Fisher Post Game Presser

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I couldn't make it 2 minutes... I just...couldn't.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
I didn't listen but I am sure it goes something like: blah blah Jared handled things pretty well, blah blah this guy didn't practice all week, blah blah their defense is good, blah blah I didn't hear the crowd chanting "Defense" when it was actually the Dolphin defense that was on the field.

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
Fisher: We beat ourselves today with penalties
Reporter: Coach, considering your team is one of the top 5 penalized teams, would you say you were surprised by the penalties? Do you see these penalties as a contributing factor in your losing games?

Fisher never takes any of the responsibility for the losses------the reasons are always out of HIS control.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I guess it's a good thing that I can't see any videos from the Rams site on my iPad. I just can't imagine what Fisher could possibly say to explain this team at this point anyways. Somebody turn the lights off on the way out please. This party is over.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Thanks for all the I could bare to watch posts those bring so much to the site :thinking:

I thought Fisher was honest in his evaluation, a lot more so than me right after that meltdown. It was a tough way to lose after playing great for 3 and a half quarters the defense just had major screw ups on the last two drives and could not get any pressure from the guys up front.

I thought Quinn had a disastrous day playing against a 3rd string LT he got 1 sack and no holding calls although he did get 3 or 4 offsides calls. He alone could have and should have dominated the game.

Goff looked mediocre at best made some ok decisions but I was greatly disappointed in his throws and the fact that he didn't push the ball down field. I know he will get better but I was hoping for a great start not another rebuild.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks for all the I could bare to watch posts those bring so much to the site :thinking:

I thought Fisher was honest in his evaluation, a lot more so than me right after that meltdown. It was a tough way to lose after playing great for 3 and a half quarters the defense just had major screw ups on the last two drives and could not get any pressure from the guys up front.

I thought Quinn had a disastrous day playing against a 3rd string LT he got 1 sack and no holding calls although he did get 3 or 4 offsides calls. He alone could have and should have dominated the game.

Goff looked mediocre at best made some ok decisions but I was greatly disappointed in his throws and the fact that he didn't push the ball down field. I know he will get better but I was hoping for a great start not another rebuild.

without seeing the all 22 ..who the crap was he supposed to throw it to down field it didn't look the coaching staff called a play that went beyond 5-8 yards ...factor in the phins blitzed on "most" passing plays he did a good job of getting it out there quickly

he without a doubt threw some shaky balls and he threw "deep" a couple of times and missed his receiver but i thought he did well and what was asked of him

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
without seeing the all 22 ..who the crap was he supposed to throw it to down field it didn't look the coaching staff called a play that went beyond 5-8 yards ...factor in the phins blitzed on "most" passing plays he did a good job of getting it out there quickly

he without a doubt threw some shaky balls and he threw "deep" a couple of times and missed his receiver but i thought he did well and what was asked of him
I thought they could have used more play action after Gurley had a few nice runs and once a gain the oline just can't get it done consistently. Boudreau has not impressed me in his second stint with the Rams and retooling with his picks even Havenstien looks worse this year not better.

Goff looked just ok to me even on the short passes Britt and Quick bailed him out a couple of times. Just his first game and I honestly didn't expect much more production however I did expect a nicer ball in the air and better accuracy. The two passes he tried down the field on the last drive were not within 5 yards of the receiver.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"Knowing that we played 3 and a half quarters of good football even tgi7gh we didn't get points"

NO YOU DIDN'T. STOP TELLING THE GUYS THAT THEY DID WELL WHEN THEY DIDN'THE. HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought they could have used more play action after Gurley had a few nice runs and once a gain the oline just can't get it done consistently. Boudreau has not impressed me in his second stint with the Rams and retooling with his picks even Havenstien looks worse this year not better.

Goff looked just ok to me even on the short passes Britt and Quick bailed him out a couple of times. Just his first game and I honestly didn't expect much more production however I did expect a nicer ball in the air and better accuracy. The two passes he tried down the field on the last drive were not within 5 yards of the receiver.

I'll take his performance in this game..i watched him intently last night as its probably the last time ill get to see them on tv this year...it wasn't just his throws ..he was identifying blitzers..trying to extend the plays with his feet..made a couple of good runs ..yeah there were a couple of bail out plays made by his receivers show me a vet QB who doesnt have that help some times .. he also got screwed on a couple of plays..namely Grob with the block in the back and the kendricks fumble and false start

i did mention that the long balls where he missed his receivers but those will come with reps,familiarity and game time (if only there was a way we could have got him more that huh) and when the game slows down for him

im not annoiting Jared Goff as the next Brady or manning but for a first game in shit weather and a less than stellar coaching staff and O line ...the kid did good in my book

JerseyRam1

Rookie
Best thing I heard last week in regard to Fisher was when Stan was asked at the groundbreaking ceremony if he was working on extensions for Snead and Fisher, Stans response, "Chuckle".

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I thought Quinn had a disastrous day playing against a 3rd string LT
Not his best game...the LT Tunsil was rated by many the best player in this draft...and only fell due to a strange video that surfaced on draft day....

Those offsides penalties...show a lack of discipline...not the first one...but the second and third...no respect for the coaches...

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not his best game...the LT Tunsil was rated by many the best player in this draft...and only fell due to a strange video that surfaced on draft day....

Those offsides penalties...show a lack of discipline...not the first one...but the second and third...no respect for the coaches...
Tunsil has been at G most of the year and he left the game it really was thier 3rd stringer ....although Fish did say Quinn had some problems because of the way their LT lined up deeper ? i think he was insuintating th refs missed some iilegal formations or something ?

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder

I'll cut Quinn some slack this week
Remember this:

image.jpeg

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I cut the entire defense some slack because holding a team scoreless for 56 minutes ought to win every game played
The mentality of the Coach wont change though, that they did enough to win.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent

Damn, the thought of being in a rebuild mode, still. Sorry Fisher, I'd like to try something else.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

Tunsil didn't play the whole game left with his own injury