Frank Cignetti just got fired.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Tavon is having those numbers because of the element of surprise may be. At 20 touches there is no element of surprise? But I agree they should stick with it until the defenses stop them.

Every time I bring up Tavon's low touches, and I'm more talking about rushing touches, I get the argument that he won't be effective with more because he relies on gadget plays and misdirection.

Then they up his rushing touches and his production increases accordingly. The proof is in the historical reality. Tavon is almost twice as effective as Gurley in the run game. That's not saying he's better, it's saying behind this o-line, he has the skill set that is more effective. I'm not advocating 20 touches a game, but less than 10 is just unthinkable to me. There's simply no logic in it.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Wow. Sounds "Fishy" to say the least. Not sure this will spark the offense, but it is a change of some sort. This might be a dress rehearsal for Boras to be the coordinator for 2016. If not we be in the market for a new coordinator after the season ends.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
You know - it's much more than just play calling - it's play design. They don't create angles for the lineman in the running game, they don't use enough misdirection, they don't change up the initial looks enough to get mismatches, and they don't adjust a damn thing on the LOS.

They call a play in the huddle and no matter what they see up there, they run that play.

Maybe it's all so vanilla because of all of the inexperience - but that doesn't seem to be limiting the rest of the league.

I think they are just outmatched as a coaching staff - specifically on that side of the ball. DCs are all over them and they have no adjustment for it.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
image.jpg

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe Kroenke can get Arsene Wenger in to sort out the offence.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Honestly if I was Kroenke everyone gets purged and the only man left standing would probably be Gregg Williams and even that's tenuous.

Fixed it. You can't be serious. A defense riddled with key injuries and it's still producing? That's not someone you replace.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Honestly if I was Kroenke everyone gets purged and the only man left standing would probably be Gregg Williams and even that's tenuous.

This staff had it's chance, it's not getting done and now we're promoting people who are a part of how bad this staff is and it's supposed to get better? Nah man nah.
I think Williams and the 'D' Coaching staff have been a bright spot!! But even the very Best D needs a little help from the Offence or they'll get warn-out and Beat up!! Which, I believe is what we saw Yesterday!!
By the way, w/ Brockers getting Hurt I'll bet they bring Trinca-Pasat up!!:D

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Fixed it. You can't be serious. A defense riddled with key injuries and it's still producing? That's not someone you replace.
It's not because he's horrible at his job or anything, it's just that I doubt turning over the entire coaching staff would merit Gregg wanting to stay, you don't want to go around mandating shit or you end up being the Bud Adams of the situation.

There's nothing saying that the new head coach just doesn't like him and tells him to leave.

RamzFanz

Damnit
It's not because he's horrible at his job or anything, it's just that I doubt turning over the entire coaching staff would merit Gregg wanting to stay, you don't want to go around mandating crap or you end up being the Bud Adams of the situation.

There's nothing saying that the new head coach just doesn't like him and tells him to leave.

That would be a sure indicator you've just hired the wrong HC. I don't know if he will want to stay with a new HC, but he sure would be giving up a sweet gig loaded with talent.