Former Rams Scout Dave Razzano on the Bernie Show

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[rp3]http://icestream.dev-cms.com:8000/stl/2012/04/04252012110014.mp3[/rp3]

(Give us your opinion on Blackmon. Do you like this guy as much as most people do?)
No. I don't see him as a high 1 at all. He's got a lot of production, but that's the system down there. He doesn't have elite speed. He's solid, but there will be better players there at other positions. I think Floyd's probably a little bit better. He's incredibly productive.

I've never been high on taking receivers in the first round. If you look at the Colstons, Welkers, Marshalls, etc, all these guys are guys after the 2nd round. Even Hakim Nicks was low in the first round. Hell, the Giants even got a highly productive UDFA. Wide receivers are plentiful. I think you have to build the foundation with the early picks. The big bodies, the corners, the positions that are hardest to find. With the Rams, I can see Fisher continuing to build the foundation. Even the first pick in the 2nd round is like a high one, so they can get a receiver there.

(Do you like Matt Kalil?)
He would definitely be a consideration. They have Saffold and Smith, but he's a foundation guy who's talented. He's going to be a really good solid starter. Not an Orlando Pace kinda guy, but he should be a big consideration if he should slip that far.

(Claiborne. Like him? Care about his wonderlic score?)
His score doesn't bother me for that position. I think he's a good kid. He's a real good cover guy. I'm sure they hope he falls. Even Gilmore at #6. Gilmore's going to go higher than people think. The Rams are gonna get a good player. Again, I wouldn't even consider receiver there. They should get a foundation guy.

(They spent $50M on Bradford, but never got him an elite receiver. Don't they have to?)
That's what happens. If you have a need (at receiver), you tend to push those guys up the board. What they do is over-grade where there's a need. Every team does it, but they try not to. I look at Justin Blackmon, and he looks like a good player, but certainly not at the top of the first round. He's like Crabtree (real productive in the spread), so you have to be a little careful with Blackmon

(What's your enthusiasm level on Fletcher Cox?)
I like him because he's got the power and the quickness inside, and those guys are hard to find. He's an explosive player. He can play the nickel, get after the QB, and he can play the run. That's why you see his name high on a lot of these mock drafts; because he's pretty much the total package.