
The Denver Post reports the Ravens, Seahawks, and Patriots are interested in free agent DT Terrance Knighton.

They join the Redskins, whom Knighton is visiting with on Wednesday. Knighton is looking for big-time money, which he might be able to get from the Redskins, but he surely wouldn't get it from the other three clubs. He may come as a bargain.
Related: Ravens, Patriots, Seahawks

Source: Troy Renck on Twitter
Mar 11 - 3:09 PM

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Cory Redding - DL - Cardinals
Cardinals agreed to terms with DE Cory Redding, formerly of the Colts, on a two-year, $6 million contract.

The Cardinals got Redding and Corey Peters for the price of what would have been one Darnell Dockett and immensely helped their depth in the process. Redding, 34, is still playing at a high level; he registered 3.5 sacks across 757 snaps last season while consistently causing disruption on running and passing downs for the Colts. He'll also be a veteran locker room presence in the desert.
Related: Colts

Mar 11 - 2:27 PM

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Michael Johnson - DL - Free Agent
Bucs will release DE Michael Johnson.

They're giving up on Johnson just after just one season into a "five-year, $45 million" deal. Along with LT Anthony Collins -- also released -- Johnson was a complete flop in Tampa Bay last season, battling a high ankle sprain, not giving full effort when healthy, and managing four sacks across 14 games. Assuming his price tag is low -- and it figures to be after Johnson put so much bad play on tape last season -- the Bengals are expected to be interested in a reunion. We also wouldn't rule out former Cincinnati DC Mike Zimmer's Vikings giving Johnson a long look.
Related: Bengals, Vikings, Buccaneers

Source: Rick Stroud on Twitter
Mar 11 - 3:30 PM