Fletcher impressing Rams, so far.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
d5c1b37ba4e342959d4d865.png

EARTH CITY, Mo. (AP) -- New St. Louis Rams coach Jeff Fisher admits he is not that familiar with veteran cornerback Bradley Fletcher.

But he likes what he has seen so far.

Fletcher's problem has been staying on the field.

After playing all 16 games for the Rams in 2010 and making 65 solo tackles and four interceptions, he appeared in just four games in 2011 before tearing his right ACL for the second time in three seasons.

That prompted the Rams (No. 28 in AP Pro32) to add depth at the position during the offseason, signing free agent corner Cortland Finnegan, who played for Fisher at Tennessee, and drafting cornerbacks Janoris Jenkins in the second round and Trumaine Johnson in the third.

Fletcher welcomes the competition.

''We're building a strong secondary,'' he said. ''If we do our job on the end along with our rookie draft picks, we're going to be a real good team.''

Even if Fletcher is not a starter, he figures to get his share of playing time provided he's healthy.

For now, that does not appear to be an issue.

''I'm doing good,'' Fletcher said. ''My knee feels good. I can't ask to feel any better right now.''

Fisher has seen no lingering effects of the knee injury.

''The thing that's most impressive as he came back towards the end of the offseason, he was making a lot of plays,'' Fisher said. ''Then he had an outstanding conditioning test and that implies the injury's behind him.''

That would be just fine with Fletcher.

''Unfortunately, I've had to deal with some injuries,'' Fletcher said. ''But at this time right now, I'm happy I'm on the field. I'm able to do everything and I'm looking forward to playing the first preseason game.''

NOTES: WR Danario Alexander is back on the field this week after missing time in the beginning of camp with a hamstring issue. Alexander, who starred at Missouri, played in 10 games last season and had 26 catches and two touchdowns. He has had multiple knee injuries and hamstring problems. ''It's not fun at all,'' Alexander said of sitting on the sidelines. ''I like to compete. Right now, I'm healthy, I'm feeling good and I'm looking forward to the next few weeks.'' ... The Rams emphasized situational plays during their two-hour practice Monday. ''We've always done it because what you want to do is when the situation comes up, it's 'We've done that; here's what we're going to do,''' Fisher said.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I really hope Fletcher can stay healthy. The dude can play.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Ouch...2 ACL tears on the same knee.

I know that feelin. :nahhh: