Free agency thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I'm quite surprised that these players are still out there:
Ezekiel Ansah
Justin Houston
Ndamukong Suh
Timmy Jernigan
Corey Liuget
Eric Berry
Zach Brown
Jared Cook
T.J. Lang
Spencer Ware

I expect Suh and Houston are just taking their time. But I'm hoping the Rams will take a look at Ware and Jernigan or Liuget. Hell, if Ansah or Houston is willing to sign a cheap one year deal, who could say no to that?

I don't think he was ever a strong possibility.

Luiget would be really good acquisition

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/17/four-years-later-all-quiet-on-ndamukong-suh/

Four years later, all quiet on Ndamukong Suh

Four years ago, Ndamukong Suh was the hottest free agent in football. Before teams were even allowed to make offers, let alone finalize them, there were reports that he was going to leave Detroit for Miami and sign the richest contract for a defensive player in the NFL, and that’s what happened.

Suh is a free agent again this year, but it’s been a quiet free agency: There hasn’t even been a report that he’s talking to anyone. Suh is the No. 23 player in our Free Agent Top 100 and the highest-ranked player still available.

The 32-year-old Suh has been a reliably good player — so reliable, in fact, that he has started every game of his career except for his two-game stomping suspension in his second season, in 2011. But he’s no longer an All-Pro defensive tackle, and teams are unlikely to offer him the $14.5 million he made from the Rams last year, and certainly not the $20 million a year he was making with the Dolphins.

Moves can be made quickly in free agency, but it wouldn’t be surprising to see Suh remain atop our list of the best available free agents for some time.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
some good DTs still out there... but I'd honestly like to see how the draft plays out for us first... I've seen 2 mock drafts...with us getting each of the Clemson DTs with our first round pick...if that were to happen (although I'm not getting my hopes up..especially with Lawrence, who I think would be perfect for us)….but if we get a solid DT early in the draft..that changes our FA strategy at that position...

if we don't draft a good one...Jurnigan would be a good option for us..

fearsomefour

Legend
some good DTs still out there... but I'd honestly like to see how the draft plays out for us first... I've seen 2 mock drafts...with us getting each of the Clemson DTs with our first round pick...if that were to happen (although I'm not getting my hopes up..especially with Lawrence, who I think would be perfect for us)….but if we get a solid DT early in the draft..that changes our FA strategy at that position...

if we don't draft a good one...Jurnigan would be a good option for us..
Would like to sign a solid vet DT and draft the best slashing/attacking DL available.

dang

Legend
The Draft looks full of excellent DT & OLB/EDGE players. I don't see the same for ILB so I would like to add a FA there Perhaps Brandon Marshall or Zach Brown - but I believe it would take @$5m to do that.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Draft looks full of excellent DT & OLB/EDGE players. I don't see the same for ILB so I would like to add a FA there Perhaps Brandon Marshall or Zach Brown - but I believe it would take @$5m to do that.

Seems like they're content with Kiser.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Seems like they're content with Kiser.

I like Kiser, both the player and the roll.
usatsi_11005856.jpg

Kaiser2.png

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
Bengals just released Vontaze Burfict. We seem to have minimal issues taking on hot heads. Any takers?

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I don't mean to sound silly, but I have to admit to an irrational fear that signing Fitzpatrick as a backup could be a curse on the signing team's starting quarterback.

If the word FitzPhobia were to manifest as a common phrase in sports media, I may be convinced to retain hope for the human race.

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
I don't mean to sound silly, but I have to admit to an irrational fear that signing Fitzpatrick as a backup could be a curse on the signing team's starting quarterback.

If the word FitzPhobia were to manifest as a common phrase in sports media, I may be convinced to retain hope for the human race.
He signed with Miami to be their starter.